My three year old has a high need to chew on things. She is still nursing (not as much as she would like, but I also have a 1 yo and experience a lot of agitation). She chewed bites out of the entire length of the cord to her mini DVD player and it really scared me. At first I freaked out about the fact that she could have been shocked, but then I thought about the lead, PVC, phalates, etc. that she probably ingested. I have been giving her a cloth carrot or Sophie giraffe to chew on while she watches something, but I guess I am really wondering if all this chewing could be because of some sort of deficiency. I know chewing on clothes could be a zinc deficiency, and she does that sometimes. We eat a mostly TF, organic diet and she usually eats pretty well. Any thoughts? Should I get her lead levels tested because of the cord incident?
post #1 of 7
7/28/10 at 4:19am