or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Alaska and Hawaii › alaskan mama chat - it's August!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

alaskan mama chat - it's August! - Page 3

post #41 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
I start my new job today!

Which also means that DH is now the full time primary caregiver. No more night wakings for me! The almost one year old, a full time job, and the pregnancy are too much all together, and one year old is the only one I can give up.

I am so excited about this job, today is going to be amazing!
I can sympathize with ya. I start classes this semester (my last year thank God!) I have to work 14 hrs a week at my practicum, 20+hrs a week at work as an administrator for a childcare center, 4 classes (12 credits), then there is the family, household chores and related activities and on top of it all we are due at the end of Nov with the second child. I get tired thinking about it. lol
post #42 of 92
Glad to have seen some of you at the nurse it. I thought it was a great success. Two store managers stood quietly by. Did they think we were going to tear up the store? I only heard of two customers make inappropriate comments to individuals. The star bucks employees were nice, thanking us for our patience. The check out girl who was using the register next to where we were congregating was nice. We sat, stood, walked around, visted, and nursed (those who are still nursing). I was proud to see several daddies there. Here are my pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cloud9d...7624669542368/
News Miner and Channel 13 were there and I already saw the clip on the news tonight.
post #43 of 92
It was awesome! Thank you all for you support!
post #44 of 92
They try to toss one nursing mama out and get 7 nursing mamas (per G's pictures) at once!! I find this hysterical and it serves them right.

Way to go, Crystal!

Jenn
post #45 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
Glad to have seen some of you at the nurse it. I thought it was a great success. Two store managers stood quietly by. Did they think we were going to tear up the store? I only heard of two customers make inappropriate comments to individuals. The star bucks employees were nice, thanking us for our patience. The check out girl who was using the register next to where we were congregating was nice. We sat, stood, walked around, visted, and nursed (those who are still nursing). I was proud to see several daddies there. Here are my pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cloud9d...7624669542368/
News Miner and Channel 13 were there and I already saw the clip on the news tonight.
Great pics!!! Looks like a success!
post #46 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
They try to toss one nursing mama out and get 7 nursing mamas
according to the news miner guy they got 20 nursing mamas
post #47 of 92
So dh went and got fixed.. it was quite the interesting weekend..
post #48 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxravnos View Post
according to the news miner guy they got 20 nursing mamas
20 moms. Not all of us are nursing as our kids are too old.
post #49 of 92
Sometimes I really wish I lived in Fairbanks.. I totally would have been there..

Anyone attempted to fix a Kodak camera? I think my LCD screen is cracked.. how does one go about getting it fixed? Do I have to mail it out? How long does it take? Pretty sure there are no fixit shops up here, right?
post #50 of 92
Theres a camera guy downtown on 2nd next to the co-op, upstairs. And theres a camera shop next to Bamboo Panda by the old Gottschalks store.

20+ mamas and a bunch of daddies and babies = awesome! I was so pleased!
post #51 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_AK_Crystal View Post
Theres a camera guy downtown on 2nd next to the co-op, upstairs. And theres a camera shop next to Bamboo Panda by the old Gottschalks store.

20+ mamas and a bunch of daddies and babies = awesome! I was so pleased!
the old Gottschalks store in Northway?
post #52 of 92
Wait a sec, are you in Anchorage? I don't know where there's a camera shop in Anchorage. I'm in Fairbanks.
post #53 of 92
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/11/us...ml?_r=1&src=mv

Ted Stevens died (or is presumed dead) in a plane crash last night. (It sounds like it was rural and they're not 100% certain yet, but suspect that most or all passengers on the little plane did not survive).
post #54 of 92
ADN has an update. Sad stuff - No matter how you feel about him.

Anyone know if I can refuse just the varicella/chicken pox vaccine for day care? I delay vax and DS was just accepted to a NAYEC day care. I just think that one doesn't work particularly well so I'd rather he just get it the live virus.
post #55 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
ADN has an update. Sad stuff - No matter how you feel about him.

Anyone know if I can refuse just the varicella/chicken pox vaccine for day care? I delay vax and DS was just accepted to a NAYEC day care. I just think that one doesn't work particularly well so I'd rather he just get it the live virus.
Take the religious exemption form to the bank and get it notarized. I used a medical exemption for one of my kids at public school and the nurse didn't bat an eye, but they are harder to get.

And yes, it is a sad day for Alaskans.
post #56 of 92
I'm looking to travel somewhere hot for the holidays. Anyone have any suggestions??

The less expensive the better, since there will be 6 of us going. Planning on splurging with the PFDs!
post #57 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
I'm looking to travel somewhere hot for the holidays. Anyone have any suggestions??
i hate vagas more then anything but around PFD time they tend to have cheap tickets and from there you can rent a van and go anywhere on the west coast.

also hawaii frequently has really cheap trips PFD time
post #58 of 92
Anyone need nursing bras? I found a slew of them in various sizes at the Value Village on Northern Lights. None have tags, but they all look new (and who the heck would donate like 25 used nursing bras? I am pretty sure they came off some clearance rack somewhere).. many were in the small range but I found up to XL+. $12.99 is a steal for these. Lots of the floral prints but I found a few white, black, pink, and one animal print.
post #59 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxravnos View Post
also hawaii frequently has really cheap trips PFD time
When I was a kid we would go to Hawaii every Christmas for several years. It was great. We would see the Aloha bowl on Christmas day.
post #60 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
Anyone need nursing bras? I found a slew of them in various sizes at the Value Village on Northern Lights. None have tags, but they all look new (and who the heck would donate like 25 used nursing bras? I am pretty sure they came off some clearance rack somewhere).. many were in the small range but I found up to XL+. $12.99 is a steal for these. Lots of the floral prints but I found a few white, black, pink, and one animal print.
Yay! Hopefully some XL will still be there when I can get there next Friday.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Alaska and Hawaii
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Alaska and Hawaii › alaskan mama chat - it's August!