or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~ August Pagan Familes Circle~*~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~*~ August Pagan Familes Circle~*~ - Page 9

post #161 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Wow...so many families "coming together" right now! That's just neat! to all and hopes for smooth sailing!
I've got, like 45 seconds here this morning, but I have to say
Yes it *is* neat! So very excited for you, Cari and you DoK!

Traveling for my grandma's funeral to be with some of my family that I haven't seen for a long time tomorrow, myself. It's going to be good.
post #162 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Today was very eventful. After my appointment, the kids and I went up to the YMCA to get an application for their limited income membership. I think that's great that they do that for families in need and the kids are very excited to go..
my membership is really low but i am also food stamp and medicaid eligible. unfortunately. i thought we were headed back up put of the hole but DH had to quit working and is going to apply for disability. he has had a problem with his right eye for a long time. mostly blind in it. he always hits his head on stuff at work and he worls construction. they call him hard hat ben bc he has to wear a hard hat even when nobody else is. but last month he lost all sight in it and it is now a dead eye basically. he is hoping the disability people will help him train for something else and give him insurance long enough to maybe get help fixing it. i am a little depressed about the loss of money but with the eye problem and him getting heat exhaustion every day at work, i am just glad that he is staying home and staying alive. he almost fell off the roof and that was the last straw. he quit then and there. he has been doing this kind of work since he was 15. he is scared to learn something new.....


cari- yay for you! so exciting. hope your drive went good!
post #163 of 684
Yay Cari and DoK!

This morning has started off beautifully. I woke around 9:45 and turned so my side and part of my back was on the bed. The baby woke up and started tap dancing so I grabbed dh's hand and he got to feel some really good kicks. He's now on the phone telling dp all about it. Dp is sad because he's not here to feel it too.

I need to make my list of things to get for the kids for school as they're getting excited. Dd has found her fist science experiment she wants to do "all by herself" which is make homemade orange marmalade. She saw it on Good Eats with Alton Brown.

I'm really starting to see where each child shines and can't wait until the fall even more now. I think we're going to the beach in a week or two. It's going to be Dd's 2nd affirmation birthday coming up very soon.

Is it wrong that I'm eating some of the manicotti for breakfast? I don't think it is.
post #164 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
my membership is really low but i am also food stamp and medicaid eligible. unfortunately. i thought we were headed back up put of the hole but DH had to quit working and is going to apply for disability. he has had a problem with his right eye for a long time. mostly blind in it. he always hits his head on stuff at work and he worls construction. they call him hard hat ben bc he has to wear a hard hat even when nobody else is. but last month he lost all sight in it and it is now a dead eye basically. he is hoping the disability people will help him train for something else and give him insurance long enough to maybe get help fixing it. i am a little depressed about the loss of money but with the eye problem and him getting heat exhaustion every day at work, i am just glad that he is staying home and staying alive. he almost fell off the roof and that was the last straw. he quit then and there. he has been doing this kind of work since he was 15. he is scared to learn something new.....

My dh is scared to try new things because he's afraid of failure. I finally drilled into him that in order to succeed we have to fail. Now he's going back to school this fall to get the last 20 credits he needs to finally have his Masters in Chemistry!

We too are on food stamps and have medicaid and though I do not like being on them, I am grateful I can provide for my family when I knew I could not. When my dh lost his job, he did not get anything! Luckily we were accepted for TANF (temporary assistance for needy families) and that has been a blessing.

I am almost done filling everything out for the application so that I can send it in. The kids are uber excited as am I.
post #165 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
My Mom is arriving at my brother's house late this morning! Roo and I will drive down to RI to visit.
How exciting! Your mom will be glad to be among people who love her. How long does it take to drive to your brother's house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Saw a social worker yesterday. DD1 will get help from their services. r
Yay!
Me lurve my crock pot. We're having chicken wings (again) tonight, though. DS's choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Maia--you asked a while back and I didn't see an answer. Rachel Maddow has a show on MSNBC. She's very liberal, is a total politics geek, and detail- oriented. I happen to <3 her and her work (and I think she's very attractive, to boot.)
Thanks! No TV here, but I guess you probably figured that out if I ask who people are on it
Hope you feel better. Do you have a Neti pot? I did mine this morning because I was feeling a little stuffy myself. Heading it off at the pass, as it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
so all is well there.. and I'll have FOUR boys in the house in just a few hours
YAY, Cari! I can't wait till you can get back on and update us! Actually...3 boys and a young man, already. Go mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Today is also the day that I realized things are changing. This is not meant to be or sound sad in any way. I need to have a life outside of my children. As they are getting ready to go out on their own, testing the waters, their social lives are really taking off. It makes me proud to see them, the people they are becoming. It also brings in to focus how much of me has been on hold. It is all quite exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.
That's kind of cool, redveg. It's nice for me, as the mom of a not-yet-tweenish boy, to hear your adventure of young adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Wow...so many families "coming together" right now! That's just neat! to all and hopes for smooth sailing!
I'm hoping we'll be one of those, soon. DS is really looking forward to having a dad, and M is all excited to be ds's stepdad! Now all we need is to sell this dang house. I so, so wish I had an extra couple thousand so I could just move, and worry about selling it from afar.

Here's my FB horoscope for the day:

Your Daily Horoscope: August 6, 2010
Scorpio Oct. 23 - Nov 21
This could be an excellent day for travel for you, Scorpio, even if you're only making the plans. There are major markers, including the transit of Venus and the positions of the Moon and Mars that could indicate foreign travel as well. Even if it's only about planning a weekend getaway, it's time to put energy into that plan and make it happen. If this is impossible for you, then it is a perfectly good time for altering your long-term plans so that you don't find yourself in a situation like this in the future, when the planets are configured well for travel once again. Call someone you haven't spoken to in a while today.
Compatibility: Sagittarius (Which is M )
Mood: Irritated (not yet-- I have a whole day to myself! )
Your Daily Lucky Color: Purple (wearing army green--maybe I should change?)
Lucky Number: 40 (because...?)
Lucky Time of Day: 7pm (remains to be seen. DS will be home by then and going to bed, hopefully. Hoping for web-cam today!)

I'm taking it to mean travel = moving

Quote:
actually, I think it was a garment version of a klein bottle!
Had to go look that up...sounds like a Thneed No play-pen to corral him up while you sew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i thought we were headed back up put of the hole but DH had to quit working and is going to apply for disability. he has had a problem with his right eye for a long time.

i am a little depressed about the loss of money but with the eye problem and him getting heat exhaustion every day at work, i am just glad that he is staying home and staying alive.

he has been doing this kind of work since he was 15. he is scared to learn something new.....
It sounds totally like he made the right decision, and it's good that you have access to help in the meanwhile. I wish I was eligible. Because I live off of social security and a distribution from an IRA, the gov't thinks I am rolling in money When actually, I live off of what I live off of-- my monthly income. And half of that is about to end in April. I haven't worked since 1999. Wish me luck, then, mamas.

It's alright to be scared. Face the fear and do it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Is it wrong that I'm eating some of the manicotti for breakfast? I don't think it is.
Nope. DS doesn't eat "breakfast food". He usually has pizza or pasta or something dinnery. Makes me utterly nauseous, but he's eating, so I don't care.

Off to Shred
post #166 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Here's my FB horoscope for the day:

Your Daily Horoscope: August 6, 2010
Scorpio Oct. 23 - Nov 21
This could be an excellent day for travel for you, Scorpio, even if you're only making the plans. There are major markers, including the transit of Venus and the positions of the Moon and Mars that could indicate foreign travel as well. Even if it's only about planning a weekend getaway, it's time to put energy into that plan and make it happen. If this is impossible for you, then it is a perfectly good time for altering your long-term plans so that you don't find yourself in a situation like this in the future, when the planets are configured well for travel once again. Call someone you haven't spoken to in a while today.
Compatibility: Sagittarius (Which is M )
Mood: Irritated (not yet-- I have a whole day to myself! )
Your Daily Lucky Color: Purple (wearing army green--maybe I should change?)
Lucky Number: 40 (because...?)
Lucky Time of Day: 7pm (remains to be seen. DS will be home by then and going to bed, hopefully. Hoping for web-cam today!)
Ooh! I'm scorpio too! And dh is a Sagittarius! Hmmmm. Lets see how that goes for me today as well!
post #167 of 684
Inspired to find my FB horoscope for the day now too:
Aries Mar. 21 - Apr 19

Venus' transit through its own sign begins today, which is the relationship house of your Solar Chart, Aries. This is a very good omen as far as relationships are concerned, and the Moon's position signals domestic tranquility as well. ... It's generally favorable and fortunate for those who are; almost all family matters can be resolved. Cooperation and affection are yours for the asking.
Compatibility: Sagittarius
Mood: Exhausted
Lucky Time of Day: 5pm


Hahaha - DH is an Aries like me Outlook looks like I'm getting lots of hugs and help at home tonight as long as I ask for it
post #168 of 684
Morning Mamas The sun came out for 2 hours yesterday It's been so weird to have summer with hardly any sun.

Cari-

Maia-you'll be moving before you know it. You're intention is strong and powerful. That's great DS and M are excited to have each other.

unschoolin- Cool about the Y working for your family. I wish we had one. We just have health clubs here with hefty initiation fees. Does NOT work for our 1 income family.

LM-Good luck to your hubby for a transition to the perfect job!

Aubergine- Safe travels.

Dok-Hope you get through your cleaning without too much discomfort. I keep having this fantasy that I'll find another mom in my situation where we could take turns coming over to each others' houses while one entertains, the other gets to clean while kiddos are distracted. I haven't found the right person yet, but I'm hanging onto the dream.

Clay-That's a serious sewing challenge! You've gotten so much done considering. Hopefully, it will all be behind you soon.

redveg-Love you're outlook. I can relate to the feelings of putting things off. I can only imagine the impact on this having triplets. Be gentle with yourself. I bet something truly beautiful will emerge.

witchy- Hope you feel better soon.

aeress-Have a fun outing

valerie- the festival sounds so fun! Caramelized apple juice?

ktg-Enjoy your hugs and help

Aweyn- How was your relaxing day?

I've been doing a lot of planning for a concert DP and I are doing, musical theater. It's coming along. This is something we can create together, and I look forward to rehearsing with him. Also, getting ready for our annual college reunion camping trip. We go Monday morning

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday
post #169 of 684
Okay I have to vent here and get a "wwyd" response.

I'm working on a paper for class so I had dh take the kids outside with their bouncy seat balls to play for a bit. He comes back and tells me there was a boy about ds's age (5) who always bullies him. I didn't even know this! He pulls his hair, takes his toys and pushes him. His mom sits outside and does nothing. I asked dh if he has ever said anything to stop this behavior and he said, "he wanted to see how ds would respond. Plus he's afraid to ask the mom anything and just lets it happen."

I'm angry at him for his fears of everything and now I'm going to be handling this situation. I ALWAYS have to take on the situations. When a man kept bugging dh, he ran to me to handle it, when the kids are in trouble under dh's watch, he runs to me. I'm sick of it.

Do I have a right to be angry about this? wwyd?
post #170 of 684
~~~~~~~quick reminder~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copyright/fair use law limits everyone to sharing 100 words or less from an original source (website, forum, book, article, etc).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
post #171 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Ooh! I'm scorpio too! And dh is a Sagittarius! Hmmmm. Lets see how that goes for me today as well!
When's your birthday? Mine's Nov.17, and M's is Dec.13. How funny that we have that in common!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Maia-you'll be moving before you know it. You're intention is strong and powerful. That's great DS and M are excited to have each other.
That's so sweet of you to say. I hope you're right! I put intention out there every. single. day. Except yesterday, cause it was such an off day all the way 'round. And then Monday I'm doing The Ritual

Did you and your DH go to the same college? Have so much fun! How far from you is it? Are you driving? Are the kids coming with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
He comes back and tells me there was a boy about ds's age (5) who always bullies him. I didn't even know this! He pulls his hair, takes his toys and pushes him. His mom sits outside and does nothing. I asked dh if he has ever said anything to stop this behavior and he said, "he wanted to see how ds would respond. Plus he's afraid to ask the mom anything and just lets it happen."

I'm angry at him for his fears of everything and now I'm going to be handling this situation. I ALWAYS have to take on the situations. When a man kept bugging dh, he ran to me to handle it, when the kids are in trouble under dh's watch, he runs to me. I'm sick of it.

Do I have a right to be angry about this? wwyd?
I don't know-- I know you have a right to be frustrated. It sounds so obnoxious.

Is your DH generally that kind of guy, fearful like that? Or just in this situation?

I can see trying it out at first to see how ds would respond, but after once I'd not let it go again, if I were the parent at the scene.

I'd do a number of things: talk to ds about it, see how he feels, if he wants the situation to change, different ways he can respond.

I'd also talk to the other mom, after gauging her response to see if she even noticed it.

And knowing me, I'd have a thing or two to say to the bully, in the moment.

I'm a loud, in-yo-face mama, but I also can be diplomatic, not usually mean. I'd be something like "Hey, you, that's totally uncool. Did you realize you're being really mean to ds? How about you try it <insert way here> this way instead? DS, is that kid's behavior alright with you? How would you rather see him act?" Kind of like that.
And then help them try out the new way.

As for rescuing your DH, I'd not even step in. I'd let him handle it, or not, as he sees fit. He's a grown man, after all.

My 2c
post #172 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
~~~~~~~quick reminder~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copyright/fair use law limits everyone to sharing 100 words or less from an original source (website, forum, book, article, etc).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Oh, you mean the horoscopes? Whoops. Sowwy
post #173 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
...
That's so sweet of you to say. I hope you're right! I put intention out there every. single. day. Except yesterday, cause it was such an off day all the way 'round. And then Monday I'm doing The Ritual

Did you and your DH go to the same college? Have so much fun! How far from you is it? Are you driving? Are the kids coming with?

...
Can I light my candle for you Mon evening at the campground in the beautiful redwood forest? I won't be able to during the day.

DP and I did go to the same university. It's where we performed together, became good friends, and then more... This is the 6th summer we've done the camping trip though it's been longer than that since we've graduated. Kids always come. As the college friends family's grow, so does the trip and experience. Some have kids, some don't. We were the first. It started when DD was 15 mo, and now she's 6 1/2. We also have a 4 1/2 DS (he was 6 mo old on his first trip). It's so fun camping as a group. We all help each other out. The campground is a little over an hour away, so we're driving. Can't Wait!
post #174 of 684
Clay - do you need us to edit? Gah I completely forgot about the copyright.

post #175 of 684
When's your birthday? Mine's Nov.17, and M's is Dec.13. How funny that we have that in common!

Mine is Oct. 29th and Dh's is Dec. 7th!



Is your DH generally that kind of guy, fearful like that? Or just in this situation?

Yes Dh is very fearful of much of everything but confrontation is his biggest fear.

I can see trying it out at first to see how ds would respond, but after once I'd not let it go again, if I were the parent at the scene.

Exactly!

I'd do a number of things: talk to ds about it, see how he feels, if he wants the situation to change, different ways he can respond.

My ds is very gentle. He said he didn't like it, but didn't want to cause any trouble either.

I'd also talk to the other mom, after gauging her response to see if she even noticed it.

And knowing me, I'd have a thing or two to say to the bully, in the moment.

Mom probably speaks broken English. We live in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. Luckily, I can speak Spanish. And I have no problem scolding other people's children.

I'm a loud, in-yo-face mama, but I also can be diplomatic, not usually mean. I'd be something like "Hey, you, that's totally uncool. Did you realize you're being really mean to ds? How about you try it <insert way here> this way instead? DS, is that kid's behavior alright with you? How would you rather see him act?" Kind of like that.

I too am. I'm known as the mom who'll put your child in a time out situation outside. Most of the children are not watched at all. The parents let them outside and then go to the store. I've seen kids as young as 3 by themselves outside for hours with no supervision. It drives me bonkers.

As for rescuing your DH, I'd not even step in. I'd let him handle it, or not, as he sees fit. He's a grown man, after all.

I haven't since that time. He always looks like a scared little child though when faced with a daunting task. I guess I'm just a tough cookie.
post #176 of 684
The bus company lost one of my mom's suitcases. Unfortunately, it had VERY important paperwork in there including her: Passport, Birth Certificate, bank statements, etc.

This is so not good.
post #177 of 684
Hello everyone, may I join? Hopefully you welcome 'absolute beginners'! We are very interested in Paganism and have been doing a lot of reading in the area and feel like this is 'us' if that makes sense. We are an earth-based/eco family and live in a small town that I know has some Pagans (Wiccans) - though I just have to get out there and meet them and because I am very new to it all it's also a little daunting - we have a lot to learn yet! Anyway, I am so glad I found this group and looking forward to connecting
post #178 of 684
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Traveling for my grandma's funeral to be with some of my family that I haven't seen for a long time tomorrow, myself. It's going to be good.
I'm glad you can find the silver lining in such a sad situation. s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
The bus company lost one of my mom's suitcases. Unfortunately, it had VERY important paperwork in there including her: Passport, Birth Certificate, bank statements, etc.

This is so not good.
I'm just reeling over how they could lose a suitcase, don't they usually go UNDER the bus the passenger rides in, in a locked compartment????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
Hello everyone, may I join? Hopefully you welcome 'absolute beginners'! We are very interested in Paganism and have been doing a lot of reading in the area and feel like this is 'us' if that makes sense. We are an earth-based/eco family and live in a small town that I know has some Pagans (Wiccans) - though I just have to get out there and meet them and because I am very new to it all it's also a little daunting - we have a lot to learn yet! Anyway, I am so glad I found this group and looking forward to connecting
Welcome

Well mamas, we are home D is getting himself settled... he is a typical male and has forgotten SO much stuff *sigh* His dad says he will mail a package soon. Off to enjoy the day
post #179 of 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
Hello everyone, may I join? Hopefully you welcome 'absolute beginners'! We are very interested in Paganis
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I'm just reeling over how they could lose a suitcase, don't they usually go UNDER the bus the passenger rides in, in a locked compartment????
I don't know if it's locked, but yes, they put them in a compartment on the outside of the bus. Like a trunk, only located on the side.
My mother and brother are wondering if someone grabbed it when they got off the bus (either by accident or on purpose.)

I just hope it turns up locally with the contents UNTOUCHED/UNSEEN.
post #180 of 684
Oh, goodness, DOK, that's just terrible! Make sure she contacts all those agencies ASAP, even if she has to leave a message over the weekend. Just so it's documented that she's lost them. I know it's hard to remember the logical things when emotions are running so high.

Just cut all my fingernails and for some reason I'm find it really hard to type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
Hello everyone, may I join?
Certainly! Welcome and merry meet! We are a VERY prolific group, and don't always (or much, sometimes) talk about Paganism, so if there's anything you want to know, just speak up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Well mamas, we are home D is getting himself settled... he is a typical male and has forgotten SO much stuff *sigh* His dad says he will mail a package soon. Off to enjoy the day
Wow, yay!!! I'm so glad he arrived safely!

M is off having a drunk
He and I had a very, very intense convo earlier in the day, and it brought up a whole bunch of emotions for him. Not good ones. I'm glad he got the events off his chest that caused the emotions-- apparently he's been holding the knowledge all these years, like nearly 40 years but I'm glad he can confide in me.
And then he heard his SIL died recently of dementia. She was only 56.

He doesn't have the tools to handle these kind of deep, intense feelings without drinking, unfortunately.
But he did do the more responsible thing, if there's a lesser evil. He told me ahead of time that he was going to, that it was a done deal, I couldn't talk him out of it or through it, and he's at home with a friend and they're locked in for the night. And he promised I'd hear from him before 9am and he wouldn't wallow in shame and not call me.
So I think I'm alright with it, sort of. As long as he's safe and not out in public.

So I'm letting ds sleep with me tonight, since I won't be up late on the phone, or up early on the phone. DS went to a water park field trip all day long. He had lots of fun, but his legs are killing him (LOTS of stairs up to the slide and he went up a ton of times) and he's sunburnt (even with a ton of sunblock) and I bet he's utterly crashed already. I don't hear a peep from my room.

I had something like 2 hours on webcam with M earlier, though We had such a great connection, for a change. It was hell trying to get on, but once we connected it was crystal clear. And ds was at his field trip, so it was one-on-one with no interruptions and quiet and lovely

Tomorrow is our public Lammas ritual. I don't know why it wasn't last weekend. I'm bringing a corn chowder to the potluck, but I forgot to make it vegan and used butter I'm so mad at myself.
Oh well.

I'm so, so glad I can feel the turn in the air. It's still hot as Hades and next week is supposed to be back in the mid-high 90s!!!! but I know September is coming soon.
Always by Mabon, or the week following, is when I end up putting the flannel sheets on. Right now I can't even conceive of flannel. I hope this winter isn't unseasonably and relentlessly warm. I will freak. Not in a good way. I loathe heat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~ August Pagan Familes Circle~*~