HI Pumpkin- another insomia person too...
Just a thought on the county fair... can you drive your 'friend' there, have her pay the parking -since YOU DROVE that only seems fair and equal that she pay parking.... then split up, you take your DS to see the animals and FREE stuff and her kid and do the $$ stuff and you guys meet up in say 3hrs or whatever to go home? I've done that before. That way your DS doesn't have to see her kid on the rides but he can see the animals and free things and she gets a ride and you get free parking?
For employment have you tried temp agencies? I dont know what your skill set is but sometimes they can send you out on day jobs for office work. If you dont find something you may need to give up the daycare spot and just look for someone to do casual babysitting or trade babysitting until things get squared away with employment. I know it stinks but if you dont have the $50/week what are you gonna do? You said bills are good for the next 3 wks or so but thats about how long it takes to get hired and get payroll going so... I wouldn't be making daycare payments if I didnt have to right now...
Im in AZ and the job market stinks. Can you substitute teach? Out here all you need is a bachelors degree and they let you sub. School just started and work has been steady (i would've had more days but i had committments last week- who would've thought they needed subs on week 2!)
I am so frustrated with the daycare/preschool situation. I don't want to lose my spot, but I know I can't afford it if I don't find a job. It is so hard to find a spot after the school year has started, and I don't have enough friends to really do enough swapping if I do find a job. If I let his spot go, I will likely not be able to work at all, or only minimally. If I keep the spot, I won't have enough to pay the bills. I am waiting to hear back from our state cash assistance program, but they are taking forever these days to get back to people. I likely will have to wait at least another two to three weeks to even get an interview and then at least a few more days to get any assistance from them. The good thing is that they can most likely fund the $50 per week until I find a job, but it isn't a guarantee. I am also waiting to hear on whether I will receive unemployment or not. If I do, I will be getting a back pay check that should be around $500, but if not, I will definitely be scrambling.
I could start looking for subbing jobs, but I am so done with working childcare. I literally feel like tearing my hair out when I think about working in childcare/preschool/daycare. I know I need to take pretty much anything right now, but I literally feel like I am going to lose it if I have to take another childcare job. My part time job is childcare, and I have done nothing but childcare for the last three years and it is so not what I want to be doing. I LOVE my part time job, and won't be giving that one up, but it is only about 2 or so hours per week and the pay is phenomenal, plus I adore my co-workers there. There is no way to up the hours there, and I have the highest paid position there, so no chance of making more money there, but I am going to keep it for as long as I possibly can.
Ok, off to scour Craigslist once again....