or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dexter - Season 5

post #1 of 173
Thread Starter 
WHOOPS. I started this in the wrong forum on accident.

9/26. Whose ready? After the final scene from last year, Im not so sure.
post #2 of 173
I'm not sure I like where the trailer implied it's going. I'm afraid that they're setting it up for this to be the last season.
post #3 of 173
Thread Starter 
trailor? What trailor? lol

I will have to check it out when i get home. I switch back and forth between sho and HBO depending on what show of mine is on. Incase you havent noticed, its True Blood Season. So showtime will just have to wait.
post #4 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
I'm not sure I like where the trailer implied it's going. I'm afraid that they're setting it up for this to be the last season.
I hope not! I just discovered Dexter via netflix a couple months ago, and I LOVE it. Possibly my fav show. Of course, it'll be another show where I've watched previous seasons on DVD all the way through and it's gonna kill me to have to wait a week in between shows, though.
But I'm ready!
post #5 of 173
Oh, and did ya'll know that in real life, Dexter is married to Deb??
post #6 of 173
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
Oh, and did ya'll know that in real life, Dexter is married to Deb??
Sur did. And hes recently a cancer survivor, though I cant remember what kind.
post #7 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
trailor? What trailor? lol
I saw it on fb. I "liked" Dexter, and every so often a preview of the new season will pop up.
post #8 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Sur did. And hes recently a cancer survivor, though I cant remember what kind.
I did hear that. Glad he's in remission.
post #9 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
Oh, and did ya'll know that in real life, Dexter is married to Deb??
DH came home and told me that recently! Of course, he worded it like, "Dexter married his sister" and it took a moment for me to realize exactly what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Sur did. And hes recently a cancer survivor, though I cant remember what kind.
Hodgkin's Lymphoma? I think that was it...
post #10 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
trailor? What trailor? lol

I will have to check it out when i get home. I switch back and forth between sho and HBO depending on what show of mine is on. Incase you havent noticed, its True Blood Season. So showtime will just have to wait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE
post #11 of 173
I'm still finishing off Season 4 even though I made my friend tell me everything that happened. We'll be getting Showtime before Season 5 starts. I can't wait.
post #12 of 173
I cannot wait until Dexter starts up again. I love it more than any other show in the history of television. I'm excited to see where they take it, with him being a single father and all. Oh, and with Quinn on his a$$ now, should be good.
post #13 of 173
I absolutely adored Dexter! But that last season finale really shook me. Usually I don't let stuff I watch affect me like that, but I was pretty horrified. I was in a serious funk for like two days. It was bizarre.

I'm not sure how I feel about this next season. How do you make a recovery from something like that? The trailer didn't provide any optimism in that respect. They were trying to keep their viewers on their toes and avoid becoming "predictable", but I'm afraid they may have gone too far in the other direction and painted themselves into a corner. I dunno. I won't be turning our cable back on for it. If I can see it some other way, then I'll wait for the reviews and check it out later.
post #14 of 173
Oh boy I so hope this isn't the last season. "Six Feet Under" is still my favorite show of all time and it took a while for me to move on after it ended. Now Dex is my fave and I'm just not ready for it to end!
post #15 of 173
I'm so excited too!! I was hoping that the season finale was a dream sequence. It will be so weird not having Rita around.
post #16 of 173
I finished watching Season 4 late Friday night. It's Sunday and I'm still disturbed by the image of the baby sitting in the blood.
post #17 of 173
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
I finished watching Season 4 late Friday night. It's Sunday and I'm still disturbed by the image of the baby sitting in the blood.
THIS. THIS. THISSSSSSSSSSS.

ANd I just watched the trailor finally, and I gotta say, I might have a hard time watching any of the new season. If I were childess, it might not be so bad, but seriosly, since Ive become a mother, so much about what I can stand in the way of fiction or reality has changed. Im distrubed by the silliest things. THAT IMAGE was burned into my brain and I didnt heal for alteast a week. I almost slept on the floor of Charlies room at the time, with the Matthew in a nice little nest next to Charlies crib. I was THAT disturbed. It took all the energy I had to block out that image and try to fill my head with wonderful images.

The trailor was so full of the children being heartbroken or purley innocent and cluelless of now being motherless. The image of him holding the baby up, still covered in his mothers blood. I almost yacked on the computer screen.

I will try watching it, but it might be out of some perverse respect and loyalty for a show I began watching BEFORE i had children.
post #18 of 173
I have to agree with you, Gina. I am so sensitive to all sorts of content now ("Gone, Baby, Gone" just wrecked me) where I wasn't before the girls arrived. Can't wait for the new season of Dexter, but will be avoiding that preview.
post #19 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
THIS. THIS. THISSSSSSSSSSS.

ANd I just watched the trailor finally, and I gotta say, I might have a hard time watching any of the new season. If I were childess, it might not be so bad, but seriosly, since Ive become a mother, so much about what I can stand in the way of fiction or reality has changed. Im distrubed by the silliest things. THAT IMAGE was burned into my brain and I didnt heal for alteast a week. I almost slept on the floor of Charlies room at the time, with the Matthew in a nice little nest next to Charlies crib. I was THAT disturbed. It took all the energy I had to block out that image and try to fill my head with wonderful images.

The trailor was so full of the children being heartbroken or purley innocent and cluelless of now being motherless. The image of him holding the baby up, still covered in his mothers blood. I almost yacked on the computer screen.

I will try watching it, but it might be out of some perverse respect and loyalty for a show I began watching BEFORE i had children.
I told DH that I would have to leave the room if they kept showing clips of Harrison crying for his Mommy. I can't handle that.
post #20 of 173
Thread Starter 
I was JUST having a discussion with my co worker ( who incidentally was listening to the soundtrack for The Road, and we began talking about how I will NEVER watch that because of my inability to seperate fact from fiction) and I was starting to tell him how I might not be able to watch on of my favorite shows this season for this very reason. I started to ATTEMPT to describe the final scene of last season. To my embarrassment, I couldnt even do THAT!?!?!?! My eyes welled up and my throat got a big old lump in it. GOD im pathetic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television