OP, I live in Dallas. Both of my girls are in school, and we don't do vaccines. All you have to do is file an exemption; it's easy to do!
1) Request an exemption here: https://webds.dshs.state.tx.us/immco/affidavit.shtm
2) Fill the form out, click submit.
3) You will receive your official vaccine exemption in the mail within a couple of weeks. (I got mine in about 4 days if I remember correctly!)
4) Go have the exemption notarized.
5) Turn this exemption in in place of, or in supplementation to, shot records. It might help to print this out and turn it in too, so that the law is clear: http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/...=1&ch=97&rl=62
Oh, and OP, I operate this new facebook group, in case you're on fb and are interested in keeping an eye out for chicken pox in TX! http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...8523998&ref=ts