Cate arrived on Wed, 8/18 after my doc appt to check if she were breech and discuss a version. This was a new doc for me and she really didn't want to do the version before she even touched me, advocating instead for a section. She did an ultrasound and Cate was completely breech, so she measured the fluid around her, all the while pushing for the section. Finally, she checks me internally and got a weird look on her face. Apparently, I was in labor, 3 cms dilated and 50% effaced. When I stood up, bloody show went everywhere, so I called my wife and met her at home to pack. When we got to the hospital the doc on call was waiting for me and they got me into triage to prep me for the section. No one here was willing to deliver her breech or turn her with me in labor. By this point, I am almost 4 cms and fully dilated. Had I not been flat on my back trying to keep her IN, I think I would have had her in another hour or two. She was born at 1:55 pm, 7 lbs 3 oz, 19.5 inches long.
post #1 of 25
8/21/10 at 5:32am