or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

8/23 Weekly Chat

post #1 of 77
Thread Starter 
So what's new this week ladies.

I am 7 weeks today. We had an U/S and saw the HB 156bpm. All is good so we got released from the RE today.

Also it rained really hard yesterday and our roof started leaking. it is still raining.
post #2 of 77
All is well here. I am 7 weeks today and, dare I say it?, I've had no real morning sickness... Yet? Lol. I had debilitating ms with both dd and ds (30 months and 15 months). With dd my dr wanted me to be admitted to the hops for fluids because it was so bad, but I objected because our insurance was so bad at the time. I ended up losing 18 lbs in 10 days. Then I finally found a regimine that worked for me and was able to keep down an almost totally liquid diet. I never gain my first + weight until 28 weeks (of course from there I went on to be a cow. Haha. I must've made up for lost time because i gained 40 lbs total from 28-42 weeks. Lol. So you can see why I'm so surprised about avoiding the dreaded ms this time... It's always started by 6 weeks for me... I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm starting to be optimistic! :-) I'm sure I just jinxed it... But I couldn't hold it in any longer!! Lol
post #3 of 77
Good morning! 8w3d here. Heart beat was 150 at our first ultrasound. I'm so amazed that for someone like me who has really low blood pressure and a slow heart rate, that little thing's heart is beating that fast! So cool!

Called in sick from work today--I can hardly stand up I'm so dizzy and nauseous. I need to eat, but I fear I may fall down the stairs if I go for it. ha! I'm sure I'll be fine.

This is my first kid, and my mom's 4th grandchild. Since I moved away from the rest of my family, she sent me a care package with a lot of awesome maternity clothes! What a wonderful mother!!!! I know it'll be quite a while before i need them, but that was so nice of her. They're all totally my style too.

Oh, I have a question: the doctor told me I can continue doing all my normal activities (like backpacking, hiking mountains, etc.) as long as I keep my heart rate less than 85% faster than the maximum heart rate for someone my type..... I guess I assumed I knew what he meant... I thought he said 85 beats faster than my normal heart rate, so I didn't ask for clarification. My husband told me he said 85% faster....... how do I know what normal is? I guess run around and see how fast my heart beats? Has anyone heard anything like this before?
post #4 of 77
6w2d here. Anxiously awaiting my first appt and u/s a week from Thursday. Feeling okay. Not great. Exhausted all the time, dizzy, slightly nauseous and a tad grumpy.
post #5 of 77
7 weeks here and feeling so ill...trying to get up the energy to go in for my second beta blood draw today.
post #6 of 77
7w 3d here. Had an 'unofficial' u/s last week and saw a heartbeat. I've been a little nervous because I'm feeling crampier this time than I remember being with the other 2. But no spotting.

I did a triathlon on Saturday and it felt great. I was glad I did it & felt really good after (ate everything that wasn't nailed down and took a long nap but felt good). About the heart rate thing. I believe he means 85% of your max heart rate. This is a good calculator- http://www.runnersweb.com/running/hr...lator_new.html

Since I am planning on continuing to run throughout the pregnancy I will probably train with a heart rate monitor. My max heart rate when I am running sprints can be 187. I usually run at about 150-170 which is a good range but pregnant I might be running slower and hitting that range that I would if not pregnant. Obviously I won't be doing speed work and sprinting and maxing out my heart rate when pregnant.

Hope that helps.
post #7 of 77
I'm at 9 weeks and I think the worst of the M/S is ovah!!! I ate so many vegetables this last weekend, it was awesome!!! Still have no appetite for all the zucchinis coming out of my garden right now, but I'm hoping the day will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post
So what's new this week ladies.

I am 7 weeks today. We had an U/S and saw the HB 156bpm. All is good so we got released from the RE today.

Also it rained really hard yesterday and our roof started leaking. it is still raining.
Yay!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post
All is well here. I am 7 weeks today and, dare I say it?, I've had no real morning sickness... Yet? Lol. I had debilitating ms with both dd and ds (30 months and 15 months). With dd my dr wanted me to be admitted to the hops for fluids because it was so bad, but I objected because our insurance was so bad at the time. I ended up losing 18 lbs in 10 days. Then I finally found a regimine that worked for me and was able to keep down an almost totally liquid diet. I never gain my first + weight until 28 weeks (of course from there I went on to be a cow. Haha. I must've made up for lost time because i gained 40 lbs total from 28-42 weeks. Lol. So you can see why I'm so surprised about avoiding the dreaded ms this time... It's always started by 6 weeks for me... I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm starting to be optimistic! :-) I'm sure I just jinxed it... But I couldn't hold it in any longer!! Lol
Maybe you got it all out of the way with the first two, here's hoping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieee View Post
Good morning! 8w3d here. Heart beat was 150 at our first ultrasound. I'm so amazed that for someone like me who has really low blood pressure and a slow heart rate, that little thing's heart is beating that fast! So cool!

Called in sick from work today--I can hardly stand up I'm so dizzy and nauseous. I need to eat, but I fear I may fall down the stairs if I go for it. ha! I'm sure I'll be fine.

This is my first kid, and my mom's 4th grandchild. Since I moved away from the rest of my family, she sent me a care package with a lot of awesome maternity clothes! What a wonderful mother!!!! I know it'll be quite a while before i need them, but that was so nice of her. They're all totally my style too.

Oh, I have a question: the doctor told me I can continue doing all my normal activities (like backpacking, hiking mountains, etc.) as long as I keep my heart rate less than 85% faster than the maximum heart rate for someone my type..... I guess I assumed I knew what he meant... I thought he said 85 beats faster than my normal heart rate, so I didn't ask for clarification. My husband told me he said 85% faster....... how do I know what normal is? I guess run around and see how fast my heart beats? Has anyone heard anything like this before?
Yay for a HB! I have never had a doctor advise me on heart rate, is there a reason why he'd be particularly concerned?
post #8 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post

Also it rained really hard yesterday and our roof started leaking. it is still raining.
oooooh i missed the bad bit of news there on the end. yikes!!! i hope you haven't had any damage and that you get a cloud break soon. are you going to be able to get it repaired?
post #9 of 77
I'm 7w2d today and we also had our first (and probably only) u/s last week and saw the heartbeat, which was 129bpm.

I'm still exhausted and extremely nauseous. Have only thrown up once, but feel like I'm going to any second all day long.
post #10 of 77
5w4days and really starting to get stressed about having another hospital birth. There is this really nice birthing center nearby, but they don't take health insurance and it will be something like 50$ a month + 3000 or 3500 for the birth. My insurance offers a one time 20$ copay for all my visits and i think something like a 1500$ for the birth, I am really bummed right now, I have put off making an appt. b/c i can't decide what to do and all my options and such...

I did feel the morning sickness a bit more so today, no vomitting, but i wanted to. I am finding my symptoms a bit more noticible this time around except the tiredness isn't as bad, but the sickness, constipation and achy boobies are worse for sure.
post #11 of 77
I am 7 weeks 2 days. I have been on and off again tired, otherwise doing really well.

Yesterday, I attended the prenatal yoga class I will start co-teaching in two weeks. It is a wonderful group of ladies and I know I will really like teaching it. The students ranged was from 4 weeks to 39 weeks and one 30 week set of twins.
post #12 of 77
8w3d here, I had my first appointment last week and they've moved my EDD (at least for now) to 4/1/11 based on the best guess I could make on my last period. I spent all weekend taking care of a sick DD, and had absolutely no appetite at all. Now that I'm stuck at work, though, I am starving!

I've been having insomnia, and it is even worse because DD has been waking up 2 or 3 times a night. Its been so hard to fall back asleep and then be woken up again right away. I told DH I feel like I'm taking care of a newborn again!
post #13 of 77
I'm 4 weeks, 4 days today. I am having food aversions and my stomach feels sore like I've been doing sit ups (yeah, right!).

Grow babies grow!
post #14 of 77
5w6d. Already puking a little, but mostly just nauseated. DD is already getting tired of Mommy feeling sick all the time. Hopefully this will go better than my pregnancy with her--I was sick until 38 weeks!

And yes, I did just eat pickles, followed by ice cream.
post #15 of 77
5wks1day here. Still super early. I'm feeling really tired, that seemed to hit about 4 days ago. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I'm exhausted. I also feel a bit queasy and blah in the afternoons/evenings. But I know the "real" ms hits me at 6 weeks, so I'm going to really try to enjoy the rest of this week. Today is my youngest dd's birthday. I can't believe she's already 3! It makes me really want to relish every thing about this pregnancy and baby since this will most likely be our last. We're getting ready to start up homeschooling in 2 weeks. Right when I feel my worst. Haha.
post #16 of 77
I'm 7w2d today and feeling so, so tired. Can't sleep well anymore (I normally sleep like a rock) and last night and today I have been feeling more crampy again, so I am scared! I know it can be normal, and I was feeling pretty crampy around 5 and 6 weeks, but it had gotten better and now is back. I hope that's normal? I have the all-day-and-night nausea too, fun times
post #17 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
I'm 7w2d today and feeling so, so tired. Can't sleep well anymore (I normally sleep like a rock) and last night and today I have been feeling more crampy again, so I am scared! I know it can be normal, and I was feeling pretty crampy around 5 and 6 weeks, but it had gotten better and now is back. I hope that's normal? I have the all-day-and-night nausea too, fun times
me, too. I was really crampy and then it got better and yesterday (7w2d) it was really bad. but today- all better. I'm going to say that since we both have the same thing....must be normal- must be a lot of growing going on.
post #18 of 77
6w2d here!

I got SO sick over the weekend. I had a little bit of nagging nausea last week, but it hit HARD over the weekend and I spent most of yesterday whining on the couch. It was much worse than anything I had with DD, and I was in tears, telling DH that I couldn't handle weeks and weeks of throwing up.

It's better today, but I'm still feeling really nauseous. Really minty chewing gum is helping a little.

I feel bad because I normally do all of the cooking, and I'm a stickler about making things from scratch, but I just can't stomach it right now. So it might be convenience foods from Trader Joe's for a while. I need to comb through my crockpot recipes, because it might help me to get things going first thing in the morning before I start feeling yucky.
post #19 of 77
I'm 8 weeks today! I'm not feeling too bad, just having nausea on and off. It's worst at night for me. My next U/S is next Wednesday and I can't wait!

I ordered a doppler last night and I'm so excited to get it. I know I probably won't be able to hear anything for a couple more weeks though.
post #20 of 77
I'm 8w4d today, exhausted and counting down the days until the first trimester is over. Initially, I was so excited to be pregnant, but this part isn't so much fun.

The food aversions vs food cravings is irritating! I'm in the middle because most of the time I just cannot decide what to eat. You know when you're really hungry, but nauseous, and know that eating will make you feel better, yet the thought of eating makes you want to hurl.

The other thing that's been a bit concerning is that I started to spot on Friday. It's brown, very minimal, but has been on and off over the weekend. That's kind of freaking me out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2011