I basically only saw the CNM/OB group I was with until 20 weeks, then a brief discussion with the OB last week (34 weeks) where she tried to get me to consent to a cesarean and then since I was "non complient" & refused she discharged me from their care. Anyhow we've been planning to UC all along, but kinda wanted the "shadow care" in case we needed to transfer. Here are my feelings as of now, baby is still moving A LOT at 35 weeks, eventhough the nurse found the heartbeat low last week I'm not totally sure that he is head down & with how he has been moving & where I'm feeling kicks, jabs etc... not too sure he might even be transverse. With my other 2 children it was easier for me to feel their position however this time around I have since lost over 100lbs & have a lot of loose skin that gets in the way & its been a lot harder to feel what is what. Our last ultrasound was at 15 weeks & we are contemplating paying OOP to have one final one basically to check his position & where the placenta is, kwim. My wonder is should I have it done at 36 weeks or wait until 38? My only concern there is that I'd go into labor before 38 weeks if we wait. I trust my body, am not afraid of birth, etc... I just have a strong feeling he might be transverse & that is my instinct. My 1st baby was transverse & didn't go head down until after 36 weeks so I'm not sure if I should just wait it out or what. What would you suggest? (& please no anti u/s doppler comments) I am comfortable with very limited use of both.
post #1 of 6
8/25/10 at 3:33pm