Wow, I thought that craving lemonade was something unusual to me! Must just be a pregnancy thing. Cool! I'm drinking a lot of club soda with a splash of lemon juice in it, right now. Feels like a cocktail...
Other drinks I like a lot when I'm pregnant:
- Milk (a weird craving, especially because I was almost vegan when I got pregnant with DD) -- warm milk mixed with honey was the ONLY thing that could calm my heartburn in later pregnancy.
- juice (cut with sparkling water)
- Beer (I crave Corona like there's no tomorrow... so occasionally I drink a third of one and give the rest to DH.
- decaf coffee (at least before the heartburn kicks in)
- Red raspberry leaf tea!!!! It's SO good for toning your uterus and preparing you for labor. I brew up a big batch of it and keep in in the fridge and drink it on ice (a bit tastier that way). I can't remember right now what the herb mixture was that I made with DD but it was really good. I'll come up with it and post later, if anyone's interested.
Originally Posted by lightheartedmom
I'm thinking of doing something with ginger...maybe making my own ginger ale-ish brew...not sure how I'll do that yet.
Get a large piece of ginger (like 3-4 square inches), wash it well and slice it thinly. Then simmer it in about 4-6 quarts of water with 1 cup sugar for about half an hour. You might have to simmer longer to get to the right strength for you; the longer you leave it, the stronger it is. You can even put it in the crock pot overnight. I really like doing this with ginger that's starting to get a little hard from sitting around too long. I put this in the fridge and mixed it with water or raspberry leaf tea. Great for morning sickness!