I had mine stripped with my son at 41+3, and while I did go into labor, the stripping lead his head to turn acynclitic, which moved us from crampy braxton hicks contractions periodically that got us to 4 cm (then the strip) to active labor contractions for 27 hrs that only got us to 6cm, and then a transfer, then a CS. So I wouldn't do it.
And while, yes, there are things that won't put you into labor if your body isn't ready, they can sometimes put you into a constant crappy prodromal labor, or a labor that needs more stimulation to keep going.
I'd say don't do it, just wait for BABY to send the signal to your body to get things going when he/she is ready.
I know this sounds really really bummish, but yeah, pregnancy is really crappy and uncomfortable at the end, but it's worth it to have a normal labor flow and birth, and at a time where you know baby has decided to come when they are truly ready. We turned 40 weeks today, and I know how it is to want baby out asap, but I wish someone would have told me the risk of going through what I went through before we chose it, as we wouldn't have chose it and could possibly not be in the crappy VBAC situation we are in now.
Hang in there mama! Ask for a shoulder massage instead if you are getting anxious, or go get a prenatal massage.