Hiya, lovelies! Just checking in. painefaria
- YIPPEEEEEE!!! Big congrats and tons of sticky vibes!abeecharmer
- Yay for wiggly babies and thanks for the good thoughts. burg
- thinking of you and hoping the u/s goes well, and that there's a clear view of the face.quasar
- 36 weeks!!? Wow, time really DOES fly for all of us, doesn't it?? I hope you're right about head-down, and I'm also hoping he'll bake a little bit longer (since it seems that's what you'd like, too!).
Almost full-term, yay!Mistral
- You're cute.
How are you feeling these days?? Not long for you, either!!LibraryLady
- I'm glad it seems you connected well with your midwife! Very important. Monarchgrrl
- Yay! Head down! I knew it.
Awesome news to read. Doesn't it give you some peace of mind?? It certainly did for me.Papa
- anything new to report? Hope you're feeling well.AFM
- I can't believe I'm only 5 short days away from my due date. This is insane to me (as an aside, tomorrow is the due date I was "given" originally... before I convinced everyone I knew with 99.9% certainty when I conceived. Lol!). I'm heading in to the office tomorrow and Friday, and then I'm done commuting! I'll still work from home Monday - Wednesday next week if she doesn't come sooner, but things really are starting to wrap up for me... for the next 3 months! It's sorta hard for me to wrap my brain around; I'm going to have a WHOLE NEW JOB to learn! Eeeep! So excited, though.
I had my 39 week appointment on Monday; I actually met with my midwife's supervising OB instead of my midwife (she's on vacation this week... however, she's still in town, so she reassured me she'd still be at the birth if it happened this week).
The OB was really great; I'd be pretty comfortable with her participating in my birthing if that's what had to happen for whatever reason. I gave in and got checked... curiosity got the better of me! And... NADA!!!!
I know it doesn't mean anything, but it's hard not to get at least a LITTLE discouraged when you're declared "tight as a drum" and the OB can't even "find the baby's head in the pelvis." Oh well, as Hypnobabies insists, "babies are born on their birthdays, not when doctors decide." I know she'll come exactly when she's ready.
Other than super swollen feet (all of a sudden, out of nowhere) and being pretty darn uncomfortable, there's not much else to report. I'm still sleeping really well (considering) in the recliner; most nights I get at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I know I am super lucky.
I credit my comfy recliner.
Speaking of which, I wanted to share the final nursery reveal
! We're super happy with it, and I'm really excited about how everything came together. I'm also somewhat jealous that our daughter's room is cooler than ours.