or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › The September "Whatever" Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The September "Whatever" Thread - Page 8

post #141 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Your temps don't look that different from last cycle to me. Your first 4 post-O temps last cycle ranged from 97.1-97.3, pretty much the same as your last 4 temps. I don't think your thermal shift is all that ambiguous. Yeah, there's a slight chance you didn't O when FF says but if you use the ROT to ignore your cd13 temp, the thermal shift is clear.


MMD ~ Here's to being hopeful!
Hmm I guess you are right. I don't know, I guess because my temps used to be so much higher (97's pre o and 98's post o) I'm feeling like they are really low now. Can breastfeeding affect that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Just a quick one for such a pretty chart.

Prettiness Here

Trying not to get my hopes up. Telling myself that timing doesn't guarantee anything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
What a beauty!

I know. I'm telling myself the same darn thing. But I'm still hopeful b/c why not? LOL! What am I going to be, all pessimistic? That's just not in my personality!

Interesting tidbit - I blew my nose today and it was a bit bloody. That never happens unless I'm in the throes of a cold or pg. Of course, it could be anything. I've been doing the ACV and my friend told me it's a blood thinner (?) so I'm not sure. It's fun to speculate though!

Oh, and I temped again this am just in case my temps were high from the UTI and still up. So I'm good. I'm DONE TEMPING!!

MMD - Good luck! Fingers crossed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
hehe

And, afm, I am totally convinced that I am pg today. What do you all know about CP during the lp when pg and when not? Any thoughts or opinions or info you've read?
I know nothing about CP at all. I'm one of those that's too squemish to check. I do know that CM changes while pregnant. I've had my share of that!
post #142 of 437
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Can breastfeeding affect that?

I know nothing about CP at all. I'm one of those that's too squemish to check. I do know that CM changes while pregnant. I've had my share of that!
I don't know if breastfeeding can make temps lower. I didn't notice that happen with me.

CF is supposed to be creamy and CP is supposed to be HSC when pg but that's after several weeks. Scientifically, that info doesn't apply to the lp. However, I have read a lot of anecdotal info to really make me wonder. CF means nothing for me at this point since I'm using progesterone suppositories.
post #143 of 437
Thread Starter 
Let me rephrase my question. Should the CP stay LFC for the majority of the lp only changing to more HSO close to when is due? Or is it normal for the CP to change to HSC during the lp?
post #144 of 437
No idea.

I'm SOOOO bloated. Ugh. I LOOK pg even if I'm not. Sucks.
post #145 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I don't know if breastfeeding can make temps lower. I didn't notice that happen with me.

CF is supposed to be creamy and CP is supposed to be HSC when pg but that's after several weeks. Scientifically, that info doesn't apply to the lp. However, I have read a lot of anecdotal info to really make me wonder. CF means nothing for me at this point since I'm using progesterone suppositories.
Well, I don't believe the "scientific" evidence. I always implant way earlier than they say you're supposed to be able to. I also start having certain symptoms very early on. Even before the first positive test at 9dpo. CF was one of those...it usually goes to yellow creamy. ((sorry tmi))
post #146 of 437
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Well, I don't believe the "scientific" evidence.
Yeah, there is more to life than scientific evidence. Most scientific inquiries are inspired by anecdotal evidence. There used to a signs comparison on FF. You could plug in certain signs or symptoms at various dpo and get a percentage comparison of how often they occur on ovulatory vs. pregnancy vs. miscarriage charts. That's semi-scientific.
post #147 of 437
Keep talking guys... lol My CF has been fairly thick (and getting thicker) creamy, and yes, a tad yellowish perhaps. My CP today is VERY almost unreachable high, definately closed, and firm.

I'm noticing a bit of constipation today. Probably totally unrelated, but heck I could sneeze right now and I'm going to find a way to make it into a sign

Oh, and the bloating-- I hear you. My tummy is just ALWAYS bloated, and it makes me self conscious, like people are going to think I'm pregnant even if I'm not.

It's funny about the CP... I know that fertile is supposed to be HSO, but it seems like mine is higher just after ovulation... I think it might be just the positional changes I find? I'm not sure. So confusing. I'm still learning about CP, and since I don't check everyday, it's hard to compare.
post #148 of 437
Thread Starter 
I don't usually notice any bloating but I sure did yesterday. My stomach looked huge.

It took me years to learn my CP. That was the hardest for me. I had to check every day consistently for 2-3 cycles (which were looooooooooong back then) before I figured it out. I really needed to be able to notice the change before I could even begin to try to name it.

I want to give a little plug (update) about my 19yo ds after ranting about him a couple of weeks ago. If you remember, he messed up his car and had no money so I had to pay to have it fixed. Turned out his car had 2 alarm systems and when he disconnected the battery he tripped one of them so it would not allow the car to start. The aftermarket system was removed and it works fine (after a new battery because the old one got completely drained). As soon as he got paid again the first thing he did was pay me back for everything. Now he just needs to learn that it's better to make sure he has the money to cover things like that beforehand.

I also wanted to mention something else. A while back we discussed potty training and my lack thereof. I just wanted to report that my 3 year and 3 month old has started going in the toilet a lot lately completely by himself even with a trainer on. We were out shopping the other day and he told his dad that he had to go potty. At home he runs to the bathroom himself to go. No prompting or training involved.
post #149 of 437
MW - those are fantastic updates! Glad to hear you older son's car is working and he acted responsibly when he got paid. And potty training is always good! (and sounds like it was stressfree!)

JJ - My cervix seems a little higher after O too, but like you I don't always check nor do I record it. It's one of those things that is so open to interpretation that I can't be bothered. I mean, I can tell when it's low vs high, and firm vs soft, but I can't see a pattern with any of it, lol. Though, it doesn't stop me at the end of pg trying to see if I'm dilating or not! I remember checking towards the end and my mw was floored that I knew I was about a fingertip dilated, lol.

Anyway, I've been looking around for a new midwife (for another homebirth) and have bookmarked a few. I just hope I find one I like and feel at ease. I'm still nervous about doing it again, even though I've done it before.

And I'm so. bloated. Even DH was like, "Whoa, what's going on w/you?" I think it might be b/c I've been chugging water to clear out this infection, but who knows?? Wouldn't that make me look/feel super skinny by flushing out a ton of crap?

This was my first morning not temping. Last night I purposely put my therm away in my top drawer so I wouldn't even be tempted! Good thing I did that, b/c when I woke up I had that urge and I had to think -- No! Not temping! And since I would have had to get up to get it, it wasn't an option! LOL! I feel so FREE!! I totally would have done it if I'd left it by my bed, "just to see" what was going on, lol.
post #150 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I don't know if breastfeeding can make temps lower. I didn't notice that happen with me.
I noticed it. Not sure how common it is or if it's "supposed" to happen, but my temps were way lower when my cycles first came back and definitely rose as I cut back on breastfeeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
This was my first morning not temping. Last night I purposely put my therm away in my top drawer so I wouldn't even be tempted! Good thing I did that, b/c when I woke up I had that urge and I had to think -- No! Not temping! And since I would have had to get up to get it, it wasn't an option! LOL! I feel so FREE!! I totally would have done it if I'd left it by my bed, "just to see" what was going on, lol.
I was totally thinking you'd give in. LOL way to go!

MW, awesome updates on both your sons!

I'm in the running this month ladies! DTD last night. Here's my chart.
post #151 of 437
Thread Starter 
Woot, woot, Mel!

I just watched 2 amazing news videos. One was about how a doctor used laser surgery to separate blood vessels that were being shared by twins in the womb that was causing harm to both. There was a 90-95% chance both twins would die if left as they were. With the surgery both survived and are healthy little boys now.

The other was about a woman who gave birth to twins more than a week apart. Her water broke and she went into labor at 23w. The first baby was born and lived less than a day. Her labor stopped after that baby was born so the docs recommended she do nothing because the longer the other baby could stay in the womb the better her chances were. That baby survived. Amazing!
post #152 of 437
CD15. I go for my post-m/c midwife appointment in about 2 hours. I'm wondering how fertile I am. 2 nights ago when we dtd, I was moist, but CF was clear, not sticky/stretchy or any of that. The last 2 days have been fairly dry. Does that mean anything? Hmm. I'm interested in how my appointment will go and what my hcg levels are at. Hopefully, below 5.
post #153 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
MW - those are fantastic updates! Glad to hear you older son's car is working and he acted responsibly when he got paid. And potty training is always good! (and sounds like it was stressfree!)

JJ - My cervix seems a little higher after O too, but like you I don't always check nor do I record it. It's one of those things that is so open to interpretation that I can't be bothered. I mean, I can tell when it's low vs high, and firm vs soft, but I can't see a pattern with any of it, lol. Though, it doesn't stop me at the end of pg trying to see if I'm dilating or not! I remember checking towards the end and my mw was floored that I knew I was about a fingertip dilated, lol.

Anyway, I've been looking around for a new midwife (for another homebirth) and have bookmarked a few. I just hope I find one I like and feel at ease. I'm still nervous about doing it again, even though I've done it before.

And I'm so. bloated. Even DH was like, "Whoa, what's going on w/you?" I think it might be b/c I've been chugging water to clear out this infection, but who knows?? Wouldn't that make me look/feel super skinny by flushing out a ton of crap?
Those ARE fantastic updates. In my head (and of course this is coming from not having had kids yet) I'm interested in some form of early PL'ing/elimination communication... but we'll see what happens once I'm actually there. I know the reality is often different once you get there.

I haven't found -anything- that helps my bloating, and really it's driving me nuts. I'm talking like months this has been like this. I tried cutting out a few different foods, but nothing really seems to help *shrugs*

Re: Midwives... because of where I am, they're publicly funded. Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic, except that there's not enough of them. So literally I will put a call into a midwife immediately after telling my husband. And from there I don't have a ton of choice as to who I get, it's mostly availability. That said- I have a list of my top 4 or 5 that I'd prefer (there's about 25 I think). It's very nervewracking to me that we could NOT get a midwife. I think I would go unassisted rather than the hospital.

Yay BFS!
post #154 of 437
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I'm interested in some form of early PL'ing/elimination communication
Shannon does EC with her kids. If she's still here, maybe she can tell you more about it. I read a little but I'm not good at following schedules and being consistent the way I got the impression you need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I think I would go unassisted rather than the hospital.
Ya know, I've been thinking the same thing recently. Although I liked the midwife I met (once) when I was pg in July/August, there was one thing she said to me that sort of turned me off. Now I'm thinking if I can't find an acceptable OB and hospital within an hour, I may have to do UC.
post #155 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I want to give a little plug (update) about my 19yo ds after ranting about him a couple of weeks ago. If you remember, he messed up his car and had no money so I had to pay to have it fixed. Turned out his car had 2 alarm systems and when he disconnected the battery he tripped one of them so it would not allow the car to start. The aftermarket system was removed and it works fine (after a new battery because the old one got completely drained). As soon as he got paid again the first thing he did was pay me back for everything. Now he just needs to learn that it's better to make sure he has the money to cover things like that beforehand.

I also wanted to mention something else. A while back we discussed potty training and my lack thereof. I just wanted to report that my 3 year and 3 month old has started going in the toilet a lot lately completely by himself even with a trainer on. We were out shopping the other day and he told his dad that he had to go potty. At home he runs to the bathroom himself to go. No prompting or training involved.
Those are both great news! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
I noticed it. Not sure how common it is or if it's "supposed" to happen, but my temps were way lower when my cycles first came back and definitely rose as I cut back on breastfeeding.


I'm in the running this month ladies! DTD last night. Here's my chart.
Good to hear that it's not just me. I'm hoping they'll go up after I stop bfing.

Wow, look at all that eggwhite!!! I'd say you have an excellent chance.

No temp for me this morning. DS2 had a fever yesterday and I used it for him but forgot to sterilize it..so I didn't want to use it. I tried putting it under my arm and was just going to round up a degree, but it said 95.5 (!!) so I didn't even bother.
post #156 of 437
How early can you actually test and get a positive?
I`ve heard its possible from 8-9DPO.
Not sure when I`ll start testing. The three times I`ve been pregnant I`ve always felt that "This time I`M NOT" because I don`t have any symptoms that early. I usually start to feel a few symptoms at about 7 weeks.
Last time I got the positive test 2 days before my period was supposed to start, about 12DPO, and that was my twins.
I`ve ordered some tests that can detect pregnancy with HCG levels 20mIU/mL. Guess I`ll try the first one at 10DPO, I have 5, so..

Crossing my fingers that I have a good chance. It would be a perfect time to have a little one in May/June next year.
Trying to not think about it to much, but the days just don`t seem to pass quick enough to start testing.
post #157 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraPolaris View Post
How early can you actually test and get a positive?
I`ve heard its possible from 8-9DPO.
Not sure when I`ll start testing. The three times I`ve been pregnant I`ve always felt that "This time I`M NOT" because I don`t have any symptoms that early. I usually start to feel a few symptoms at about 7 weeks.
Last time I got the positive test 2 days before my period was supposed to start, about 12DPO, and that was my twins.
I`ve ordered some tests that can detect pregnancy with HCG levels 20mIU/mL. Guess I`ll try the first one at 10DPO, I have 5, so..

Crossing my fingers that I have a good chance. It would be a perfect time to have a little one in May/June next year.
Trying to not think about it to much, but the days just don`t seem to pass quick enough to start testing.

It totally depends. W/my first pg I didn't test until 11dpo. I had a faint pos but it might have shown a day before, I'll never know. I know many ppl start getting bfps really early, but some ppl don't throw a pos until after AF is due. It all depends on so many things.

AFM - I think testing early is overrated! I've burned myself out. 4 cycles of bfns (10 or more bfns per cycle when you start testing at 7dpo) are just too much for me to bear. So, I'm done testing early. I'm waiting til AF is due, or 11 dpo at least. But you're right, time seems to go so slow during the 2ww. Slow as molasses...

I would do the hospital. I waiver b/c hospital w/a midwife or a homebirth. Ugh, I don't know. I just don't know. I've just got a ton of emotional baggage from the last homebirth, but I'm scared of all the hoops I'll have to jump through if I choose a hospital.
post #158 of 437
I think the earliest I've heard was 7dpo, but I would think that's rare. There's a higher number of people that would get it around 10dpo. I think a few weeks ago we were talking about it and said that there's something like a 10% chance of a pos test at 10dpo? But that doesn't fit anecdotally with what I've 'seen'.
post #159 of 437
A quick google search tells me that average HCG at 10dpo is about 25, whereas it is about 50 at 12dpo. Therefore most early tests (which is pretty much eeverything out there now, even the dollar store ones) *should* give you a pos at 10dpo, but much more likely if you wait those extra 2 days. Testing before 10dpo is only likely to be pos if you have higher than average hormone levels.
post #160 of 437
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
It totally depends. <snip> I know many ppl start getting bfps really early, but some ppl don't throw a pos until after AF is due. It all depends on so many things.


I've gotten very early BFPs but that's not the norm. I've gotten BFP on Answer Early, ICs and $ Store hpts with only 12 mIU hcg. Those all list a sensitivity of 20-25 mIU. FF did a study of the charts on their site and determined that the most likely time to get a first BFP was 12.6dpo, so pretty much 13dpo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › The September "Whatever" Thread