I was in the FDA trials. I have had Adiana for 9 years now with no problems.
Related Forum Threads
- Third Hand Smoke in Cars Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:38pm in Family Safety
- Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - December Last post on 1/1/11 at 12:43am in Family Planning
- Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - November Last post on 12/1/10 at 1:16am in Family Planning
- Pain/tenderness on back of head near bottom of skull Last post on 10/2/13 at 11:36pm in Women's Health
- Junk Food Cravings - Grrrrr Last post on Today at 2:56 pm in Women's Health
Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
- Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural Addition to my Treatment...Last edited: 12/2/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 10/4/13
Adiana for permanent birth control? - Page 3post #42 of 458/9/12 at 10:08am
I had the Adiana procedure done in December 2011, They make you wait 3 months and then you need to get a HSG, which is basically dye inserted in your tubes to make sure they are closed, I went on the 3rd month to have the HSG done only to find out that 1 of of my tubes were still open. This is not common but however it did happen to me. I went back 3 months later (Dr.'s Orders) and had another HSG (August 2012) done, to find out again that only one of my tubes were blocked. I am now working with my Doctor to discuss other options. I do not recommend this procedure to anyone. Also my aunt works at an OBGYN in Chicago and the Doctor there completely pulled this product from their shelves. If you are looking for a permanent birth control I would recommend the old fashioned way. Get them tied!post #43 of 4511/9/12 at 8:40am
I had the Adiana procedure done 2 years ago in my doctors office, it was great.. I was afraid to have a tubaligation so I opted for this. I had no issues at all, no cramping, no bleeding. I felt great. I waited about 4-5 months to go to make sure my tubes were blocked so all is good and 2 years later, no problems. I would totally recommend this to anyone. My hubby was thrilled when vascectemy was mentioned....post #44 of 4511/12/12 at 1:28pm
I realize this is an old thread, but I wanted to share my current story to add my experiences to that of others.
I received the Adiana procedure in late 2010 (Nov/Dec) right after my 4th child was born. The doc gave me a Vicodin to take ahead of time which was NOTHING compared to the pain of having the cauterizing tool inserted at a wrong angle, then having that redone, and then having both of my fallopian tubes BRANDED. I was in horrible pain during and after the procedure and did bleed quite a bit. Oh and the pharmaceutical rep was in the room for the procedure and directed the doctor through the whole thing. This made me extremely uncomfortable at the time, but I figured he needed the help since I was his first Adiana patient.
The "HSG" or 3-month follow up procedure was nearly as bad but the doctor did confirm that the tubes were both blocked.
Fast forward to this past week and I just learned that I am SIX MONTHS pregnant. I am hoping I can get an ultrasound this week to find out the gender of the baby and make sure s/he is OK. I am assuming that the baby is in my uterus because I am starting to show and I feel fetal movement, and feeling around, the baby does seem to be in the right spot. Plus, I heard that ectopic pregnancies will normally burst the tube at 8 or 9 weeks and I haven't had any pain like that or medical emergencies.
I am looking into whether there is any legal recourse for me - not simply because the procedure failed (unless of course it wasn't done right) but also because pharmaceutical rep directed the whole thing. And by that, I mean she literally told him every step and he did it, and she corrected him when he inserted the tool crooked in my tube and I cried out in pain and made him re-do it. He asked her questions and followed all her directions. Isn't that practicing medicine without a license? I don't know for sure, but I'm certainly contacting an attorney who will look into it.
I'm glad Adiana has been discontinued, especially after reading about all the other families who have gotten pregnant after the procedure (and my heart goes out to those whose pregnancies resulted in the loss of their new baby). I got the procedure because any more pregnancies could be a serious threat to MY health, and though the Lord has blessed me to have an easy and safe pregnancy thus far (well as far as I can tell, not having received ANY prenatal care) but there are some who could not afford the subsequent pregnancy - their lives literally ride upon being able to trust that a sterilization measure worked.
We are excited to welcome our new baby in just 3 months and we're dying to find out the gender (which will be at the first ultrasound, haha!). We are scrambling to see if we can get ANY insurance... and all my pregnancies are high risk, so this could be tens of thousands on up if we cannot. A previous baby had a heart condition and we have to be sure that this baby is healthy and safe - I'm going nuts not knowing! Not to mention that we now have another soul to put through college... it is not right for anyone to take that decision away from me after my husband and I carefully and thoughtfully decided to stop after 4 kids. Don't get me wrong - we are thrilled that the baby is coming - but that was for US to decide. Nevertheless, God is good, he has a plan for us... and for our sneaky skydiving ninja angel baby, who will be loved to pieces forever.post #45 of 451/17/13 at 6:17pm
I don't recommend the procedure at all. I had mine done in Oct 2011 and just learned this week that I am pregnant. I very upset as I followed everything I was told I had to do and now I'm pregnant. My boyfriend and I made the decision not to have additional kids and I was told by my doctor how great this procedure was. Its really frustrating because I'm lost now and not sure where to turn...I had the procedure to prevent having to make a decision like this. Waiting on an attorney to call me back...others told me there's nothing that can be done as there was a risk of becoming pregnant and unless something happens to the baby there is nothing they can do. If any one has any advise please let me know.
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your Pediatrician
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting October, November & December 2013! 19 minutes ago
- › Ever feel stuck? 30 minutes ago
- › Jokes and Cartoons 33 minutes ago
- › I think I am avoiding homework :lol: Is it possible to avoid... 37 minutes ago
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 39 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 42 minutes ago
- › December Unschooling Thread 43 minutes ago
- › Need globe recommendation 46 minutes ago
- › Anyone Want to Rant or Rave About the Holidays? 47 minutes ago
- › mom of 8 49 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo