- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by System, 12/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- Have you ever sneezed or coughed and farted simultaneously? Last post on 11/25/13 at 1:11pm in I'm Pregnant
- What's hot in menstrual cups these days? Last post on 11/17/13 at 8:12pm in Natural Body Care
- Diva Cup - I must be doing something wrong. Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 am in Natural Body Care
- Essential Oil Brands? I am so confused... Last post on 10/24/13 at 9:12am in Natural Body Care
- Hand sanitizer/wipes for school Last post on 8/21/13 at 7:02am in Natural Body Care
Does everyone shave their toes? - Page 6
Whenever the mood strikes. I've never noticed whether other women have it. Just, randomly, I noticed it one day and gave it a swipe. I do have a few breast hairs, but they went away while I was pregnant and nursing. When they came back, they came back lighter.
I agree that this thread is hilarious!
I've been plucking my toe hairs since I was very young. And the few that grow on top of my feet.
As previously asked - I do shave my fingers and arms though I'm mostly fair-haired. I have subdermal implants in both forearms that aren't nearly as pretty covered in hair. Before I got them I never shaved arms/hands/fingers.
Shaving my legs used to be this nice, ritualistic thing I did with myself, and shaving all of my toes was a part of it. This started in puberty. During this time, I also shaved my arms occasionally. I would also shave around my nipples if I noticed any hairs. I have also shaved my tummy on occasion, usually after shaving my "treasure trail" & then noticing the regular downy hair then looked out of place! I think my hairs WERE darker then, perhaps because of puberty hormones?
Now, I shave more rarely, and I'd be more inclined to pluck only the hairs on my big toes, but I haven't noticed enough to bother in the last few years. There HAVE been times when it's gotten uncomfortable smushed inside of tighter socks or tights/stockings & I've plucked them (or actually gone at them with nail clippers, if I was uncomfortable & out in public at the time!). It's for the same reason that I trim my pubic area semi-regularly; if I don't, I get the panty-equivalent of "hat hair" & it's very uncomfortable & I spend too much time scratching my mound or combing & brushing my mound whenever I pull my underwear down (I call it "panty p***y" (to match the aliteration of "hat hair") but DH thinks that sounds like some horrible disease)! Plus, it ends up looking weird & not all going in the right direction, even if I try combing it before putting my underwear on after I shower; even if I blowdry it *blush* after a shower. Trimming is easier than all that mess!
I do regularly pluck the dark & coarse hairs from my "treasure trail" & around my nipples. I have also been horrified to learn that your nipple hair (can?) turns grey! I have 2 grey hairs in my pubic (almost wrote "public" there - hahaha!) region, on the mons, and I have 1 grey hair (so far *sigh*) on my left nipple area. While I have no trouble picturing myself with grey head hairs later in life (esp since I have so much already!), I just can't get used to the idea that someday I will apparently have grey pubes!
Oh, no one told me to shave my toes, it was just something I started doing when I was luxuriating in the leg-shaving process as a youngster. :) I really did enjoy REALLY taking my time shaving my ENTIRE leg as a youth. I'd fill the tub a bit after I was mostly showered & have the radio on & spend a good half hour (maybe more?) shaving my legs. *sheesh* I wish I had that kind of time & patience these days!
I read the thread title and thought, "what on earth? like shave the skin off?" I am glad I am not the only one who didn't even know about this! I have seen hair on guy's toes.. but I honestly had no idea that women grew hair on their toes. After I clicked on this I checked.. and I have nothing on my toes, just like that other person said. So most women do have hair on their toes?? I also didn't realize people shaved their arms like on person mentioned. I have to look very very close to even see the hair on my arms.
- › Please help! Oppositional defiance disorder and homeschooling 1 minute ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 10 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 13 minutes ago
- › Welcome! 34 minutes ago
- › December Chat 39 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 41 minutes ago
- › 12 y/o unschooler needs math book suggestions 48 minutes ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 49 minutes ago
- › Welcome! Come introduce yourself! 54 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo