- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by System, 12/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- Question about periods and insulin Last post on 3/14/14 at 7:37pm in Natural Body Care
- At what point do you decide natural remedies aren't working? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:07am in Natural Body Care
- Natural Deodorant - Aluminum free - No Hydrogenated Oils - No Parabens Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:22pm in Natural Body Care
- Supplements for osteoarthritis? Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:26am in Natural Body Care
- Do you wash your face daily? Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in Natural Body Care
Does everyone shave their toes? - Page 6
Whenever the mood strikes. I've never noticed whether other women have it. Just, randomly, I noticed it one day and gave it a swipe. I do have a few breast hairs, but they went away while I was pregnant and nursing. When they came back, they came back lighter.
I agree that this thread is hilarious!
I've been plucking my toe hairs since I was very young. And the few that grow on top of my feet.
As previously asked - I do shave my fingers and arms though I'm mostly fair-haired. I have subdermal implants in both forearms that aren't nearly as pretty covered in hair. Before I got them I never shaved arms/hands/fingers.
Shaving my legs used to be this nice, ritualistic thing I did with myself, and shaving all of my toes was a part of it. This started in puberty. During this time, I also shaved my arms occasionally. I would also shave around my nipples if I noticed any hairs. I have also shaved my tummy on occasion, usually after shaving my "treasure trail" & then noticing the regular downy hair then looked out of place! I think my hairs WERE darker then, perhaps because of puberty hormones?
Now, I shave more rarely, and I'd be more inclined to pluck only the hairs on my big toes, but I haven't noticed enough to bother in the last few years. There HAVE been times when it's gotten uncomfortable smushed inside of tighter socks or tights/stockings & I've plucked them (or actually gone at them with nail clippers, if I was uncomfortable & out in public at the time!). It's for the same reason that I trim my pubic area semi-regularly; if I don't, I get the panty-equivalent of "hat hair" & it's very uncomfortable & I spend too much time scratching my mound or combing & brushing my mound whenever I pull my underwear down (I call it "panty p***y" (to match the aliteration of "hat hair") but DH thinks that sounds like some horrible disease)! Plus, it ends up looking weird & not all going in the right direction, even if I try combing it before putting my underwear on after I shower; even if I blowdry it *blush* after a shower. Trimming is easier than all that mess!
I do regularly pluck the dark & coarse hairs from my "treasure trail" & around my nipples. I have also been horrified to learn that your nipple hair (can?) turns grey! I have 2 grey hairs in my pubic (almost wrote "public" there - hahaha!) region, on the mons, and I have 1 grey hair (so far *sigh*) on my left nipple area. While I have no trouble picturing myself with grey head hairs later in life (esp since I have so much already!), I just can't get used to the idea that someday I will apparently have grey pubes!
Oh, no one told me to shave my toes, it was just something I started doing when I was luxuriating in the leg-shaving process as a youngster. :) I really did enjoy REALLY taking my time shaving my ENTIRE leg as a youth. I'd fill the tub a bit after I was mostly showered & have the radio on & spend a good half hour (maybe more?) shaving my legs. *sheesh* I wish I had that kind of time & patience these days!
I read the thread title and thought, "what on earth? like shave the skin off?" I am glad I am not the only one who didn't even know about this! I have seen hair on guy's toes.. but I honestly had no idea that women grew hair on their toes. After I clicked on this I checked.. and I have nothing on my toes, just like that other person said. So most women do have hair on their toes?? I also didn't realize people shaved their arms like on person mentioned. I have to look very very close to even see the hair on my arms.
- › March Chat! 1 minute ago
- › Introducing solids with nutrient-dense food 6 minutes ago
- › Clueless about how to night wean? 8 minutes ago
- › Eating and guilt/worry 8 minutes ago
- › Sick at 37 weeks :( 9 minutes ago
- › Rocking Back and forth repeatedly 12 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 14 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapers. 14 minutes ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 14 minutes ago
- › PP Period 16 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild