- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by System, 12/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- Healthy Skin benefits of Juice Plus+ for healthy skin Last post on Today at 3:51 pm in Natural Body Care
- Question about periods and insulin Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 pm in Natural Body Care
- At what point do you decide natural remedies aren't working? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:07am in Natural Body Care
- Natural Deodorant - Aluminum free - No Hydrogenated Oils - No Parabens Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:22pm in Natural Body Care
- Supplements for osteoarthritis? Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:26am in Natural Body Care
Does everyone shave their toes? - Page 5
I am a toe shaver, but fall into the coarse/dark/uncomfortable with socks category.
I shave my legs and underarms... Oh and my 'happy trail'... I used to shave my vulva but stopped when I lost sight of it during pregnancy and haven't since (talk about bushwhacking...it looks...overwhelming!)
This thread reminds me of being 11 and 'invited' to join mom in mustache bleaching. I remember dissolving into a fit of giggles with the two of us sitting in the bathroom with goopy white chemical 'stashes on!
I never noticed hair on the tops of my feet or toes until about two years ago (I believe it was the year I turned 30). When I noticed it, it bothered me a bit until I got the bright idea of shaving/plucking. I don't shave it often, it isn't dark hair, it just bugs me a bit so I pluck it or shave if I see anything. I tend to shave lots of stuff, not arms or fingers though.
I was never taught that sort of thing either. I had to figure it out myself.
My DH doesn't care for body hair and he is the most unhairy guy ever. I have more arm hair than he does and I am not a very hairy person.
I just recently stopped shaving my arms. I had been shaving them since I was 14. I was surprised to realize that my arm hair is fine and very light. I remember it being dark and thick. I don't know if it changed or if I overreacted at 14.
I don't consider it revolting or something that HAS to be done.. It is just something I do occassionally.
Although I think if i have fine very light hair i would not even bother with it.
I shave my toes when I think about it or notice that the hair is getting unruly. I do try to do it very carefully and have nicked my toes a time or two over the years. A while back I switched from a conventional plastic women's razor (like a Venus) to an old fashioned steel safety razor. I do find it to be a bit more challenging with the safety razor.
I was made to feel very unattractive in my teen years b/c of my dark body hair. As an adult I realize 1) it's not even that bad and 2) plenty of beautiful women embrace their body hair. But I do still shave my toe and top of foot hair when I shave my legs (more in the summer less in the winter). The sight of my toe-hair makes me cringe. . .I guess still a reaction to the old emotional stuff. I used to tweeze them, but that was painful and caused ingrowns.
When I shave, I shave my toes, my ankles, and the tops of my feet. When I approached 40, the hair stopped growing on my knees! how weird is that? It stops about where knee-high socks would stop.
I used to shave just to right above my knee caps. Never shaved my thighs, but when I was about 15, my younger brother (14) thought it was gross that I didn't.
I do have way more hair than I need at my bikini line, but I despise shaving that area. Years of gymnastics and having to keep it shaved have made me into a swim-boy-shorts loving woman.
Yes, every time I shave my legs, I do.. but only my big toes. Unlike on my other toes, my big toe hairs are pitch black and get really long and coarse for some reason. I also have to pluck a couple black hairs off from around my left nipple every now and then (lol it's only the left!!).. again, because they get very long and are very coarse, too. Those things pop up in random places all the time. I have one that grows on my right arm in the exact same spot every time that I have to pluck at least once a month. By the time I notice it's grown back in, I swear the darn thing is an inch or so long and sticks straight up! The rest of my arm hair is fairly light and short (there's just lots of it).
- › What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? 16 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 21 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 46 minutes ago
- › I hate worrying. 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Breastfeeding and weight gain 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Any other Pregnancy After Loss Mamas? 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Nursing my 2.5 year old who is driving me crazy! And H is telling... 4 hours ago
- › "End mommy wars": What do you think? 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher