- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by System, 12/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- Have you ever sneezed or coughed and farted simultaneously? Last post on 11/25/13 at 1:11pm in I'm Pregnant
- What's hot in menstrual cups these days? Last post on 11/17/13 at 8:12pm in Natural Body Care
- Diva Cup - I must be doing something wrong. Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Natural Body Care
- Essential Oil Brands? I am so confused... Last post on 10/24/13 at 9:12am in Natural Body Care
- Hand sanitizer/wipes for school Last post on 8/21/13 at 7:02am in Natural Body Care
Does everyone shave their toes? - Page 5
I am a toe shaver, but fall into the coarse/dark/uncomfortable with socks category.
I shave my legs and underarms... Oh and my 'happy trail'... I used to shave my vulva but stopped when I lost sight of it during pregnancy and haven't since (talk about bushwhacking...it looks...overwhelming!)
This thread reminds me of being 11 and 'invited' to join mom in mustache bleaching. I remember dissolving into a fit of giggles with the two of us sitting in the bathroom with goopy white chemical 'stashes on!
I never noticed hair on the tops of my feet or toes until about two years ago (I believe it was the year I turned 30). When I noticed it, it bothered me a bit until I got the bright idea of shaving/plucking. I don't shave it often, it isn't dark hair, it just bugs me a bit so I pluck it or shave if I see anything. I tend to shave lots of stuff, not arms or fingers though.
I was never taught that sort of thing either. I had to figure it out myself.
My DH doesn't care for body hair and he is the most unhairy guy ever. I have more arm hair than he does and I am not a very hairy person.
I just recently stopped shaving my arms. I had been shaving them since I was 14. I was surprised to realize that my arm hair is fine and very light. I remember it being dark and thick. I don't know if it changed or if I overreacted at 14.
I don't consider it revolting or something that HAS to be done.. It is just something I do occassionally.
Although I think if i have fine very light hair i would not even bother with it.
I shave my toes when I think about it or notice that the hair is getting unruly. I do try to do it very carefully and have nicked my toes a time or two over the years. A while back I switched from a conventional plastic women's razor (like a Venus) to an old fashioned steel safety razor. I do find it to be a bit more challenging with the safety razor.
I was made to feel very unattractive in my teen years b/c of my dark body hair. As an adult I realize 1) it's not even that bad and 2) plenty of beautiful women embrace their body hair. But I do still shave my toe and top of foot hair when I shave my legs (more in the summer less in the winter). The sight of my toe-hair makes me cringe. . .I guess still a reaction to the old emotional stuff. I used to tweeze them, but that was painful and caused ingrowns.
When I shave, I shave my toes, my ankles, and the tops of my feet. When I approached 40, the hair stopped growing on my knees! how weird is that? It stops about where knee-high socks would stop.
I used to shave just to right above my knee caps. Never shaved my thighs, but when I was about 15, my younger brother (14) thought it was gross that I didn't.
I do have way more hair than I need at my bikini line, but I despise shaving that area. Years of gymnastics and having to keep it shaved have made me into a swim-boy-shorts loving woman.
Yes, every time I shave my legs, I do.. but only my big toes. Unlike on my other toes, my big toe hairs are pitch black and get really long and coarse for some reason. I also have to pluck a couple black hairs off from around my left nipple every now and then (lol it's only the left!!).. again, because they get very long and are very coarse, too. Those things pop up in random places all the time. I have one that grows on my right arm in the exact same spot every time that I have to pluck at least once a month. By the time I notice it's grown back in, I swear the darn thing is an inch or so long and sticks straight up! The rest of my arm hair is fairly light and short (there's just lots of it).
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 1 minute ago
- › Anyone NOT night weaned their older nursling? 3 minutes ago
- › Shameless Cute Baby Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 5 minutes ago
- › December Unschooling Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 7 minutes ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 9 minutes ago
- › But my kids *like* public school. 9 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo