- 6,946 Posts. Joined 2/2007
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryNatural Body Care
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone try Jean's stretch mark cure? Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:07am in Natural Body Care
- How to avoid Emulsifying Wax...anyone have advice on using xanthum gum and sunflower lecithin in... Last post on 5/9/13 at 2:19pm in Natural Body Care
- Garlic Deodorant? :) Last post on 5/15/13 at 6:46pm in Natural Body Care
- Managing toddler curls Last post on 5/15/13 at 12:50am in Natural Body Care
- Homemade Shampoo Last post on 5/14/13 at 4:04pm in Natural Body Care
Does everyone shave their toes? - Page 5
I am a toe shaver, but fall into the coarse/dark/uncomfortable with socks category.
I shave my legs and underarms... Oh and my 'happy trail'... I used to shave my vulva but stopped when I lost sight of it during pregnancy and haven't since (talk about bushwhacking...it looks...overwhelming!)
This thread reminds me of being 11 and 'invited' to join mom in mustache bleaching. I remember dissolving into a fit of giggles with the two of us sitting in the bathroom with goopy white chemical 'stashes on!
I never noticed hair on the tops of my feet or toes until about two years ago (I believe it was the year I turned 30). When I noticed it, it bothered me a bit until I got the bright idea of shaving/plucking. I don't shave it often, it isn't dark hair, it just bugs me a bit so I pluck it or shave if I see anything. I tend to shave lots of stuff, not arms or fingers though.
I was never taught that sort of thing either. I had to figure it out myself.
My DH doesn't care for body hair and he is the most unhairy guy ever. I have more arm hair than he does and I am not a very hairy person.
I just recently stopped shaving my arms. I had been shaving them since I was 14. I was surprised to realize that my arm hair is fine and very light. I remember it being dark and thick. I don't know if it changed or if I overreacted at 14.
I don't consider it revolting or something that HAS to be done.. It is just something I do occassionally.
Although I think if i have fine very light hair i would not even bother with it.
I shave my toes when I think about it or notice that the hair is getting unruly. I do try to do it very carefully and have nicked my toes a time or two over the years. A while back I switched from a conventional plastic women's razor (like a Venus) to an old fashioned steel safety razor. I do find it to be a bit more challenging with the safety razor.
I was made to feel very unattractive in my teen years b/c of my dark body hair. As an adult I realize 1) it's not even that bad and 2) plenty of beautiful women embrace their body hair. But I do still shave my toe and top of foot hair when I shave my legs (more in the summer less in the winter). The sight of my toe-hair makes me cringe. . .I guess still a reaction to the old emotional stuff. I used to tweeze them, but that was painful and caused ingrowns.
When I shave, I shave my toes, my ankles, and the tops of my feet. When I approached 40, the hair stopped growing on my knees! how weird is that? It stops about where knee-high socks would stop.
I used to shave just to right above my knee caps. Never shaved my thighs, but when I was about 15, my younger brother (14) thought it was gross that I didn't.
I do have way more hair than I need at my bikini line, but I despise shaving that area. Years of gymnastics and having to keep it shaved have made me into a swim-boy-shorts loving woman.
I pluck the toe hairs. They are wiry and dark and nasty, otherwise.
Of course, I also shave my arms weekly, pluch my upper lip and nair my backside... my hair removal stance is NOT crunchy.
I do. I have very dark body hair though. My older sister told me this is part of shaving your legs, when I was about 11. She said you start with the toe and work your way up.
I do it out of habit now.
Yes, every time I shave my legs, I do.. but only my big toes. Unlike on my other toes, my big toe hairs are pitch black and get really long and coarse for some reason. I also have to pluck a couple black hairs off from around my left nipple every now and then (lol it's only the left!!).. again, because they get very long and are very coarse, too. Those things pop up in random places all the time. I have one that grows on my right arm in the exact same spot every time that I have to pluck at least once a month. By the time I notice it's grown back in, I swear the darn thing is an inch or so long and sticks straight up! The rest of my arm hair is fairly light and short (there's just lots of it).
- Does everyone shave their toes?
- › Mothball Smelling BM/Low Weight Gain 6 MO 40 seconds ago
- › Names? 53 seconds ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 1 minute ago
- › Starting solids..where am I going? 2 minutes ago
- › babywearing 13 minutes ago
- › Does breastfeeding make travel easier? 20 minutes ago
- › What are you craving? 22 minutes ago
- › Summer Homeschooling? Are you doing any? 27 minutes ago
- › Anyone in providence? 33 minutes ago
- › birth center packing list 38 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo