or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2011 › Think I'm having a miscarriage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Think I'm having a miscarriage - Page 2

post #21 of 36
So relieved to hear that baby's doing well! Will keep you in my prayers.
post #22 of 36
Yay, I'm so happy for you! I hope the babe continues to do well.
post #23 of 36
So glad to hear that. What a scary situation but it sounds like that babe is nice and snug in there- Great news. What great friends you have! Its good to have a good support system!
post #24 of 36
So glad to hear that things are okay!
post #25 of 36
I just knew it!! I am very happy to hear!
post #26 of 36
Whew! So glad to see that everything is okay!
post #27 of 36
Excellent news! That's great! Hooray for a healthy babe in there!
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaki View Post
Well the news is good - baby is alive and well.
post #29 of 36
Yay!! I almost started crying myself when I read that you started crying. Gotta love pregnancy hormones. I'm so glad you got good news.
post #30 of 36
So, so happy it was good news! Did they say what they thought might have caused the bleeding?
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
So, so happy it was good news! Did they say what they thought might have caused the bleeding?
I'm curious, too. So happy for you!
post #32 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkristin View Post
Yay!! I almost started crying myself when I read that you started crying. Gotta love pregnancy hormones. I'm so glad you got good news.
That's so sweet Totally something I would do too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
So, so happy it was good news! Did they say what they thought might have caused the bleeding?
I asked the same thing myself... The ER doc said could be a number of things.... My midwife said the same thing basically... could be a polyp somewhere, SCB, and a couple of other things I don't remember now. I still haven't heard the official report from the ultrasound though. The ER was supposed to be faxing it to my MW. She said she'd call me with results. But I don't even know if the ultrasound will show where it came from. I'd like to know because it would give me some answers, though I'm not too hopeful I'll be getting any.

I'm still having some light bleeding but it's brown and I feel sick as ever today so trying to stay positive. I took my kids to school and then went to bed.
post #33 of 36
Thread Starter 
So I just had a call from my MW. She said she didn't have the results from the Monday ultrasound yet but she got the results from my Friday ultrasound. It showed an implantation bleed - somewhere around the placenta. She said it was related to the placenta implanting.

I don't really understand that all that well but basically she said it was a good cause for the bleeding - ie. there could be a lot worse causes for bleeding than that. She said I'm not at any higher risk of miscarrying because of it.

Does that make sense?
post #34 of 36
An implantation bleed is another way to say subchorionic bleed - basically, you would have had a subchorionic hematoma but it bled out (which is good! you want the pressure off the sac) so it's a SCB. It's basically a slight placental abruption. Think of it like a paper cut. The skin under the paper cut is your uterus, and the flap is your placenta edge. As the sac grows on top of the placenta, it will put more pressure on the edge, like you would put pressure on a paper cut to help it heal. They probably will follow you if you have more bleeding, but one study I found showed that women with vaginal bleeding and no hematoma ended up with half the risk of those with a hematoma and no bleeding.

I would take it easy if you are still bleeding, or if you have any more bleeding episodes, until the bleeding stops again. Also, they say to keep well hydrated because dehydration can cause uterine contractions which can disturb the placenta and make it bleed more. I would also go on pelvic rest until the bleeding stops to not irritate it. I've had SCHs with 4 out of 5 pregnancies so far, so I've done some research on it, and that seems to be the consensus on how to best take care of them.

So all in all, yeah, if you had to have bleeding, you fall into the best category with the most positive prognosis
post #35 of 36
That's SUCH good news!!
post #36 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
An implantation bleed is another way to say subchorionic bleed - basically, you would have had a subchorionic hematoma but it bled out (which is good! you want the pressure off the sac) so it's a SCB. It's basically a slight placental abruption. Think of it like a paper cut. The skin under the paper cut is your uterus, and the flap is your placenta edge. As the sac grows on top of the placenta, it will put more pressure on the edge, like you would put pressure on a paper cut to help it heal. They probably will follow you if you have more bleeding, but one study I found showed that women with vaginal bleeding and no hematoma ended up with half the risk of those with a hematoma and no bleeding.

I would take it easy if you are still bleeding, or if you have any more bleeding episodes, until the bleeding stops again. Also, they say to keep well hydrated because dehydration can cause uterine contractions which can disturb the placenta and make it bleed more. I would also go on pelvic rest until the bleeding stops to not irritate it. I've had SCHs with 4 out of 5 pregnancies so far, so I've done some research on it, and that seems to be the consensus on how to best take care of them.

So all in all, yeah, if you had to have bleeding, you fall into the best category with the most positive prognosis
Thanks Kalamos, that's great information. What do you think the chances of the bleeding stopping and not coming back now are? Or should I expect to have more bleeding? I'm on modified bed rest this week (I still have to take care of my 3 and 6 yr old, though they go to school). I'm drinking lots and def on pelvic bedrest for awhile!

As far as followup goes, my midwife said nothing will change. I have my next MW appt at 12 weeks, then the regular 20 week ultrasound. She said if I have heavy bleeding again I should go to ER. I think I can feel reassured enough with continued MS I know baby is okay for now. Once that wears off (probably around 12-13 weeks based on my pregnancy history), hopefully it won't be too long before I feel movement. I felt movement at 17 weeks with my first pregnancy, at 15 weeks with the second, so maybe 13 weeks this time? Just a guess

Thanks again for your information and advice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2011 › Think I'm having a miscarriage