or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Unvaccinated child regressing into autism?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unvaccinated child regressing into autism? - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollybrat View Post
IF there is a connection between pitocin and autism, it's still not possible at this point to know which is the cause and which is the effct. Does the use of pitocin during labor raise the child's risk of autism? Or is the mother of an autistic fetus more likely to require pitocin? This is an area that needs more study.

OP: Are you asking only about regressive autism in children who are unvaxed or are you interested in congenital autism as well? There are a few unvaxed kids in our autism group, but most of them have congential autism. Actually, most of the kids in our autism group have congential autism whether they were vaxed or not. I know there is one unvaxed child in our group who has regressive autism due to a herpes encephalitis infection in infancy.
You and I both know that pitocin is not used only in labors that require it. It is heavily overused in our health system, especially in the USA. The USA now has 2 factors that may contribute to the autism explosion. They have the highest induction rate/pitocin usage, and the highest vaccination rate in the world. They also have the highest rate of autism. Again the research about pitocin is just in its infancy so I cant say for sure. Since the USA is in the lead for autism rate as far as I know, we have to look at what else they have the highest rate of to get more clues.

Re bold print: So there is some proof that viral infection in infancy can trigger autism? Interesting.
post #22 of 27
congenital autism certainly does not include autism that is a result of encephalopathy from a viral infection. btw - there is no dispute amoung the medical community that vaccines can and do trigger encephalopathy in certain individuals.
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
You and I both know that pitocin is not used only in labors that require it. It is heavily overused in our health system, especially in the USA. The USA now has 2 factors that may contribute to the autism explosion. They have the highest induction rate/pitocin usage, and the highest vaccination rate in the world. They also have the highest rate of autism. Again the research about pitocin is just in its infancy so I cant say for sure. Since the USA is in the lead for autism rate as far as I know, we have to look at what else they have the highest rate of to get more clues.
I've read that the UK has a simlar autism rate to the US, but I don't have the exact data. I don't know what the rate of induction is in the UK. I also don't know the rate of pitocin use as medically needed vs not medically needed. From casual conversation, I know that several of the children in our autism group were the result of high-risk pregnacies and/or deliveries with complications. But I don't ask other Moms if the interventions in their labors were medically necessary. So, my personal belief is that it's too early to know IF there is a connection between pitocin and autism and what that connection may be. I do believe this is a subject that needs more study.

Quote:
Re bold print: So there is some proof that viral infection in infancy can trigger autism? Interesting.
I only know what the mother of this child has told me. Which is that her son had herpes encephalitis as an infant, nearly died from it, and suffered damage to his frontal and temporal lobes. Autism is just one of this sweet little boy's challenges. His case is considered very rare.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post
congenital autism certainly does not include autism that is a result of encephalopathy from a viral infection. btw - there is no dispute amoung the medical community that vaccines can and do trigger encephalopathy in certain individuals.
Yes. That is why I said that most of the unvaxed children in our group have congenital autism and then I meant the case of encephalitis to be a contrast. I'm sorry if the grammatical structure of my post made that unclear.

The OP asked about unvaxed children regressing into autsim, so I wasn't sure if she was interested in cases of congenital autism as well.

Sorry for the confusion.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able View Post
NO. You are jumping to conclusions. That is not what I said. You missed my point, again.

It is called cynicism.
Yikes! I was only asking for clarification. Geez. I see what you're saying now. Thanks for going to the immense trouble of explaining it to me.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
Thats what I am saying. The use of pit during birth is possibly creating autistic patients that need pit later in life because they were desensitized to the effects of oxytocin when pit was used during their birth.
I'd heard it was a hypothesis, but not that the study had been repeated outside of epidemiology in a large enough study. In either case, mine haven't had pit either, they were homebirth either with a midwife or UC.
post #27 of 27
This thread is now closed since it is no longer in keeping with the guidelines for this subforum.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Unvaccinated child regressing into autism?