Anyone else really glad christmas is over? lol It was all fun and wonderful.. but I'm ready to get back to normal now!
My momma always insisted the hosue be clean & relatively decluttered for the start of the new year, so I'm going to spend the next few days doing that. She always said that what you're doing on New Years day was representative of what you'd be doing all year, and I don't want to be cleaning like a maid that day (so I'll do it now lol) Today I am focusing on general cleaning of the living areas and decluttering of the master bedroom. Once I get that done we're going into the garage to load dh's van up with things to donate to charity (dining set, washing machine that has abroken hinge but still works well, GOOD stuff that someone will get plenty of use out of instead of it gathering dust in MY garage!)
Today so far I have:
Folded a load of towels & put away
put clothes on to wash
cycled them into the dryer (its rained almost the entire month of december SIGH, my clothesline feels neglected!)
had breakfast AND coffee
My goals for the day are big, so I'm going to jsut list them all and then I'll try to split them up into sessions after I get them all down!
Bedroom (mine) (this is probably 2x 15min)
* get the mass of winter clothing OFF the floor in the closet and folded/put away (storing them in suitcases since we rarely use those ;)
* organize what needs to be donated or just plain tossed out
* dust all the dresser tops etc
* swiffy floor
*clean sink, shower, toilet & mirror
Kitchen (1x15 with both dh & I working :)
* dishes (dh is doing, I sliced my finger up badly on christmas so he's doing wet jobs)
* wipe benches down
*clear out holiday leftovers that aren't consumed by the end of the day
* cook rice for dinner (fried rice night NOM)
* start putting away christmas for the year
* vacuum the carpet & swiffy the tiles
* clean rat cage (hubby & 6yo job)
* seam mop the kitchen/dining/family room floors
That'll do it for now :D AND I"M OFF!!!