Originally Posted by MamaChef
It is such shit that we get put in this position at the end of our pregnancies, feeling like our world is closing in on our options. There are a million sides to the equation, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt that they want the best for Mama and baby.. ie Nurse sister ( it SUCKS to have medical profession relatives when you are doing something out of the "norm"), Anxious Dr, etc. Have you tried any natural induction methods? What position is babe in?
Eff people who dont even encourage things like nipple stim when you get to this point of doneness..yay for our "body knowing what to do" but sometimes, our mind isnt so sure what crisis to attend to first.. so we have to clear that or override it a little
I think it's best to clear it as much as possible..
This is going to sound ridiculous probably....but bear with me.Can you spend some time clearing things with your husband? Even have a date? Take him out, let him have a couple beers, drive him home.. You relax and have a half glass of red wine and a bath? Do you feel like you would be safe and supported if you went into labor right now? If you dont, then what would that mean for your labor?
Dads go through their own shit with us, but right now he gets to suck it up, stop taking naps when you want to walk and support you.
Hope you go into labor soon, Mama!
Yeah, he ended up waking up and letting me cry everything out while being wonderful
. He really is amazing, and yes, I really truly do feel very supported. We've done all the things I've bolded, including hot baths with us playing yahtzee over the side of the tub. He's very supportive.
I have done the acupuncture, doing chiro, I'm hesitant to do nipple stim as that's what we did with our last birth and my body never kicked in, so we were stuck on the breast pump for upwards of 10 hrs. So I'm trying to avoid that, as I'd rather not labor that way. Same thing with herbs, although, herbs would not be such a difficult thing to keep up in labor, I'm hesitant as I don't know if my body would kick in. So...again, it's a choice of do I do the herbs now and hope my body kicks in and potentially deal with just crappy more prodromal labor stuff, or do I wait a little while till I know my body is really really ready?
After the last 3 nights, I'd much rather wait it out. I'm sure I have GOT to be close, as last night from 130 to 8am we had 4-6 min apart, min long, had to breathe, focus, vocalize, relax, and really concentrate to get through contractions, and then they stopped at 9am. So, I'm wondering if my body is doing it's own physical therapy after being sliced open 2 years ago with our CS. It's 'relearning' the process and toning itself. Or....I'm just a wimp. I don't know, at this point it could be either.
I am in a good mood though.