Ikea has 25% off home delivery until Sunday so I really need to make a decision about this! Please help! Choices are:
The Stornas table in antique stain
- worry it's too rustic, too knotty, too dark
- like that it's chunky, but combined with above, might be too chunky?
The Svalbo table
- worry that it's too light, too blonde, though pics I've seen elsewhere online it doesn't look quite so bland
- wish it was chunkier, esp since wood is light
- safe choice - might not be a table that wows, but is unlikely to be too offensive
- $200 cheaper!
We will also be redoing our kitchen next year but I don't want to wait that long for a new table. The new kitchen will have reasonably plain white cupboards, and likely wood flooring and black granite counter top. Not sure that either table really works great with black granite?
Either one can be sanded down and refinished at some point if we really don't like finish. So maybe chunkier is better because it has better structure to work with later on?
Oh, and the table I really like is this one:
But because we plan on having a chair on each end (and then two along one side, so we don't need to keep pulling the table out for each meal) I decided this table wouldn't work for us since it has the bar going across each end - seems annoying for feet.
Should I flip a coin?! Does anyone have these tables? All opinions greatly appreciated - I'm obsessing over this and just need to make a decision!!