or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Selective & Delayed Vaccination › Deciding on a schedule, moving states partway through
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Deciding on a schedule, moving states partway through

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
When Baby James is born we'll be living in Texas (allows philosophical exemption). I'm *hoping* we find a good pediatrician for the first 2-3 months but we'll be moving to Michigan (also allows philosophical exemption) where I'll have more selection for pediatricians since we won't be living next to a MTF. After James is about a year old we'll be relocating AGAIN but we're not sure where to yet. The places that we're looking at don't offer philosophical exemptions and I'm nervous I may be pressured into 'catching him up' ASAP once we move there. So far I've come up with this schedule:

2 months: Rotavirus, DTap (both on time)
3 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib (delayed one month, vax only visit)
4 months: Rotavirus, DTap (both on time)
5 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib (delayed one month, vax only visit)
6 months: Rotavirus, DTap (both on time)
7 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib (delayed one month, vax only visit)
9 months: Polio (catch-up)
12 months: Polio (catch-up), MMR, Varicella (on time)
-- moving after this point --
15 months: Pneumoccocal, Hib, DTaP (on time)
18 months: Polio, Hep A, Hep B (catch up)
2 years: Hep A, Polio, Hep B (catch up)
2.5 years: Hep B (catch up)

I've already checked and its the right amount of doses and spread far enough apart by the 'official catch up schedule'. What do you think? Assuming I find a vaccine friendly doctor in Michigan I only expect to encounter trouble at the 15 month visit. Once that visit is done I'll be catching them up "as soon as possible".
post #2 of 3
it looks fine. i'd probably delay the hap a and b until later but i don't think it'll hurt to get them that soon.

i'd also skip the varicella entirely.

i wouldn't worry too much about the doctors wanting you to catch up. i've had a little pressure towards that, but more often than not i've had doctors say, "whichever you feel comfortable with." i think it's because they're happy that i'm doing any of them.
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
I'd rather not do varicella either. If I can get the doc to forget about that one I'd rather get it done as late as possible. Since its a school requirement most places and I think they only need one I'd probably wait until about two weeks before school starts unless we're living in a state with philosophical exemption.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Selective & Delayed Vaccination
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Selective & Delayed Vaccination › Deciding on a schedule, moving states partway through