or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › Education › Learning at School › Waldorf › Missing Childhood Magic Blog :(
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Missing Childhood Magic Blog :(

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
Anyone else out there missing Ariella's Childhood Magic blog? I really think her blog could have been a whole book! One that I would buy in an instant and treasure forever!

Does anyone have any suggestions for "Childhood Magic" type blogs as an alternative now that it's gone?

For those of you who don't know what this blog was like, here is a little peek:
http://artfulparent.typepad.com/artf...ood-magic.html
post #2 of 41
YES I miss it it was my favorite blog!
post #3 of 41
Me, too. I did stumble across this one, though and it reminds me of Childhood Magic: earthboysblog.com
post #4 of 41
http://momenttomomentdk.blogspot.com/ is really beautiful, and reminds me of Childhood Magic.
post #5 of 41
I miss it too
I'm especially sad that the tutorials for the star lanterns are gone. I never got a chance to make them, since my LO's are too young at the moment, but I'd bookmarked it for a later date.

Does anybody know why it's no longer available?
post #6 of 41
In an effort to not have the computer screen blaring when my son was around, I printed lots of her tutorials and crafts to keep in a notebook. So if anyone wants one, I can see if I can scan them, or mail you a copy, or something.
Just PM me (though I am 40 weeks preggers and in early (annoying prodromal) labor, so I may be a little behind in getting back to folks for a couple of weeks).

Also, there are so many other nice, inspirational waldorf-ish blogs out there. I also love moment to moment (mentioned above).

The fabulous mamaroots! http://www.mamaroots.com/my_weblog/

My pal Nicole (aka GardenMama) http://gardenmama.typepad.com/my_weblog/

The other fabulous Nicole - http://frontierdreams.blogspot.com/

My pal Joy (who has the best recipes) http://www.anartfamily.com/

and of course soulemama
post #7 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Poppies View Post
I miss it too
I'm especially sad that the tutorials for the star lanterns are gone. I never got a chance to make them, since my LO's are too young at the moment, but I'd bookmarked it for a later date.

Does anybody know why it's no longer available?
I believe she posted that she just didn't want her children to be so "out there" in the public space anymore. I think when she started it, she did not anticipate developing such a large readership. It looks like she is doing it again, but, now, readership is by invitation only.
post #8 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbaby View Post
In an effort to not have the computer screen blaring when my son was around, I printed lots of her tutorials and crafts to keep in a notebook. So if anyone wants one, I can see if I can scan them, or mail you a copy, or something.
Just PM me (though I am 40 weeks preggers and in early (annoying prodromal) labor, so I may be a little behind in getting back to folks for a couple of weeks).

Also, there are so many other nice, inspirational waldorf-ish blogs out there. I also love moment to moment (mentioned above).

The fabulous mamaroots! http://www.mamaroots.com/my_weblog/

My pal Nicole (aka GardenMama) http://gardenmama.typepad.com/my_weblog/

The other fabulous Nicole - http://frontierdreams.blogspot.com/

My pal Joy (who has the best recipes) http://www.anartfamily.com/

and of course soulemama
Thank you so much for the last one! As a WOH Waldorf mama, I find myself in a very different space from most of the other mothers. I will definitely be looking at this one alot. For example, today, there was a post on the group site for my daughter's school announcing the meetings for the Parent Volunteer Organization. Two out of 3 of the upcoming meetings are scheduled during the work day. I had to ask what are the specific goals of the group (no mention of them in the post) so I can determine whether I will want to/need to take time off from work to attend as I suspect I'd like to be involved. Anyway, enough off topic mini rant from me. Thanks again!
post #9 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Thank you so much for the last one! As a WOH Waldorf mama, I find myself in a very different space from most of the other mothers. I will definitely be looking at this one alot. For example, today, there was a post on the group site for my daughter's school announcing the meetings for the Parent Volunteer Organization. Two out of 3 of the upcoming meetings are scheduled during the work day. I had to ask what are the specific goals of the group (no mention of them in the post) so I can determine whether I will want to/need to take time off from work to attend as I suspect I'd like to be involved. Anyway, enough off topic mini rant from me. Thanks again!
I understand, I bow down to all of my friends working outside the home. It's funny, because my friends who do are the craftiest and most creative b/c I think they are better about making good use of their time when they are home with the kidlets. I am always grateful being able to do my work at home in the wee hours.

Joy from that blog is a "real life" friend of mine and such an inspiration. I don't know how she does it all, and always with such grace.

Oh -- and one more place for inspiration is http://rhythmofthehome.com/

and of course the crafty crow! http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/
post #10 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
It looks like she is doing it again, but, now, readership is by invitation only.
Does anyone know how to contact her to get an invite?

I can't wait to check out all of the suggestions for alternatives.

My children were really looking forward to doing the projects on Aurellia's blog. It was so inpiring! I really do think she could just print out her blog and have a great selling book! I wonder how many followers he blog had?
post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
I believe she posted that she just didn't want her children to be so "out there" in the public space anymore. I think when she started it, she did not anticipate developing such a large readership. It looks like she is doing it again, but, now, readership is by invitation only.
I don't believe she put it back up there. I think what she did was just make her entries private.
post #12 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariposaMami View Post
Does anyone know how to contact her to get an invite?

I can't wait to check out all of the suggestions for alternatives.

My children were really looking forward to doing the projects on Aurellia's blog. It was so inpiring! I really do think she could just print out her blog and have a great selling book! I wonder how many followers he blog had?
The last time I visited the site (maybe a week or so ago?), there was a message that it was open by invitation only. Now, I see that even that is gone. So, no ideas here, unfortunately.
post #13 of 41
Many of her craft idea came from other people's blogs (which she always credited where she found them). Then she would try them out and photograph them in her own beautiful way. If you remember a project you liked of hers, try googling it with the word blog and you may find where she sourced it from.

Just an idea!
post #14 of 41
Also, to add to boatbaby's post, there is a yahoo Waldorf crafters group that can be helpful. When the site first went down, I posted there to get the star lantern tutorial and was provided with a link to another blog.
post #15 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Also, to add to boatbaby's post, there is a yahoo Waldorf crafters group that can be helpful. When the site first went down, I posted there to get the star lantern tutorial and was provided with a link to another blog.
Any chance you can share that link here? That's the tutorial that I'm craving!
post #16 of 41
Thread Starter 
Oooh, I started with Moment to Moment. It's great!
post #17 of 41
::sigh:: childhood magic was one of the reasons I was inspired to start blogging in the first place!
she is an amazing woman and mother....I miss her presence in blogland..haha!
I enjoy writing about waldorf "lifestyle" and parenting....it is a creative outlet for me, and I find lots of inspiration and friendship from other likeminded bloggers! i am so grateful!
http://bendingbirches2010.blogspot.com/
post #18 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Any chance you can share that link here? That's the tutorial that I'm craving!
Ask and you shall receive: http://thelothians.blogspot.com/2009...-tutorial.html

Enjoy!
post #19 of 41
I do miss it, too, and I seriously want to know how she got all of her photos to pop like that! Every single one looked like candy, LOVED IT. I remember that she did say that she felt like she was spending too much time on the blog & not enough time in family life. SAD.
post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Waldorf
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › Education › Learning at School › Waldorf › Missing Childhood Magic Blog :(