or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › May 2011 › weekly Chat Thread Oct 11-17
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

weekly Chat Thread Oct 11-17 - Page 2

post #21 of 120
Thread Starter 
I remember last time (at 20 weeks also) throwing up in the parking lot at school while staring at my huge belly and the SeaBands on my wrists which obviously were doing nothing for the nausea and just crying uncontrollably.
post #22 of 120
Excellent news about the MW, Evergreen!

Congrats on the heartbeat, kwilki8

I hate to admit it, nixnc, but sloppy joes sounds SO good right now...

On that note, morning sickness and tiredness seem to be a bit better as of this weekend. I'm 11 w 1 d and I started feeling better with my girls around this time, too. I'm so hoping this is the end of the uckies - my production at work has been abysmal and I also got promoted around week 5 - hoping my boss doesn't regret it

Had a fun anniversary weekend with my hubby - rented a hotel and went out to a fancy dinner. Trying to enjoy the luxury of shipping my girls off to grandmas while I still have the opportunity!
post #23 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
I remember last time (at 20 weeks also) throwing up in the parking lot at school while staring at my huge belly and the SeaBands on my wrists which obviously were doing nothing for the nausea and just crying uncontrollably.

yes, last time i was experiencing 24/7 sickness until 22 weeks! i am so hoping it doesn't go that long this time. i am 7 weeks, today (haven't had my appt yet, so i am going by LMP), so to think i have to last until 12 weeks, much less 22 weeks is disheartening! seabands didn't really work for me either, i'm not really too keen on purchasing them this time either. the adult size is too lose, and the kids size almost cuts my circulation off.
post #24 of 120
Less than 24 hours till my 8 week appointment and u/s. So excited and a little nervous. Just want to see that heartbeat!
post #25 of 120
I am joining in on the complaint about feeling really done with nausea. It's been with me about 6 weeks now and I want it gone. I am SO lucky that I don't actually vomit, but having this feeling in my tummy almost all the time is really doing me in. The weird thing is that it started getting a bit better last week (right around 10 weeks, which is usual for me), I was getting breaks during the day and feeling less worn out. I can handle SOME nausea, just not all day But this weekend it's back with a vengeance. Blech.

Evergreen, that is great news about your midwife! What a relief

I am still waiting to hear back from the midwives here in our community. 7 weeks today since I contacted them. Sigh. I fear something is up...there must be some reason they are so delayed in responding (I know I"m not the only one waiting, I have a friend due around the same time as me). I am getting ready to just make an appointment with my family doc and start the referral process (my doc doesn't do prenatal care, which is why I've been waiting on hearing back about midwifery care), just so I can get in to see someone in the next couple of weeks!!
post #26 of 120
Good luck Brie!!! Let us know how it goes!

Well I kinda feel left off of the ms train lol I haven't had anything but some random nausea and it's not all that bad. I do have a bladder infection though...even though I had no idea.

Got friends coming over for our Magical Monday get together...gonna be sad not having it here anymore after the little one comes.
post #27 of 120
M/S lasted until 20 weeks with DS too. UGH. I hope I get lucky this time and it goes away after the first trimester. If that's the case, I only have a few more weeks.
post #28 of 120
Evergreen - so happy to hear your mw will attend!

Kelly - that little hb is so sweet!!

Camprunner
- I know how you feel with getting behind on work

Seafox - hope you feel better soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you ladies to the North!

MamaChef
- I am looking forward to Thanksgiving too! We are going south to be with family this year and I'm so happy. I haven't had a "family" Thanksgiving in years, but we always did when I was growing up so this is exciting for me. All my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids!

MrsBone - so glad to hear your man is being a sweetie! Mine has really been pampering me, too. I told him I need to get pregnant more often

Me
- feeling really, really tired and cooking smells are bothering me hugely. I'm trying to cut down to focusing mostly on family to keep the routine normal for the kiddos - and let work go somewhat. I can't wait for my energy levels to raise again, though.

DH finally told me we could let the kids know - and I am so happy They are thrilled that a new baby is coming and I love seeing their joy. I think they don't want to wait until "the spring" for a new baby though

DH is doing a step-parent adoption of my big kids and we got through the big hearings last week and paperwork this week, and now we have a tentative date for the adoption ceremony. I am so excited to finally have things moving after months and months of adoption proceedings. The past few weeks have really been a huge emotional thing for me with getting the BFP and all the stuff going on with the adoption hearings. I feel like I'm up and down and just trying to hold it together and remembering all the joy the next several months are bringing us!!!
post #29 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post
M/S lasted until 20 weeks with DS too. UGH. I hope I get lucky this time and it goes away after the first trimester. If that's the case, I only have a few more weeks.
I cannot imagine still having MS at 20 weeks! I'm so sorry mamas. That sounds miserable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
Evergreen - so happy to hear your mw will attend!

Kelly - that little hb is so sweet!!

Camprunner
- I know how you feel with getting behind on work

Seafox - hope you feel better soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you ladies to the North!

MamaChef
- I am looking forward to Thanksgiving too! We are going south to be with family this year and I'm so happy. I haven't had a "family" Thanksgiving in years, but we always did when I was growing up so this is exciting for me. All my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids!

MrsBone - so glad to hear your man is being a sweetie! Mine has really been pampering me, too. I told him I need to get pregnant more often

Me
- feeling really, really tired and cooking smells are bothering me hugely. I'm trying to cut down to focusing mostly on family to keep the routine normal for the kiddos - and let work go somewhat. I can't wait for my energy levels to raise again, though.

DH finally told me we could let the kids know - and I am so happy They are thrilled that a new baby is coming and I love seeing their joy. I think they don't want to wait until "the spring" for a new baby though

DH is doing a step-parent adoption of my big kids and we got through the big hearings last week and paperwork this week, and now we have a tentative date for the adoption ceremony. I am so excited to finally have things moving after months and months of adoption proceedings. The past few weeks have really been a huge emotional thing for me with getting the BFP and all the stuff going on with the adoption hearings. I feel like I'm up and down and just trying to hold it together and remembering all the joy the next several months are bringing us!!!
That's awesome that your DH is adopting your children! That will make them feel really special. I was never adopted by my stepdad, and I just kinda always felt left out. I'm happy your kids won't have that experience.
post #30 of 120
I feel so odd right now. I am about 7 weeks and my big drama last week was canceling the 6 week ultrasound that I didn't feel I needed. I felt so good doing that!. But now I have all these anxieties running around. I'm exhausted peeing constantly etc, but my M/S is much more like it was in my first pg (mild) than it was for the first few weeks of this pg. I am having the same bloating and sharp ligament pain as last time and I am getting bigger. But I have this persistent fear that the baby is gone and I don't know it. I am not sure what is going on with me. I have no MC symptoms. A week and a half ago my anxieties couldn't decide if the baby was gone or twins. But I have trouble envisioning a normal pg for some reason. Feeling really nutty. I'm seeing the MW in a month and hopefully we'll hear the heartbeat then and I will feel less nutty.
post #31 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
what time shoudl i be there for dinner?

post #32 of 120
I slept 15 hours yesterday and last night. Holy Guacamole. I knew I was tired and I knew growing babies could wipe a lady out, but man!

I could go to sleep right now, too. *yawns*

I'm also eating lots of grapefruit. Fresh grapefruit, grapefruit juice, grapefruit mineral water from WF. I can't get enough of that flavor for some reason. Anyone craving grapefruit? Before this week, I think the last time I had grapefruit was 20 years ago!
post #33 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post
I slept 15 hours yesterday and last night. Holy Guacamole. I knew I was tired and I knew growing babies could wipe a lady out, but man!

I could go to sleep right now, too. *yawns*

I'm also eating lots of grapefruit. Fresh grapefruit, grapefruit juice, grapefruit mineral water from WF. I can't get enough of that flavor for some reason. Anyone craving grapefruit? Before this week, I think the last time I had grapefruit was 20 years ago!
I slept about 13 hours last night and am probably averaging about 11-12 easily on other nights.
It's SO strange for me too.... I haven't been much of a napper like I was first pregnancy, just looooong stretches of sleep at night! Well... including the getting up to pee and tossing and turning bits that I'm starting to deal with now!

Not grapefruit for me but clementines! A farmer at our market had gotten some shipped to him from a friend (our market is supposed to be local only, by so many miles but I wasn't about to tell on him) and oh my gosh they were amazing. Now I'm craving them non stop and I don't think it's quite time for them to be hitting the grocery stores yet!. Hoping Farmer Bob will have more at tomorrow's market.

Is anyone else starting to pooch out? I don't mean pop out, that would be cute but actually pooch? I can't hide the thickening around my middle anymore and I pretty much look like I'm sporting a serious beer gut! One of my husband's aunts was able to guess I was pregnant the other night because of it. (I will say though, there are some older family members who have been watching me like a hawk since the m/c, lol) I haven't gained any weight in a couple weeks and I've always had a little pooch but this is nutty.
My husband told me last night it was sexy (I can only imagine because I'm pregnant...) and I appreciate that... but it's soo strange...

just a whole of strangeness going on right now for me! hehe.
post #34 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post
I slept 15 hours yesterday and last night. Holy Guacamole. I knew I was tired and I knew growing babies could wipe a lady out, but man!

I could go to sleep right now, too. *yawns*

I'm also eating lots of grapefruit. Fresh grapefruit, grapefruit juice, grapefruit mineral water from WF. I can't get enough of that flavor for some reason. Anyone craving grapefruit? Before this week, I think the last time I had grapefruit was 20 years ago!
15 hours!!! I am so jealous. I barely get 7 a night, and its interrupted (Z still wakes every 2-3 hours, he's had a bad few weeks w/ teething and sickness) DH and I are seriously thinking about trying to nightwean, since I was able to handle it before, but pregnant, I am just SO TIRED. Every time I nurse him I feel even more drained. So not doing it overnight would be nice. But I'm nervous that it'll be hard and involve a lot of crying he gets pretty frustrated when he is refused the boob!

and I usually do like grapefruit juice, but every now and then, but last pregnancy I drank about a half-gallon every two days. I also kept drinking it postpartum, breastfeeding made me pretty thirsty and it was still really appealing. I stopped when I was actually getting teeth issues from it! But I had some this morning (drank with a straw!) and might get it more often, but try and chase it w/ water a bit more.
post #35 of 120
oh man grapefruit sounds REALLY appealing to me right now. i'll have to pick some up soon! and yes, i definitely have the pooch (and that's what i call it too :P) ...it's kind of embarrassing actually.
post #36 of 120
I definitely have a pooch. I just wish it would start looking liking like a baby bump instead of this weird fat, flabby thing, lol.

I usually sleep about 9-10 hours a night since I became pregnant, and I never take a nap, unless it's on the weekend and DH is home. Since I work from home, nap time for the boys is work time for me.
post #37 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post
oh man grapefruit sounds REALLY appealing to me right now. i'll have to pick some up soon! and yes, i definitely have the pooch (and that's what i call it too :P) ...it's kind of embarrassing actually.
it does feel a bit embarrassing! It shocks the crud out of me every time I pass a mirror, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
I definitely have a pooch. I just wish it would start looking liking like a baby bump instead of this weird fat, flabby thing, lol.

I usually sleep about 9-10 hours a night since I became pregnant, and I never take a nap, unless it's on the weekend and DH is home. Since I work from home, nap time for the boys is work time for me.
I agree... even though I *know* what is causing it, I'm excited for an actual bump to appear at some point! I'm just hoping the bump comes sooner than later now, if I'm going to be at this "beer gut" stage already!
post #38 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post
I'm also eating lots of grapefruit. Fresh grapefruit, grapefruit juice, grapefruit mineral water from WF. I can't get enough of that flavor for some reason. Anyone craving grapefruit? Before this week, I think the last time I had grapefruit was 20 years ago!

Yes - I'm crazy about grapefruit anything right now. I even scented my deodorant with grapefruit oil!
post #39 of 120
Sorry I haven't been active in the weekly chat thread for a while. This has been quite possibly the worst pregnancy ever. What's the diagnosis guidelines for HG? I've got 24/7 severe nausea, vomited a few times, but have to force fluids and solids are just gross. I am so sick!! I'm also sick of being sick. It's getting old and I'm starting to get ticked off. I have a mountain of laundry to fold, but no energy to carry them in the livingroom. I have a bad migraine and nothing to take to kill it.

On a more positive note, we had a great meeting with our doula yesterday, and I should hear from Medicaid this week. DH and I are having a friend over for a gaming day Sat and we're letting the kids spend the night at my moms. Also enjoying "shipping them off" before the new one arrives!
post #40 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post
What's the diagnosis guidelines for HG? I've got 24/7 severe nausea, vomited a few times, but have to force fluids and solids are just gross.
From what I understand the diagnostic criteria for HG is not concrete, and individual caregivers have a fair bit of leeway. Some say if you can't keep food or liquids down for more than 12-24 hours (thus leading to malnutrition and dehydration) that is HG, while others say it doesn't qualify as true HG until you've lost at least 5% of your bodyweight.... and many other variations.

I just picked up some vitamin B6 today and am REALLY hoping that it turns things around for me. I've tried just about the full range of other natural options and although they work for brief periods of time, I haven't found a magic bullet yet and am hoping B6 is it. I should know in a couple days. Nausea sucks. Extreme exhaustion on top of nausea sucks even more.

Hope you feel better soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › May 2011 › weekly Chat Thread Oct 11-17