or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Country Living / Off the Grid › Vent- neighbor poisoned my chickens!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vent- neighbor poisoned my chickens! - Page 3

post #41 of 51

That is just awful! What a terrible, terrible man! I'm am so sorry to read this. At least you are moving away...

post #42 of 51

I take it all of you saying its cruel are Vegetarians then??? you never eat chicken dinners NO? LOL dont make me laugh! Well any way just saying not agreeing with that man that went into that persons garden.... but my neighbor has chickens two doors away and my joining neighbor has allowed her chickens to roam free in his garden but we shar an allyway, and there has been piles and piles of chicken POOP  everywhere where my kids walk  and no one has bothered to clean it up!  i think its downright rude and disgusting  and i think if you want to own Chickens   You should keep them in your own garden!     I dont agree with going in and putting poison down   But believe me  Ive put chocolate down  in MY garden to stop them coming into mine  because im sick of the S***T  they keep leaving behind  and they are not even my pets!    So  i can totally understand why some poeple do these kind of things... Pet and poultry owners  need to clean up their pets  everywhere they know they go  then maybe the other neighbor  would be more understanding! 

post #43 of 51
I think Homeland Security is the answer! They've just secured a truckload of hollow-nosed bullets! Good luck!
post #44 of 51

Interesting turn on this old thread from two brand-new posters.  I wonder if they read the thread?  There has been no mention of free-range poop anywhere in the OP's posts, so I can only conclude that DJAmanda's post was meant simply to harass.  

 

Surreal.

post #45 of 51

This thread is from 2010.

 

 

 

 

But now I am curious... off to pm the OP.  ;)

post #46 of 51

Now I feel a need to reply....

I'd have probably done something twisted like posed the dead chickens about in his yard. You know that scene in crocodile dundee when the kangaroo shoots the poachers?

 

random chicken sitting on his front porch reading a paper....maybe a chicken stuffed in his mailbox.....

 

But i'm rather twisted like that :D

post #47 of 51

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about poisoning my neighbors chickens.  She doesn't feed them and they come in our yard and dig it up down past the roots! I am sick of it she won't pen them up or put up a fence to keep them in her yard.  My yard looks horrible from all the spots they have destroyed!!!

post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenw14 View Post

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about poisoning my neighbors chickens.  She doesn't feed them and they come in our yard and dig it up down past the roots! I am sick of it she won't pen them up or put up a fence to keep them in her yard.  My yard looks horrible from all the spots they have destroyed!!!

If you poison her chickens, I hope you are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In fact, I wish the laws were more strict so that you would serve jail time.

Alternatively, you could have a rational conversation with your neighbor, and if that doesn't work file a complaint.

Chickens are chickens. They don't deserve to have a horrible death because of the irresponsibility or cruelty of others.
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post

If you poison her chickens, I hope you are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In fact, I wish the laws were more strict so that you would serve jail time.

Alternatively, you could have a rational conversation with your neighbor, and if that doesn't work file a complaint.

Chickens are chickens. They don't deserve to have a horrible death because of the irresponsibility or cruelty of others.

It's amazing how some personalities, without doing anything to remedy the situation beforehand, will immediately jump to poison as their solution.  I belong to a big chicken group online (and off) and I can tell you this is far more common than you would imagine.  Baffling.

post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

It's amazing how some personalities, without doing anything to remedy the situation beforehand, will immediately jump to poison as their solution.  I belong to a big chicken group online (and off) and I can tell you this is far more common than you would imagine.  Baffling.

It's awful. But I shouldn't have responded, because obviously some folks only come to certain forums to stir the pot. Not worth my comment! Ugh.

I am my town's "crazy chicken lady". I teach classes on backyard chicken keeping at the local college. If someone poisoned my chickens... Well, I am a pacifist but I can't guarantee I won't have some temporary insanity going on!!!!
post #51 of 51

Three cheers for us crazy chicken ladies! :joy

If it were a dog causing property damage, would you also poison it? I bet you would not, and would be appalled with the suggestion. The same goes for chickens. Don't poison them.  Call animal control if the problem is that bad. Or trap them--chickens are very easy to trap.

 

P.S. I think all pet owners should keep their animals on their property, even chickens. I understand roaming chickens may be a nuisance to the neighbors, but please don't take it out on the birds!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Country Living / Off the Grid
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Country Living / Off the Grid › Vent- neighbor poisoned my chickens!