or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › October 2010 › Had a C-Section scheduled for today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Had a C-Section scheduled for today

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
...but I'm not going! I was seeing a regular OB for most of this pregnancy, and months and months ago, he scheduled me for a repeat C/S for today (41 weeks pg.) (Though he was supportive of letting me "try for a VBAC" before 41 weeks.) Even at the time he scheduled the C/S, I was thinking, "that is just not going to happen!" It was lurking in the back of my mind for a long while, before I finally made the decision at 32 weeks to find a midwfe and have a homebirth.
So, yes, I am 41 weeks along and feel very ready to birth this little girl, but not so anxious that I am willing to undergo major surgery again just because she's "late!"
We're planning an easy, wonderful, peaceful, Hypnobabies waterbirth in the comfort of our home. I am so glad I made this decision instead of just getting the incision! It's really a sad commentary that so many (prior C/S) women don't realize they have another choice.
post #2 of 13
I am so happy for you! I am sure you will have a wonderful experience. It is amazing! Best of luck and I hope you get to meet your baby soon
post #3 of 13
Sounds awesome!
post #4 of 13
Good for you! Best wishes!
post #5 of 13
Good for you! I'm planning on having an HBAC too. Cant wait to hear of your little one's arrival
post #6 of 13
go you! best of luck mama!
post #7 of 13
A wonderful decision
post #8 of 13
Good for you!

Wishing you ELVs!
post #9 of 13
Good for you! Best wishes!
post #10 of 13
I am so glad you decided to second guess your OB. Good luck with your homebirth and can't wait to read your birth story!!!
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_Bess View Post
...but I'm not going! I was seeing a regular OB for most of this pregnancy, and months and months ago, he scheduled me for a repeat C/S for today (41 weeks pg.) (Though he was supportive of letting me "try for a VBAC" before 41 weeks.) Even at the time he scheduled the C/S, I was thinking, "that is just not going to happen!" It was lurking in the back of my mind for a long while, before I finally made the decision at 32 weeks to find a midwfe and have a homebirth.
So, yes, I am 41 weeks along and feel very ready to birth this little girl, but not so anxious that I am willing to undergo major surgery again just because she's "late!"
We're planning an easy, wonderful, peaceful, Hypnobabies waterbirth in the comfort of our home. I am so glad I made this decision instead of just getting the incision! It's really a sad commentary that so many (prior C/S) women don't realize they have another choice.
I couldn't agree more! I'm saddened (and sometimes appalled) that so many seem to be happy to sign up for another C/S if they've had one! If it's being scheduled far in advance then obviously it's not for a medical reason (unless there is a pre-existing condition that warrants it and that's totally different). It really angers me that Dr's are even willing to do this. C/S have more risks than natural birth! I wish Drs had to try for a VBAC every time before being able to do a C/S (again, unless there is a valid medical reason for the C/S).

Good for you for ditching the surgery! I'll be praying that your birth is great and goes just as you hope!
post #12 of 13
OOhh - let us know how this turns out!! I had a VBAC last month and would have ditched the surgery as well. The risk of rupture is so small, it's worth it. You go!
post #13 of 13
Way to stick up for your body and your baby!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2010
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › October 2010 › Had a C-Section scheduled for today