Anyone done the Master Cleanse while breastfeeding?
So, did you do the MC afterall? I did one to years ago and loved it. My daughter is 18 months and I have been having severe allergies and congestion. I want to do the cleanse again but nervous about losing my supply. As for toxins Im not too worried since she is getting toxins from me taking medications to deal with all my ailments...
I considered doing it while breastfeeding and after a lot of thought and research decided against it. Did it 3 different times before my pregnancy but not since. My DS is now 23 months and still nursing frequently. This is why I decided not to:
1. Higher caloric and nutritional requirements for breastfeeding - pregnancy and breastfeeding are a time for building up the body and storing reserves - although we may not realize it - breastfeeding is physically demanding - cleansing might simply be too much for your body during this time and be more taxing than healing.
2. Toxins that have been stored in your body can potentially be released into the bloodstream and pass into breastmilk in much larger quantities than your child is being exposed to now.
3. the laxative herbs recommended for using with the cleanse are not recommended for use during breastfeeding.
4. possible reduction of milk supply
5. increased need for rest during cleansing which may be difficult if your child is still night-waking or only recently stopped and you're still feeling behind in sleep.