or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Personal Growth › I dreamed of my own death
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I dreamed of my own death

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I dreamed I was at my own funeral, both as a living person and as a dead body in a coffin. It was just me and the funeral director. I stood and peered at my own dead body with absolutely no attachment to it. We hoisted my coffin into a tree and left it there. Then I woke up because my alarm went off.

Oddly, it was a great dream that leaves me feeling confident about the future, because I have finally severed ties with past abusive relationships. I have no fear of death, and everything to gain from the risks and hardships of going after my dreams.
post #2 of 7
How freeing. That is just really neat!
post #3 of 7
As someone who fears death, this is really inspiring. The way you look at this and how you're not fearful of death is inpsiring.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsSahm View Post
As someone who fears death, this is really inspiring. The way you look at this and how you're not fearful of death is inpsiring.
Last year my ex was trying to kill me, so I had to face death already. I got burnt out worrying about it, now I don't even care.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthRootsStarSoul View Post
Last year my ex was trying to kill me, so I had to face death already. I got burnt out worrying about it, now I don't even care.
Wow! I am sorry you had to deal with this but I can relate! I was in a abusive relationship with my ex who tried to suffocate me with a pillow!

Its exhausting worrying about death, dying of an illness. I should be living not worrying about dying.
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Ann, you are already a survivor!

Now I got life coming my way. Bring it on! I say! Time to square off and take the challenge!
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthRootsStarSoul View Post
Ann, you are already a survivor!

Now I got life coming my way. Bring it on! I say! Time to square off and take the challenge!
Thanks! You're right, one guarantee we have is that we're all going to die one day, might as well live it now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Personal Growth
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Personal Growth › I dreamed of my own death