He was very well-behaved for about the first month. He did have a few accidents in the house, but we expected that. It seems that over the past few months, his behavior is getting worse and worse. He has almost every behavior problem a dog can have!
He never tells us he needs to go outside. I think he must've had a dog door in the past. He doesn't usually pee inside (he does mark occasionally), but he poops in the house a few times a week--then he turns around and eats his poop! :Puke Not all of it, mind you. He leaves enough that you know it's been there. And he smears it on the floor. At least we have hard floors. So, he is totally NOT housetrained. He wants to go out every hour basically, though a lot of the time he just checks out the yard. He is totally distractible too. Any noise makes him forget what he's out there to do.
He has several issues, but this is the one that is bothering us the most right now. We're building a new house and will have carpet in the new one. I don't know how to train him to go outside other than giving him plenty of opportunities. Sometimes we'll let him in the backyard to go, he starts chewing on the door to come in (another issue) within a couple minutes, and then he poops as soon as he gets inside!
Some of his other issues are:
1. chewing on doors if they are shut and he wants in
2. growling when he has a toy and we get close to him
3. growling and sometimes snapping if we try to make him do something he doesn't want to do (get off the couch, pick him up, let us touch his feet or tail)
4. grooming phobia (totally freaks out! growls and snaps and drools all over the place)
5. has crate anxiety--whines and chews on his crate door to try to get out, and drools all over the place (all over himself, soaks the towel inside, and makes a puddle of drool on the floor in front of the crate as big as a dinner plate)
6. jumps on our beds and then faces to wake us up early in the morning
*Bob Conundrum: the chewing on doors, pooping inside, and jumping on us necessitate the crate, but the crate freaks him out***
7. the usual rescue dog issues--pulls on the leash, chews on toys and shoes, food begger, will run off if given the chance, digs in the yard
I really need help with this dog. We love him, but he just has so many issues.