or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2011 › Calling all twin mamas :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Calling all twin mamas :) - Page 5

post #81 of 160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post

jaw.gif OMG, Nanette. Well, hooray for your two little boys! Three little boys- how fun. Plus, I *love* Tristan, seriously, would be on the top of my list except DH and I have an old mutual (female) friend Tristan and she's weird so it nixes it. What great weights, too. Nice job, mama.

Also, now I'm nervous! ... I'm really attached to my girl. I think our original USs were around the same time? (the one where they told me girl was @ 19weeks). I don't think I'm as zen of a mama as you are, I'd totally flip out for a few days if that happened to me. redface.gif (it couldn't happen to both of us, right?)

 

What did you think of your peri? Heck yes, refuse those internals! I had to have one @ L+D the other night (still getting IV fluids) bc I was contracting and I was uber cranky about it when they coulda just rolled out the US, yk? (long and firm, btw) It wasn't my peri's call, it was the on call MW, which is dumb, IMO. orngtongue.gif

I'm hanging in there. I'm feeling a little better than last week. I'm really worried about this whole pg effect on my overall health. I mean, it is not an exaggeration to say I live on about 500-700 calories/day. This can't be good for me. I'm exhausted and I feel like crap. I just want to sleep allll the time. 

 

OTOH, I <3 xmas, so I'm excited about that. We are wrapping up two little crocheted blankies for the twins under the tree. ugh, we have a family xmas party on Sunday and I promised my fam we'd announce names then... and I don't think we're going to be able to do it! argh.

anyone want to name obsess with me again? 

Eden is for sure our girl. I'm chickening out of Vale after one semi-bad reaction from a stranger. Is that silly? I love Vale, but I don't want to give my kid a "bad" name... ugh. Thoughts? I posted a long, long thread on I'm pg a while ago, but the more thoughts the merrier...

I'm just not feeling Asher, even tho I adore it, so I figure that's not this kid's name...

Our third string name is Bram. I like Bram. Is Bram less out there than Vale? 

Eden and Bram? Eden and Vale? Eden aaaanddd... ???

Actually, our second choice boy name is Lucien. But, DD has an "L" name, and that feels kinda matchy, esp since we'd call him Luca/Luke and that's reeeeaally close to her name.

gah. Somebody else do this for me!

 

okay, nice to check in. I concur- how is everyone else?


LOL, I think it would be super strange for it to happen to both of us lol. He was being very close legged during that first u/s, so we should have known better. As for the name thing, I'm with Liora on this one, I think Vale is super cute, and I wouldn't give a hoot about a stranger's reaction. My mother and mother-in-law don't like Tristan, but my husband and I do, and when we told them we made it a statement, not open for discussion KWIM?

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Liora View Post

babygrey - I love Vale!  Don't let a stranger's comment deter you if it *feels* right in your heart.  I like your other names too but you seem to have a sixth sense about Vale so I'd hate to see you back off.  I love Eden and Vale - they kind of go together to me.  Both a valley and eden are beautiful, secure places.

 

OMG Nannette!!!  Boys!!!  That is so exciting!  I wonder if I have your girl?  We can never see Asher's boy bits although the pics of Boston's are so clear.  My next u/s is 12/21.  I haven't had a single internal exam all my cervical check are by dildocam :).

 

I am so excited for Christmas.  We got DD a doll and all the care giving things to go with it so she can mimic mommy when the boys come.  My mom got the boys amber teething necklaces and made little embroidered pouches for them.

Haha- maybe you do have my girl dammit! lol You have to keep us updated on the u/s, can't wait to hear. My next one isn't for another month, so I'll live vicariously through you all :)

 

Ladies- in the last few u/s's you've had, how have the babies been positioned? I'm starting to get worried, my two have both been transverse from the very beginning, and I don't want them to turn breech. Do you think doing spinning babies this early would help anything? Webster technique? Or should I wait until my next U/S @ 28 weeks to do anything about it? Ugh. I hate this paranoia.

 


 

post #82 of 160

Hi! Just thought I'd pop in and say I may be joining you all soon. I have a u/s monday the 20th to verify whether or not I'm carrying twins. My m/w seems to think I am by my measurements and she thinks she's felt two heads. She was able to separate what she thought was the two heads. She said they were too big to be limbs. I measured 22 weeks at 18 weeks. And 27 weeks at 22 weeks. I also experience lots of crazy movement. So we'll see......  :)

post #83 of 160

Preggers5 - Hi!  I had an u/s at 20 weeks to verify twins.:-)  Good luck, and let us know either way.

post #84 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4six View Post

Preggers5 - Hi!  I had an u/s at 20 weeks to verify twins.:-)  Good luck, and let us know either way.

 

 I can't stand to be left in suspense so I will be back to let you know either way.
 

post #85 of 160

Hi Ladies!  I'm not having twins but I saw this funny video on youtube and thought you all would get a kick out of it:

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE

 

enjoy!

post #86 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

Hi Ladies!  I'm not having twins but I saw this funny video on youtube and thought you all would get a kick out of it:

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE

 

enjoy!


I saw this and posted on FB so hopefully all my friends will have a clue!  I wish they'd make one just for infertility.

 

Nanette - Baby A is always breech and Baby B is always transverse or breech.  I'm totally not worrying about it until much later.  My DD was breech through 33 weeks and then was vertex.  That being said, I don't think it is too early to do some spinning babies!

post #87 of 160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

Hi Ladies!  I'm not having twins but I saw this funny video on youtube and thought you all would get a kick out of it:

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE

 

enjoy!



LOLOL I posted it on FB too! It's soooo accurate!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Liora View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonicmama View Post

Hi Ladies!  I'm not having twins but I saw this funny video on youtube and thought you all would get a kick out of it:

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE

 

enjoy!


I saw this and posted on FB so hopefully all my friends will have a clue!  I wish they'd make one just for infertility.

 

Nanette - Baby A is always breech and Baby B is always transverse or breech.  I'm totally not worrying about it until much later.  My DD was breech through 33 weeks and then was vertex.  That being said, I don't think it is too early to do some spinning babies!


Well I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with uncooperative boys :) I'm going to head to the chiropractor next week (his wife just delivered twins 3 months ago) he's very familiar with the Webster technique- can't hurt to start now!

 

 

AFM- Oh so depressed. Just posted this on FB, but gonna post it here so ya'll can read. My doc, the one that came "highly recommended" by my m/w was quoted several times in this article. http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2009/06/08/story3.html?s=print He has a 40% (yes FORTY PERCENT) C-section rate, and his quote in the article? "You never get sued for doing a C-section." UGHHHHHHHHHH. I printed it out and plan on confronting him with it at my first appointment. I'm still planning on attempting to U/C at the Marriott across the street from the hospital. But I just really want him to see eye to eye with me on this one...

post #88 of 160

that article is so sad it makes me sick, im sorry you have to deal with it

post #89 of 160

 

ack. stupid internet just ate my wordy reply. grr. 
 
Preggers5- UPDATE?!?
 
Nanette. I'm SO SORRY. That is just unbelievable. I admire you giving that doc the chance to talk to you. ugh. What a horrible situation for you to be in. 
 
Position wise, my babes are both always transverse. My B flips to be posterior trans a lot and it is really uncomfortable. I actually see a chiro weekly for my pelvic pain (she's like THE pg chiro in my area). She won't do anything about position until they are closer to 30 weeks. She says not to even think about it right now. I'm am trying to get swimming in when I have the time, as that was a position lifesaver for my breech-loving DD. 
 
Deirdre- LOL, thanks for that. I'm having b/g twins and I can't believe how many times I get asked after I say they are a boy and a girl "so, are they identical"" uh. notsomuch. :P
 
AFM, appt+US tomorrow. am hoping to get some good news about babes' size bc I've been sick as snot this month.  Its like I'm back in the first tri and I never even knew I left- ack! But I do know I'm starving and I have nightmares that my little ones are too, yk? 
Liora, you're up for US tomorrow, too, right? 
and, uh, they better still be a boy and a girl. :P
post #90 of 160

I'm sorry it's taken so long to update. We didn't get home until 11 o'clock last night,

The news is.....it's only one baby, It is measuring right on with my LMP at 1lb 5oz and 12-13 inches long. The amniotic fluid is measuring just right . The tech said she didin't see any reason for the uterus to be measuring large.  Everything looked perfect. The placenta was in a good position, the baby was head down laying on it's left side. Which she said if anything, that would typically cause you to measure smaller rather than larger.  The tech was puzzled as to why I am measuring ahead. She said she could see how high the top of my uterus was but could not pin point a reason. Although we would have been excited with twins. I am relieved that it isn't! I'm very happy with one healhy baby!!!

 

We had the tech put the gender in an envelope and we are going to open on Christmas. Two of the kids want a boy and two of them want a girl. lol

post #91 of 160

Preggers5, thanks for letting us know how it went.  Good to know that your baby is healthy!  I know that when I went in, I was hoping for twins, because I was afraid that if it was only one baby, there would likely be a bad reason why my uterus was measuring so large.  I'm so glad it appears that everything's fine for you!

Nannette, I dearly hope your talk with the Ob goes well!  I can't imagine.

Babygrey - hope your appt goes well today, and that your little ones are still growing fine even though you've been sick.

I've been waking in the night hungry, and needing to eat - something new to me, and I'm not sure I like it.  Getting up to pee is one thing, and doesn't require much waking up, but fixing a snack and eating it means I really do need to wake up, and then it's hard to get back to sleep.<sigh>

I'm 25/26 weeks (we're working with 2 different dates for leeway), and have gained 32lbs.  I feel very, very pregnant.

post #92 of 160
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post

 

ack. stupid internet just ate my wordy reply. grr. 
 
Preggers5- UPDATE?!?
 
Nanette. I'm SO SORRY. That is just unbelievable. I admire you giving that doc the chance to talk to you. ugh. What a horrible situation for you to be in. 
 
Position wise, my babes are both always transverse. My B flips to be posterior trans a lot and it is really uncomfortable. I actually see a chiro weekly for my pelvic pain (she's like THE pg chiro in my area). She won't do anything about position until they are closer to 30 weeks. She says not to even think about it right now. I'm am trying to get swimming in when I have the time, as that was a position lifesaver for my breech-loving DD. 
 
Deirdre- LOL, thanks for that. I'm having b/g twins and I can't believe how many times I get asked after I say they are a boy and a girl "so, are they identical"" uh. notsomuch. :P
 
AFM, appt+US tomorrow. am hoping to get some good news about babes' size bc I've been sick as snot this month.  Its like I'm back in the first tri and I never even knew I left- ack! But I do know I'm starving and I have nightmares that my little ones are too, yk? 
Liora, you're up for US tomorrow, too, right? 
and, uh, they better still be a boy and a girl. :P


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by preggers5 View Post

I'm sorry it's taken so long to update. We didn't get home until 11 o'clock last night,

The news is.....it's only one baby, It is measuring right on with my LMP at 1lb 5oz and 12-13 inches long. The amniotic fluid is measuring just right . The tech said she didin't see any reason for the uterus to be measuring large.  Everything looked perfect. The placenta was in a good position, the baby was head down laying on it's left side. Which she said if anything, that would typically cause you to measure smaller rather than larger.  The tech was puzzled as to why I am measuring ahead. She said she could see how high the top of my uterus was but could not pin point a reason. Although we would have been excited with twins. I am relieved that it isn't! I'm very happy with one healhy baby!!!

 

We had the tech put the gender in an envelope and we are going to open on Christmas. Two of the kids want a boy and two of them want a girl. lol


So you don't know the gender yet either? How exciting! You'll have to update us when you find out!!! And it's great to hear that the baby is doing so well :)

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4six View Post

Preggers5, thanks for letting us know how it went.  Good to know that your baby is healthy!  I know that when I went in, I was hoping for twins, because I was afraid that if it was only one baby, there would likely be a bad reason why my uterus was measuring so large.  I'm so glad it appears that everything's fine for you!

Nannette, I dearly hope your talk with the Ob goes well!  I can't imagine.

Babygrey - hope your appt goes well today, and that your little ones are still growing fine even though you've been sick.

I've been waking in the night hungry, and needing to eat - something new to me, and I'm not sure I like it.  Getting up to pee is one thing, and doesn't require much waking up, but fixing a snack and eating it means I really do need to wake up, and then it's hard to get back to sleep.<sigh>

I'm 25/26 weeks (we're working with 2 different dates for leeway), and have gained 32lbs.  I feel very, very pregnant.


I can't believe we're almost to the third tri already! I'm with you on the getting up and not being able to get back to sleep. For me, it's my sinuses that begin to act up after I get up to pee :( Annoying isn't it??

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

that article is so sad it makes me sick, im sorry you have to deal with it


Thanks mama :/

 

SOOOOO, JUST HAD TO VENT HERE. You know how I was disappointed in the doc's c-section rate? Well I posted it on FB as well. Among the responses, which were pretty neutral, I got this one:

" I don't mean to sound negative but maybe a C-section would be best with the twins? I was under the impression that was the best way for the babies in multiple births....less stress on the babies."

 

I always get in trouble with the mods for venting on this stuff, so I will leave it at: I responded very nicely with all the reasons that a c-section was not appropriate for my situation. My doula sent me a text immediately, and said "I was going to say OH NO SHE DIDN'T!" and then she said, I thought you worded it very nicely, and I love all your facts and stats :) Do you all deal with the big C question all the time?

 

ETA: Then my OB goes and writes this article, which appears to be pretty pro-vaginal birth, and even mentions that "many twin deliveries can be performed vaginally" and "Medical research has not shown that C-sections are better for most large babies" soooo...?? http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/articles/birth/cesarean/index.php

 


Edited by Nanette56 - 12/21/10 at 11:24am
post #93 of 160

Nanette - Ugh!!!  I hate the idea that birth is stressful for babies and a C-section is somehow in the best interest.  There is a lot that benefits the baby from the work of being born.  I know, I know - preaching to the choir!

 

My u/s was good -  Baby A (Asher) is still breech and waaaay down in my pelvis.  He weighs 1lb4oz.  Baby B (Boston) is moving around so much!  He started vertex and within 10 minutes was breech!  He is 1lb5oz.  I've also seen so much penis that I feel really sure they are boys. lol.  it is was undeniable!

 

I've been feeling better.  I only puked once in the last week (yay!!!) but the heartburn is insane.  I wake up every hour or so to swig Mylanta.  It doesn't seem to matter what I eat. 

 

I'm so excited for Christmas!  My daughter is 22 mo. so it is just going to be so much fun!

post #94 of 160

PLEASE OH PLEASE keep this thread going!

Just found out my April24 pregnancy is a set of twin girls!

Yikes!

 

For the record, I measured 28wks at 21wks, fundal-wise.

My midwife just laughed. I guess it only gets worse from here, right?

post #95 of 160

Major congrats, Rachael! How exciting! I truly can't imagine the shock of finding out right now- did you suspect at all or was it a total shock? Are your girls mono or di (or combo?)? How are you feeling about it all?

I'm pretty sure we all intend to keep the thread going, I know I've been just slacking bc of the holidays.

Speaking of- how is everyone?

 

Nanette- I totally get the "but aren't c/s better for the babies.??" all the time. I'm choosing to see this one as an education moment, bc I truly think people don't know. Annoying tho.

Speaking of, I'm starting to HATE talking to strangers in public. I can't stand to answer the "when are you due" question if I'm in a hurry, bc then I have to have the "well, there's two" talk. But, the thing is, I can't bring myself to lie. LOL. I don't want my babes to think I'm okay with them coming in January, even tho it would be easier to tell random strangers that. redface.gif Any of you have a quick out response for that one yet? (for ref, last week I was measuring 34weeks lol.gif)

 

AFM, still getting 2x/wk IV fluids+Zofran. It is actually making a difference, I think, tho it is a scheduling nightmare bc they won't allow kids in.

I had an appt last week- it went fairly well. My BP is hanging borderline 130s/80-90s. That's where it hung w/ my last pg, and I kind of expect it stay there. OB not worried unless it gets higher or I have other probs.

Babes look pretty good. They're in the 35th (A-girl) and 50th (B-boy) centile, respectively, which, TBH, I consider a Mother Nature miracle since I've gained ZERO pounds. Honestly, I was just so expecting to hear bad news, but they both are cute as a button and blissfully unaware. luxlove.gif

 

?- what are you mamas doing about the GTT? I declined after a long discussion w/ OB. He was okay with it, given I can hardly freaking eat and we're already monitoring US growth, but he did pull out his twins have a greater risk talk. We're going to do random fastings and pp draws whenever I'm in getting fluids for CYA purposes.

 

We started talking birth details, which, ATC, went better than I expected. I can indeed decline epi/meds and IV, tho I'm anticipating needing the IV for fluids and maybe blood at this point (hx of two pp hemorrhages, both needing blood- even the one at home, plus I'm nicely anemic already). He was less happy to let me decline cont EFM, but said he's not going to strap me down to do it. I can't decline birthing in the OR, although I knew that going into his office, so I've made peace. The one thing I'm INCREDIBLY upset about that I didn't know (read: crying in the OB's office) was that it is hosp policy for the NICU to attend ALL twin deliveries and to catch the babes, asses and/or resus and then hand them back. As in, even at term, even if they come out screaming. I have a major *thing* about being the first to hold my babes if at all possible, so this is just a super duper deal to me. He tried to reassure me it would be super quick if they were healthy, and I know that, but STILL. I promise you I can rub those babies' backs on my chest way better than the NICU can on their table. Anyway, I was in tears and he said he'd see what he could do. (he was actually really comforting about it- he just said it wasn't an issue that he's ever had someone ask to opt out of before) It sure ain't Nanette's C/S happy OB, but, still, I'm bummed. Without revealing too much personal info, I know some people in the NICU and I'm going to see what I can do from my end...

 

okay. to bed on my end. hope you are all well.

post #96 of 160
Thread Starter 

CONGRATS RACHAEL!!!!! Did you have any idea??
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post


 

Nanette- I totally get the "but aren't c/s better for the babies.??" all the time. I'm choosing to see this one as an education moment, bc I truly think people don't know. Annoying tho.

Speaking of, I'm starting to HATE talking to strangers in public. I can't stand to answer the "when are you due" question if I'm in a hurry, bc then I have to have the "well, there's two" talk. But, the thing is, I can't bring myself to lie. LOL. I don't want my babes to think I'm okay with them coming in January, even tho it would be easier to tell random strangers that. redface.gif Any of you have a quick out response for that one yet? (for ref, last week I was measuring 34weeks lol.gif)

 

AFM, still getting 2x/wk IV fluids+Zofran. It is actually making a difference, I think, tho it is a scheduling nightmare bc they won't allow kids in.

I had an appt last week- it went fairly well. My BP is hanging borderline 130s/80-90s. That's where it hung w/ my last pg, and I kind of expect it stay there. OB not worried unless it gets higher or I have other probs.

Babes look pretty good. They're in the 35th (A-girl) and 50th (B-boy) centile, respectively, which, TBH, I consider a Mother Nature miracle since I've gained ZERO pounds. Honestly, I was just so expecting to hear bad news, but they both are cute as a button and blissfully unaware. luxlove.gif

 

?- what are you mamas doing about the GTT? I declined after a long discussion w/ OB. He was okay with it, given I can hardly freaking eat and we're already monitoring US growth, but he did pull out his twins have a greater risk talk. We're going to do random fastings and pp draws whenever I'm in getting fluids for CYA purposes.

 

We started talking birth details, which, ATC, went better than I expected. I can indeed decline epi/meds and IV, tho I'm anticipating needing the IV for fluids and maybe blood at this point (hx of two pp hemorrhages, both needing blood- even the one at home, plus I'm nicely anemic already). He was less happy to let me decline cont EFM, but said he's not going to strap me down to do it. I can't decline birthing in the OR, although I knew that going into his office, so I've made peace. The one thing I'm INCREDIBLY upset about that I didn't know (read: crying in the OB's office) was that it is hosp policy for the NICU to attend ALL twin deliveries and to catch the babes, asses and/or resus and then hand them back. As in, even at term, even if they come out screaming. I have a major *thing* about being the first to hold my babes if at all possible, so this is just a super duper deal to me. He tried to reassure me it would be super quick if they were healthy, and I know that, but STILL. I promise you I can rub those babies' backs on my chest way better than the NICU can on their table. Anyway, I was in tears and he said he'd see what he could do. (he was actually really comforting about it- he just said it wasn't an issue that he's ever had someone ask to opt out of before) It sure ain't Nanette's C/S happy OB, but, still, I'm bummed. Without revealing too much personal info, I know some people in the NICU and I'm going to see what I can do from my end...

 

okay. to bed on my end. hope you are all well.


The when are you due question bothers the hell out of me. If I just say end of March, they get all googly eyed like they want to say something (or in some very rude cases DO say something) until I feel like I have to justify my due date by saying "but it's 2" which then starts another whole conversation. I've found it useful to answer the question while continuing to walk (rapidly) in whatever opposite direction I was going. It usually results in a "Well good luck" and an end to the conversation.

 

It sucks you're still having to get the IV fluids, but I'm glad everyone's feeling better and staying healthy!! And your BP is good, mine is usually between 120 and 130, and they've never once sounded concerned about it, but some OBs think 130 is high. They just induced my Best Friend at 37 weeks because her BP went up to 138, which I thought was a bit excessive. She was in labor for 22 hours, and eventually got a fever (she's not very crunchy, and let them do whatever they wanted including internals almost every hour) Baby had a fever, so they had to keep them until Christmas Day when the cultures came back negative... They induced me for PIH last time too, and I'm not too sure I'm going to go along with it this time, unless my BP is really high. I think they're too quick to jump to inducement before trying alternative stuff to get it down.

 

Your OB sounds pretty accommodating for an OB, I hope my talk goes as well. I find it hard to believe that they HAVE to take the babies. That sounds like a consent issue to me, maybe he doesn't know any better because that's what they've always done? I think talking to the nurses in advance might be a good idea :)

 

I'm so ready for battle at this point with every issue that they'll have a serious serious fight on their hands if they try to push me into the OR or take the babies without giving them to me first. I figure my DH is pretty intimidating at 6'2" 280, if I'm not enough ;)  

 

AFM- My m/w called me a few days before Christmas. Good news: I am now testing GBS negative!!! YAY!!! Bad news: They found glucose in my urine. Which, I know, by itself, isn't a reason to freak out. I've been monitoring my blood sugar since yesterday. Tell me what you guys think. I did freak out after the fasting glucose and hour glucose results came up high. Trying to tell myself that the day after Christmas is NOT the best day to test your blood sugar, but I'm still worried.

 

I totally changed my diet, and started following a strict low-GI plan, and my fasting level was at 94 this AM, which is JUST this side of normal.

 

12/26/10

Fasting Glucose: 105

Breakfast: 1 small pancake (no syrup) and 1 sausage

1 hour after breakfast: 184

2 hours post breakfast: 99

 

Lunch: 1 lean boneless, skinless chicken breast (thick) and ½ cup broccoli

 

Dinner: Steak with Spinach

 

Snacks throughout the day:

1 WW blueberry pie yogurt

1 Low fat mozzarella cheese stick

2 chicken fingers (breading removed) with 1 TBS Ranch dressing

1 (6oz) Hot Chocolate

2 slices of Cheese.

 

 

12/27/10

Fasting Glucose: 94

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with onions and diced tomatoes and 2 glasses of milk

1 hour: 132

 

 

Are any of you guys monitoring your blood sugar? What ticks me off is I don't LIKE sweets!!! I guess it's the bread that's killing me, because I can't seem to stay away from it :( I'm scared enough now though that I'm 100% dedicated to this diet until these babies get here. I just don't want to have to worry about GD on top of everything else!

 

Alright, well I took the day off from work (nice to be your own boss!) and I'm going to clean house a bit before I help DS with his lego toys he got for Christmas :) Talk to you guys later!


Edited by Nanette56 - 12/27/10 at 10:32am
post #97 of 160
Thread Starter 

PPS- Do either of you have anterior placentas? Baby B (Cael, the one that's higher up) does. But Baby A (Tristan) does not. Does this have any significance?

post #98 of 160

Rachel - What a wonderful surprise!  How exciting.

 

Babygrey - I"m glad zofran and fluids are helping.  I was down to 2x per week (vomiting) as well and then switched from zantac to prilosec for heartburn (which was keeping me up at night) and haven't thrown up in 9 days!  Woohoo!  Here's to hoping. 

 

I would be upset at the catching the baby thing too.  I just don't think there is a better place for baby than on mom's chest and frankly they can check ANYTHING they need from there.  Call the NICU and ask them about it.

 

Nanette - My baby B (Boston) has a partially anterior placenta (it is fundal and wrapped around the top) and my DD was completely anterior.  The only think I was ever told it effected was you may not feel kicks as easily.  I never really had a problem with that though.  Baby A's placenta was previa but isn't anymore so that's good.  I'm not an expert but my midwife with DD didn't want to see numbers over 100 and never over 120 so your 184 seems really high to me.  Your fasting is good though.

 

AFA GTT - I have to take the 1 hour this coming week.  I thought about fighting it but decided I just don't care.  I "had" GD with DD (I don't think I had REAL GD since I literally NEVER had a bad blood sugar level except during the 1 hour and 3 hour tests.  I hardly think not being able to process glucola = not being able to process a healthy diet).  Anyways if I fail the 1 hour I'll just say I'll start testing and eating the low GI diet.  My biggest problem with DD was that they wanted to induce BY 40 weeks.  This time I don't imagine making it that far so what will a "fake" case of GD really change?  Now, if I had true GD - like bad numbers all the time then that's different.  I think GD is one of the most over diagnosed crap in pregnancy.  I'm crossing my fingers I pass so I don't have to argue with my OB.

 

I had an ultrasound today.  Only one week since my last one because I've been having cramps.  It doesn't feel like contractions or "tightening" but just like light menstrual cramps.  They checked my cervix and I'm still at 3.9cm so I'm good there.  I don't have a bladder infection so they think it is just stretching of the uterus.  Anyone else have symptoms like that?  What scares me is that I won't know when there is a problem.

 

I've been horribly itchy on my chest and legs - not my belly.  No rash.  So, they took some blood to test my liver function for choleostasis.  I'm certainly not in the agony phase of itching so hopefully they'll catch it early if it is.

 

What else?  Babies are great and both Vertex!!!!  I'm 24 weeks today so I've crossed that wonderful viability marker.  I'm not having fundal height measurements so I can't say how big I'm measuring but I'm at least as big as I was with DD at 30 weeks.

 

When asked about my due date, I say - "Mid April but we're expecting twins so probably Mid-march."  I don't mind the question or comments about my size since I think it is all just amazing.  I'm kind of an open book.

post #99 of 160
Thread Starter 

Passed my Glucose test! (I did the breakfast) My 1 hour was 124. The cutoff is 140, so pretty good, but she still said to watch it, and that I should stick to a low GI diet- which I am. TSH and platelets were normal, and Iron and T4 were slightly low, but barely, so I'm looking good!!!

post #100 of 160

That's awesome!  I'm taking mine tomorrow but I have to do the stupid glucola.  I'm crossing my fingers I pass.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2011 › Calling all twin mamas :)