The end of the month is here. I feel pretty good - I met some goals, overspent in some areas, but not too badly. I probably need to make a more realistic budget. Stayed out of the stores and REALLY enjoyed this part of it. Kept a decent food budget, although when we ate out at the end of the month (relatives in town for the holiday week), I didn't count it towards my spending, since my DH paid.....so I know we really spent more in eating out than I accounted for. ($50 eating out for the month was perhaps too lofty a goal!) Did okay overall on the no-clothes buying, although did buy 2 sweaters for myself (total was under $25, so again, not so bad.) Going in to next month I feel determined to set an x-mas budget and really stick to it, and curb the latte habit that's easy to fall into during the long dark month of December. Hope to see everyone back in December!!
14. $27 groceries, $30 household (tea tree oil and a $20 community coupon book)
15. $73 groceries, $13 household (supplements and cosmetics), $9 Starbucks
16. $61 yarn and knitting needles. RETURNED $43, but then bought $37 fabric on 11/20.
17. $3 starbucks, $11 groceries
18. $$$ huge car repair, $18 PTA family skate night
19. $45 yarn, birdseed, mattress pad (household), $21 groceries, $6 thrift store sweater - broke my no clothes goal , but got a cute sweater (for me)
20. $100 windshield replacement, $8 eating out
21. No spend, finally.
22. $102 Costco groceries, $6 Starbucks. $19 Costco sweater.
23. No spend
24. $76 groceries, $11 hand lotion
25. No spend.
26. $14 food out. Ski day - stayed out of stores.
27. $19 groceries
28. No spend. No stores. The end of the month is in sight!
29. $12 groceries. $125 xmas.
30. No spend.
9/10 no spend days
frivolous/over budget spending: $186