or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › MDC's software transition information
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MDC's software transition information - Page 4  

post #61 of 686

Sorry I posted my input in TAO, but I don't like the new format. I miss the old format....

post #62 of 686

I love it!  It's much easier to navigate and find exactly what I need.  And I love the "thumbs up" button and ability to tag. orngbiggrin.gif

post #63 of 686

Am I stuck with the purple and white background or can I change it to something different, (like tan), like before?

 

The white color plus the overall busy-ness of the new forums makes it almost impossible for this migraine prone mama to stay on here for long.

post #64 of 686

How do you link a URL to a Smiley? Like linking our charts on the TTC forum, for instance? Also, how do we actually use a smiley? Since when the box pops up, I can only see some of them and there is no way to scroll down for more.

 

 

 

 

ETA: Nevermind, figured out the siggy part of my question... still trying to figure out the smileys.


Edited by Attached2Elijah - 11/10/10 at 5:55am
post #65 of 686

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I can't find my "User CP" or where do I find the posted that have new posts that I'm subscribed to?  I'm sure I'm just missing it.  I found where I can look at my subscribed threads, but that's a bunch of them. 

 

Any hints?

 

I know with changes it's easy to say we don't like it, but I think we need to give it a chance....we will catch on.  I really love the Beta Activity Feed way better!!!!!

post #66 of 686

I'm feeling a little lost, lol. I love purple, but for some reason these shades are bothering me too. Otherwise I will adjust.

Oh, and how do you see all the smilies? I couldn't even close it without choosing one. I'm too young to be freaked out by change!! lol

post #67 of 686


If you go into the top right corner to your name, you can click it and it will pull up your User CP.  There is also a list of your threads in your user cp.  Also, up near the top, there is a link called "subscriptions" that you can click for your threads. smile.gif

 

I'm not a mod or anything, but I just figured that part out myself and thought I'd share. orngbiggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein View Post

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I can't find my "User CP" or where do I find the posted that have new posts that I'm subscribed to?  I'm sure I'm just missing it.  I found where I can look at my subscribed threads, but that's a bunch of them. 

 

Any hints?

 

I know with changes it's easy to say we don't like it, but I think we need to give it a chance....we will catch on.  I really love the Beta Activity Feed way better!!!!!

post #68 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLura View Post

I'm feeling a little lost, lol. I love purple, but for some reason these shades are bothering me too. Otherwise I will adjust.

Oh, and how do you see all the smilies? I couldn't even close it without choosing one. I'm too young to be freaked out by change!! lol



I can't figure the smilies out either.

post #69 of 686

Have the rules for viewing PasP and TAO changed?  I can no longer see either forum.

 

 

ETA:  Also, I am no longer getting email notifications of new posts, even though I'm subscribed to immediate email notifications.


Edited by Tiana - 11/10/10 at 7:07am
post #70 of 686

I really hope other color choices will become available.  The old tan was great!  All this white is hard on the eyes, and the purple and green combo is just so darn ugly!

post #71 of 686

Just in case some of you can't see your name in the top right corner, adblock is blocking those images, I had to adjust adblock to allow them! Now I can see my user cp.

post #72 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post

I really hope other color choices will become available.  The old tan was great!  All this white is hard on the eyes, and the purple and green combo is just so darn ugly!



This exactly!!!! I have eye problems and can't do bright or white backgrounds online.

 

How do you get the purple and green?

post #73 of 686

 

Appears that you have use the smile button to find smileys. However, once it's in place, you can highlight it and insert a hyperlink with the hyperlink button.

 

lol.gif ?


Edited by sapphire_chan - 11/10/10 at 11:46am
post #74 of 686

How do we change the number of posts per page?

post #75 of 686

iphone (ipod): Am I missing something? It said upthread that the forum would look *better* on an iphone, but for me it is displaying just as a regular webpage - thus too small to navigate well.

post #76 of 686

Also, when I try to insert a smilie it brings up a window that is way bigger than my screen that I cannot scroll. The only way to get out of it is to choose a smilie from those that I can see. (I'm using safari on a mac)

post #77 of 686

OK, so I figured out how to change my signature.

 

New problems:

  1. Can't see all of the smilies- in Mozilla (my preferred browser) or Internet Explorer.
  2. Can't see my subscribed forums- not sure where to look.
  3. All of the people I had blocked are now UNblocked. :-(
post #78 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post

How do you get the purple and green?


That's just the overall theme of the site.  You don't see so much of those colors on this page, thank goodness, but they're there at the top and bottom.  (I'm sure someone must have done some research and found that those colors went over well with a lot of people, but I hate purple, I hate that shade of green, and I think purple and green look terrible in combination.)

post #79 of 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Wonder View Post
New problems:
  1. Can't see all of the smilies- in Mozilla (my preferred browser) or Internet Explorer.
  2. Can't see my subscribed forums- not sure where to look.

 

 

I came to this thread to ask about the same problems. I'm using Mozilla. To add on to the smiley problem, smilies entered manually show up when posted, but not in preview. Hard to see if I've entered it right without posting and then editing over and over.

 

In addition, I don't see a way to search for members or see when a member was last online. I would also like to echo that the background color isn't just an aesthetic preference. My head hurts from the bright new color scheme.

post #80 of 686

When I'm seeing my subscribed threads, how do I get to just the unread posts in each thread?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
This thread is locked  
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › MDC's software transition information