no5no5 - I am so sorry your test results are worrying you. We decided not to do testing with DD3 as well as this baby because of results we had when I was pregnant with DD2. I had a 1/12 chance of DD2 having Trisomy 13 or 18. Our chances were so high my OB told me at the time to consider immediate induction or termination of the pregnancy. Of course I said no and freaked out. My OB finally gave and sent me to Johns Hopkins for genetic testing. We spoke with a genetic counselor and then had the very lengthy ultrasound. The ultrasound showed all was clear. And the radiologist even came in after the ultrasound tech to make sure they hadn't missed anything. He told me that if the sonographer or radiologist know what to look for in advance, they can usually determine if it's an accurate result or not. I was told that day my baby absolutely did not have any abnormalities and she was born perfect. The OB I transferred to afterwards told me not to have the testing done with future pregnancies as my results may be off for whatever reason.
All of that being said, do you have other children with disabilities? If so, knowing ahead might help so that you can coordinate everyone's care. How would you feel if this baby does in fact have DS? And, would you terminate the pregnancy if baby does have DS? How would you feel if you did have an amnio and chanced miscarriage? The way I feel (and please don't take offense) is DS is not life threatening to the baby and I wouldn't terminate, no need in amnio and chancing my pregnancy. But that's just me.
I hope things get better for you.