My problem right now is keeping new stuff from coming into the house, especially with the holidays. Between DH's birthday, my birthday, and Christmas, I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. Although I suppose the new stuff isn't clutter. Yet. Plus, we're both trying to get rid of old clothing and shoes that we never wear.
Another issue is my food storage. It's definitely not clutter, but it does take up lots of space. As a result, there are also things that I use once or twice a year that are hogging shelf space (food mill, apple peeler/corer/slicer, jars, jars, and more jars). I DH is supposed to build me some 7' storage with LOTS of shelves... But it hasn't happened yet, so everything is crammed onto those Sterilite shelves. It's all stacked and looks kind of horrible.
Also, I de-itemized some of my groups of stuff. I was starting to get discouraged, and I figured I deserve some credit for getting rid of large batches of things!
1. dish drainer (does it count if I replaced it with a new, folding one so doesn't take up any space in the cupboard?)
2. 1 book
3. small pile of paperwork/old bills
4. box of glass votive candle holders
5. 2 stuffed animals
6. 2 pairs of shoes
7. bag of plastic bags (recycled)
8. mylar balloons from DS's b-day
9. free sample disposable razor
10. borrowed book returned to owner
11. lots of straws and plastic silverware
12. old set of dishes (given to a friend)
13. plastic outdoor table and chairs set
14. small pile of maternity clothes
15. small box of baby toys
16. sippy cups
17. little box misc junk
18. small box of baby accessories to sell
19. old hangers
20. doorway jumper
21 - 35. 15 pieces of 0-3 month baby clothing (to sell)
36 - 46. 11 newborn "gowns" (to sell)
47 - 64. 18 unneeded diaper inserts (to sell)
65 - 72. 8 unneeded baby hand-me downs (to sell)
73. carseat bunting (to sell)
74. fleece jacket with holes
75. OLD Gore-Tex rain jacket
76. DH's barn coat
77. 2 tiny stuffed animals
78. replaced blender with single-serving version to free up cupboard space
72 to go!
My main floor is pretty much clutter-free. Looking around, I don't see anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or necessary.