I'm supposed to be traveling to see my great-niece this weekend, who will be a little over a week old. (I'd insert lovey smiley here if I could).
Last night it became apparent that I've caught a cold. Today I have a scratchy throat and runny nose. I'm still at work and I'm not sickly, it's mostly just annoying.
We are scheduled to go Friday and we are staying in a hotel. So we have to decide if we should cancel before they will charge us a cancellation fee.
Ds is also congested but he is at school, no fever or anything.
I feel like I shouldn't go, but I don't know if I'm over-reacting. I could go and just not cuddle with her.
Can I have your two cents? This won't be rescheduled anytime soon. Ds is off school friday and all other weekends are booked.
ETA: Trip canceled yesterday. And I feel worse today. I should clarify -- I know better than to visit a newborn when sick. I guess I was wondering more so if it was silly to cancel two days in advance. I think I was hoping for some miracle stories about colds passing in 24 hours. Yeah, right!
Thanks for the input - it helped make the decision a couple days in advance instead of waiting and having to pay a hotel cancelation fee.
Edited by Hoopin' Mama - 11/11/10 at 7:59am