I spoke too soon I got a letter from my lawyer Friday with a letter from ex's lawyer. It was full of lies and distortion, obviously. Basically it said that if I don't agree to whatever ex wants then they'll re-file with the court, adding the recent events to what goes to the Judge.
Obviously they left out the fact ex is "calling" ds long enough to say hi and bye (literally- he says hi, might tell Owen one thing he did that day and then says "I'll talk to you Thursday/Sunday!" and hangs up! The last few phone calls have lasted 3 min 6 sec, 2 min 16 sec, 5 min 29 sec, 2 min 36 sec, 4 min 58 sec, 1 min 58 sec, 3 min 02 sec, etc. The letter doesn't mention that ex promised ds over and over again a b-day gift and ds never received any (his b-day was Oct 3rd). DS mentioned it to ex (on his own! I had sooo been hoping he would too but would never put that idea in his head). Ex's response? He stumbled for a minute and then said "I guess it got lost in the mail". The letter says that I am insisting that ex never see ds unsupervised. Which is bull because I have tons of texts from that weekend telling ex that I thought it would be in ds's best interest to do the Friday visit with me around so I could make sure he was adjusting fine and if he did then he could do half supervised, half unsupervised on Saturday and if ds did fine then he could do all unsupervised on Sunday. No mention of that at all. No mention of ex refusing to see ds at all that weekend if he couldn't have it exactly like he wanted. No mention of the fact my lawyer has been trying to get ahold of them all summer and has gotten no response from ex's lawyer for months.
I'll get in touch with my lawyer this week. It will probably be by the end of the week before ex's lawyer gets a letter back from mine. Give it a couple more business days for ex's lawyer to contact him and decide what to do. If they decide at that point to take it to court I can't imagine they'll get it in court before the middle of December (after his next visit, which is Dec 10, 11, 12). In that case I'll ask for an extension because I am not taking ds out of school during the last week before Christmas break (and can't leave him here with Jason because Jason is on a business trip that week). Then it can be delayed because of the holidays and then because we'll be in the Virgin Islands. So hopefully it will be delayed until after the New Year I don't know what ex plans on doing about his next visit though because he's totally unwilling to talk to me at all so..... who knows.