Hi! I'm just learning to babywear with my 2wo and I'm wondering what kind of clothing you use to nurse with a baby carrier? It doesn't seem like you can just pull your shirt up, so how do you do it? I have a moby, an ergo and a ring sling.
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Winter toddler tips and tricks? Last post on 12/14/10 at 12:22pm in Babywearing
- Help me decide if I need a new carrier and, if so, which one Last post on 8/24/11 at 5:36pm in Babywearing
- Tell me about your favorite sling or carrier Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:25pm in Babywearing
- Frame Backpack Carrier ? Last post on 5/20/11 at 11:35am in Babywearing
- Babywearing for naps - future issues? Last post on 1/14/11 at 6:57pm in Babywearing
Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole Family
Last edited: 2/21/14
- Tandem BreastfeedingLast edited: 2/17/14
- A Letter to My Nursing ToddlerLast edited: 2/18/14
- Insufficiency: Breastfeeding in Real-LifeLast edited: 2/7/14
- Preparing for Postpartum: Gathering your Support CircleLast edited: 1/29/14
breastfeeding with a carrierpost #1 of 811/10/10 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #2 of 811/10/10 at 10:09pmCongrats on the new babe!
It definitely takes some experimenting... The first few weeks I just wore a nursing bra or tank and the moby when I was home. Or put a large zip up sweatshirt or something on over to go for a walk. Then as she got older, I wore a deep V-neck and pulled my boob out the top while in the moby.
I didn't get an ergo until dd was older but also can only nurse in t by pulling down a low cut shirt...
Looking forward to hearing from others!post #3 of 811/11/10 at 2:44ampost #4 of 811/11/10 at 6:33ampost #5 of 811/17/10 at 7:23am
As some previous posters already mentioned, a v-neck or scoop neck shirt works well so you can just pull it down a bit over one breast.
Sometimes I will wear two layers and fold one layer up prior to putting the baby carrier on if I suspect DS will be due for a feeding.
Button ups work well too.
Nothing beats nursing in a baby carrier when you're out and about, so very practical!post #6 of 811/17/10 at 2:39pmpost #7 of 811/17/10 at 4:07pm
Yeah this! I like to flop the booby out the top and then cover with a little scarf or my hand. It was just easier than trying to pull my shirt up if she's wedged in there.
post #8 of 812/8/10 at 3:19pm
I like the v necked t shirts from Old Navy. It does take practice though to nurse in any carrier I think. I've only done this a few times in public and once I really had a hard time b/c he wasn't in the right position. I need to Google a nursing position for the Moby and see what I can try.
- Tandem Breastfeeding
- › Setting the mood... 1 minute ago
- › Whatcha Eating? 2 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 2 minutes ago
- › How to breastfeed and still lead a normal life? 3 minutes ago
- › anyone conceive easily at 43? 4 minutes ago
- › Good Days / Bad Days 11 minutes ago
- › How the CDC (and Dorit Reiss) Hyped Risk of Childhood Hep B... 21 minutes ago
- › motivation group 25 minutes ago
- › Very lonely 26 minutes ago
- › Help for emotional meltdowns in 5 year old with high anxiety... 27 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher