Hi! I'm just learning to babywear with my 2wo and I'm wondering what kind of clothing you use to nurse with a baby carrier? It doesn't seem like you can just pull your shirt up, so how do you do it? I have a moby, an ergo and a ring sling.
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Winter toddler tips and tricks? Last post on 12/14/10 at 12:22pm in Babywearing
- Help me decide if I need a new carrier and, if so, which one Last post on 8/24/11 at 5:36pm in Babywearing
- Tell me about your favorite sling or carrier Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:25pm in Babywearing
- Frame Backpack Carrier ? Last post on 5/20/11 at 11:35am in Babywearing
- Babywearing for naps - future issues? Last post on 1/14/11 at 6:57pm in Babywearing
Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole Family
Last edited: 7/11/13
- Worried You Aren't Making Enough Milk?? Watch This Video!!Last edited: 11/4/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Are You Breastfeeding an Older Child?Last edited: 9/22/13
- Five Lessons for New Mamas from a Mama CatLast edited: 9/19/13
breastfeeding with a carrierpost #1 of 811/10/10 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #2 of 811/10/10 at 10:09pmCongrats on the new babe!
It definitely takes some experimenting... The first few weeks I just wore a nursing bra or tank and the moby when I was home. Or put a large zip up sweatshirt or something on over to go for a walk. Then as she got older, I wore a deep V-neck and pulled my boob out the top while in the moby.
I didn't get an ergo until dd was older but also can only nurse in t by pulling down a low cut shirt...
Looking forward to hearing from others!post #3 of 811/11/10 at 2:44ampost #4 of 811/11/10 at 6:33ampost #5 of 811/17/10 at 7:23am
As some previous posters already mentioned, a v-neck or scoop neck shirt works well so you can just pull it down a bit over one breast.
Sometimes I will wear two layers and fold one layer up prior to putting the baby carrier on if I suspect DS will be due for a feeding.
Button ups work well too.
Nothing beats nursing in a baby carrier when you're out and about, so very practical!post #6 of 811/17/10 at 2:39pmpost #7 of 811/17/10 at 4:07pm
Yeah this! I like to flop the booby out the top and then cover with a little scarf or my hand. It was just easier than trying to pull my shirt up if she's wedged in there.
post #8 of 812/8/10 at 3:19pm
I like the v necked t shirts from Old Navy. It does take practice though to nurse in any carrier I think. I've only done this a few times in public and once I really had a hard time b/c he wasn't in the right position. I need to Google a nursing position for the Moby and see what I can try.
- Worried You Aren't Making Enough Milk?? Watch This Video!!
- › Beans + tomatoes (acid) - yes or no? 35 seconds ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 3 minutes ago
- › any safer option for us? 4 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 7 minutes ago
- › Am I overreacting? 8 minutes ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 9 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 11 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 15 minutes ago
- › You know you are nine months pregnant when... 16 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo