Ethelpea--What essential oils do you mix with the coconut oil? I'd love to try this as baking soda gives a rash and arrowroot/cornstarch don't help control odors. Thanks!!
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some recommendations for a few hygiene products... Last post on 7/8/12 at 2:30pm in Natural Body Care
- Body Odor/Deodorant Last post on 8/3/12 at 4:42pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Tom's of Maine deodorant?! Last post on 3/17/10 at 9:12am in Natural Body Care
- Anyone try Jean's stretch mark cure? Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:07am in Natural Body Care
- How to avoid Emulsifying Wax...anyone have advice on using xanthum gum and sunflower lecithin in... Last post on 5/9/13 at 2:19pm in Natural Body Care
Is there a non-toxic deodorant that actually *works*? - Page 3
This doesn't work for me, and I haven't shaved in over a decade. And it sure doesnt work that way for most guys, and none of them shave!
I'm okay if I am at home for recreating, but when I am at work I need deodorant. I don't mind my natural scent, but the people at work are sure not going to appreciate it in a professional setting. I've noticed that if I am stressed out about something that I start to stink more, so if I am having a stressful day at work I need something effective.
The best deodorant in the world is Green Virgin Products. It's totally non toxic and works better than anything. I have been using the same one for almost 4 years and it works every day. No odor at all, even if I exercise and get sweaty. It only costs $5.95 too. Here is a link. http://www.greenvirginproducts.com/mineral-salts-deodorant-stone-4-25-oz-120-grams/
I used crystal spray and roll ons successfully for a number of years. Then they just stopped working. I scrambled for a long while trying other natural things, making my own, etc. What is now working perfectly and consistently every day is LAVILIN Deodorant. I only need to apply this cream once every 12 or 13 days. It really does work for me that long! I had to try it a while to see how much I could trust it, but now I know that for me I can go almost two weeks with no deodorant at all! I love it! It's wonderful to just wash and go most days, no need to wait for stuff to dry, etc. I use the original version, made in Israel. (I have read that the NOW Foods version is not as effective.)
Hi there! I started this thread a couple years ago and have something new to add:
I was using the basic deodorant recipe linked to by a PP (the one with coconut oil, baking soda and corn starch). I used it for the last couple years and it does work, however the second batch I made I think I used too much baking soda...or maybe I tried a different brand of coconut oil or something, I don't know, but the consistency was different and I didn't like it as much anymore.
So, I happened to come across this recipe for homemade deodorant: http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/11/homemade-probiotic-deodorant-that/ and decided to try it. It has a way longer and more complicated ingredient list. I live in central Europe and it literally took weeks for me to gather all the ingredients and I had to order some stuff online. Plus, you cannot say this saves money over store-bought. I didn't calculate the price but honestly it is probably equivalent to store-bought high quality all natural deodorant. Anyway I made it a couple weeks ago and I love it!!!! I made one plain and one scented with an essential oil. I believe I added too much cocoa butter, as it smells too chocolatey and although it's perfectly solid it does get a little smeary when I put it on. But once it's on it doesn't stain my clothes and it totally works! Next time I will add less cocoa butter and perhaps a bit more beeswax. Oh and probiotics are nearly impossible and extremely expensive to get in this part of the world so I left that out. ....and as a bonus, I realized that lip balm is made from some of the same ingredients so I just ordered a bunch of empty lip balm tubes and am going to try my hand at that now too!!!
Good luck to anyone wanting to try this, it is awesome stuff!
I probably already posted on this thread (it is old) but I use two:
coconut oil with essential oil mixed in
diluted magnesium oil (full strength stings, so I use a 1 part mag, 1 part water mix in a spray bottle), just a few squirts and rub in. Amazing.
Haven't read the thread in full..... After prego #2 my armpits were STINKY. So bad I would bring an extra shirt in the car because I might have to change. Ugh, horrible.
Found 'Coconut Snow' at a local market and it worked. Finally no stink! I have since made my own concoction with coconut oil, baking soda, some TTO and jojoba but I can't get the consistency the same as Coconut Snow. I find straight CO works sometimes, but not all the time. The CSnow does separate in summer months, and in the winter it is hard to get out of the tube. I will order more this summer when I am stateside then dump it out of the squeeze bottle into a little tub so i can stir it. I see they have it in stick now, so I'll try that too!
- Is there a non-toxic deodorant that actually *works*?
- › How do you handle payment for overseas travel when kids are really... 2 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 2 minutes ago
- › Playstand plans with arches 2 minutes ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 5 minutes ago
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 10 minutes ago
- › Flying with a 1 year old 16 minutes ago
- › Hospital Bag / Homebirth List 19 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner girls? 24 minutes ago
- › Life in South Carolina? 25 minutes ago
- › 23 weeks and still exhausted and having food aversions - anyone else? 29 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf