My DH has a 75 gallon freshwater fish tank that has sat dormant for, well, years now. :( All the fish died, it had/has MASSIVE amounts of fish poop in it, and it still has most of the water in it. He just didn't take care of it anymore. We both want to empty it out and get rid of it, but I am really nervous about opening it up to the air in the house. Could there be bad bacteria and stuff in there like Legionaires (sp?) or other disease causing agents? How should be handle this? Anyone have any advice? He still wants to be able to use the tank so we can't throw bleach or anything in there. I am afraid to even open the top to expose whatever is in there to the air. We can't just pick it up and dump it outside b/c the thing would shatter. Help!