or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Big Are The Babies? - Page 2

post #21 of 63

Malachi was 7 lbs. at birth, 7 lbs. 15 oz. at 2 weeks, 9 lbs. at 4 weeks, and now 10 lbs, 2 oz at 6 weeks :) That is more than 1/2 lb. per week since birth! He nurses constantly, so I shouldn't be surprised, but he's already in 3-6 month clothes at 6 weeks!


Edited by BirthIsAwesome - 12/8/10 at 6:05am
post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokentail View Post

Yikes I feel like my lil monkey isnt growing as fast ..maybe because she was so big @ birth?
She was 10lbs 6 oz, 21.75". Today @ 7 weeks 3 days shes 11 lbs 2oz, 23" she did lose a whole lb in the hospital.


 think im in the same boat as you, dd was 9lb 5oz but lost a lb, she is now 11lb 8oz at 6 weeks 3 days

post #23 of 63

Mateo is just shy of 8 weeks old. He was born 9 lbs 5 oz and he is now...13.5 pounds. bigeyes.gif

 

I think I'm making cream.

 

He's a cluster nurser too.

 

Chunky monkey.

post #24 of 63

Elise was 6 lbs 8 oz at birth, 6 lbs when we left the hospital (I had a lot of IV fluids in labour, I think it was all water weight).

 

She was 9 lbs at 6 weeks and 3 days.  


All that gain thanks to the mamas who have donated their milk to feed her.  She has eaten only donor milk, her whole life so far!  :) 

post #25 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post

Elise was 6 lbs 8 oz at birth, 6 lbs when we left the hospital (I had a lot of IV fluids in labour, I think it was all water weight).

 

She was 9 lbs at 6 weeks and 3 days.  


All that gain thanks to the mamas who have donated their milk to feed her.  She has eaten only donor milk, her whole life so far!  :) 


This truly warms my heart! 

post #26 of 63

Josie was 6lb 15oz at birth and blew me away when she measured 8lb at two weeks!

post #27 of 63
We went to the midwife yesterday. Niamh was 3 weeks, 4 days and weighed 9 lbs, 14 oz. She weighed 7, 8 at birth, so this is a big gain, almost 2 oz a day. So different from Ds, who has always gained slowly. I chalk it up to the fact that this one actually sleeps, plus some pumping has revealed that my milk is pure cream. Hehe. Is it possible that an autumn baby would get fattier milk than a summer baby, since there is more of an imperative to fatten her up for the cold season?
post #28 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheashea View Post

We went to the midwife yesterday. Niamh was 3 weeks, 4 days and weighed 9 lbs, 14 oz. She weighed 7, 8 at birth, so this is a big gain, almost 2 oz a day. So different from Ds, who has always gained slowly. I chalk it up to the fact that this one actually sleeps, plus some pumping has revealed that my milk is pure cream. Hehe. Is it possible that an autumn baby would get fattier milk than a summer baby, since there is more of an imperative to fatten her up for the cold season?


Well done Mama! I have read somewhere that in summer you produce more foremilk as it is more thirst quenching and has more water content than the fattier stuff. So maybe you do produce more fattier stuff in winter? Unsure on that one but it wouldnt surprise me.

post #29 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly24 View Post

Well done Mama! I have read somewhere that in summer you produce more foremilk as it is more thirst quenching and has more water content than the fattier stuff. So maybe you do produce more fattier stuff in winter? Unsure on that one but it wouldnt surprise me.


That's an interesting theory. DD1 was an October baby and gained 2 oz a day (she got HUGE) and we were living in a climate with very mild winters (i.e. as warm as the summers where we currently live). DD2 is gaining really well, but it doesn't seem to be as crazy and we're in a climate where she needs all the fat she can get... but who knows, maybe I'll go to her 2 month appointment and find out that she's surpassed her sister's record. Although I DID seem to have a lot more foremilk with DD1 (based on her poops) and had to block nurse a lot more... so maybe there is something to warmer weather = more foremilk. 

post #30 of 63

I guess it's not a terribly huge surprise (no pun intended) that Cadence was 12 lbs 9 oz at her one month check-up (4 weeks, 3 days).  Lol.  She wasn't even "on" the percentile chart. faint.gif

 

She's 6 weeks today, and I'm betting at least 13 and a half, but who knows.  She's in 6 month clothes, and still cute as a button, even if I never got to experience that sweet teeny tiny newborn stage.  :)

post #31 of 63

Ben is now 12lbs 4oz at 5 weeks 4 days

post #32 of 63

Finn is 7 weeks old today and was 11lbs 7ozs at his check up!  He's such a chunker :D 

post #33 of 63

Eleanor was 7 lbs 13 oz at birth and Wednesday at 8 weeks she was exactly 12 lbs.

post #34 of 63
Thread Starter 

Travis got weight today... 8 pounds 14 ounces and 21.5 inches long at 7 weeks... he is such a peanut.

post #35 of 63

Elora was 8lbs 1oz at birth, roughly, and now at 9 weeks is 12 lbs, roughly. :)

 

i noticed several weeks ago that she went from having that pink newborn skin to the white, rolly polly baby chub that says i'm-a-baby-now-and-not-a-newborn. she still has the fine duck down hairs on her shoulders, tho, so that's consoling. :p

post #36 of 63

James was 9lb 5oz at birth and at one month he'r roughly 12 1/2lbs already.  If you account for the fact that he was down to 8, 12 in the hospital, thats almost a lb a week.jaw.gif  I guess its not that suprising based on how much he eats.

post #37 of 63
Geez! I feel like Sophia isn't gaining much compared to all the babies here. She was 7.2 at birth and 8.2 at 1 month. We had mostly 0-3 mo clothes for her and had to go out and buy newborn clothes so she wouldn't be swimming In her onesies. Poor thing! Still at 5 weeks old, all of the newborn clothes still fit perfectly, or are still too long. I don't think she'll be in 0-3 mo clothes for a while!
post #38 of 63

Update today at 6 weeks, Oliver is 12lbs 7oz -- he was 9lbs 1oz at birth, and 11lbs 3oz at 4 weeks. 

post #39 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post

Geez! I feel like Sophia isn't gaining much compared to all the babies here. She was 7.2 at birth and 8.2 at 1 month. We had mostly 0-3 mo clothes for her and had to go out and buy newborn clothes so she wouldn't be swimming In her onesies. Poor thing! Still at 5 weeks old, all of the newborn clothes still fit perfectly, or are still too long. I don't think she'll be in 0-3 mo clothes for a while!


Travis is almost 2 months old and just hit 9 pounds and still fits perfectly in newborn clothes too :)

post #40 of 63

Avery was born 7lbs 2oz, but lost lots of weight and got down to 6lbs 5oz.  At 6 weeks she weighed 11lbs 9oz.  That's crazy!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2010