DD is a super healthy big one yr old (27+lbs), staying at home full time with mom, breastfeeding a lot (and more recently having some whole foods), never had any meds, and despite the pressure of living in a country wher I'm considered insane for it I've been able to keep her unvaxed. I was planning on potentially starting her with a selective schedule after she turned one, but now that the date has come and gone I'm starting to have second thoughts. My idea was to delay for as long as it felt right to me, and then considering DTaP, polio and potentially MMR.
Our pedi is a family Dr who I'm comfortable with because he's been very respectful with my decisions (partly probably because he doesn't know what to make of me since I'm his only non-vaxing cloth diapering mom who is breastfeeding past 9 months.) He is suggesting I try the hexavalent or pentavalent, which combine either 5 (DTP, Hib, Hep B) or 6 (DTP, Hib, Hep B, +Polio). I was going back and forth deciding and looking for some advice on whether I should consider these. I've been trying to do local research and I found the hexavalent's brand to be Infanrix (no thimerosol), but I did find some info online about these two combined vaxes that has been very upsetting- such as an article on vaccineinjury.info, and recalls in Bhutan (!!!) But it's hard for me to make this call considering we are in a country where some of these diseases are (or they are believed to be) a concern.
I'm thinking of either waiting a few more months for her to establish the blood-brain barrier and then giving her the combined vax, or trying to start her first dose of DTaP only for now but I'm getting a lot of -pardon my language- bull* from family for even questioning the standard vaccine schedule. I guess I'm looking for some reassurance, advice, stories, any more info on these combined vaxes. Also being a one yr old shes out of the danger-zone for some of the diseases covered in the combined vaccines, right? TIA I really appreciate it..