Sorry about taking so long for the update.
Sat. evening Isis chewed the top off some chainsaw oil that I thought was out of reach on the porch. I didnt think much of it since she was ignoring it when I got out there and figured once the lid was off she was done with it since it was so gross.
Well apparently she either ingested enough of it that it hurt her throat or just breathing in the fumes was enough to cause irritation so now she has something like bronchitis.
She was acting so sick because she had a 105 fever apparently. I honestly thought she was dying
The vet. gave her 2 shots of abx and within 30 min. her color was improving, she looked really pale around her muzzle where it is usually a nice healthy pink. She ate good a bit ago and is watching everything that is going on and when we got home she grabbed her fav. cat to slobber all over
: Though she still isnt feeling great yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to relax more.
She will be on abx and tylenol if needed for the next few days but should be fine
From what I could find on the net searching earlier today getting an upper resp. illness after getting into oil is pretty common. Though it could just be a coincidence her getting sick after the oil thing no way to know for sure. I am just glad she didnt drink enough to poison her at least she isnt showing signs of that.
Thank you all for the good thoughts and well wishes.
This is Isis she will be 10months old the 3rdEdited by MCatLvrMom2A&X - 11/23/10 at 7:57pm