DH and I are in a rough place finacially so my mom is helping with my student loans, therefore I think it would counterproductive to buy her a Christmas present and I think it would make her mad. However, I don't want to not give her a gift. I'm fairly crafty, I can sew and do many other crafts (I'm not very good at yarn crafts tho and I don't have any scrapebooking supplies). I'm thinking I'd like to do something with the kids handprints or footprints, or pictures, but I don't want it to look cheap. Any ideas? TIA
- categoryArts Crafts
Related Forum Threads
- 10 Skeins of merino/tencel blend yarn by Valley Yarns Last post on 12/30/12 at 6:29pm in Crafts
- Birthday Party Favor Craft Ideas? Last post on 1/5/11 at 3:26pm in Arts & Crafts
- Photography - Come share pictures! Last post on 1/4/11 at 5:42pm in Arts & Crafts
- Good birthday gift for someone who likes paper crafts? Last post on 1/17/11 at 6:15pm in Arts & Crafts
- Needle Felting? Last post on 6/30/11 at 7:02pm in Arts & Crafts
Christmas gift for my mom
What does your mom like to do? Does she have any hobbies, collect stuff, etc.? Maybe thinking about that will give you an idea. There are so many tutorials on the web, but you need an idea to start with that you'll feel really inspired to try . I've been trying really hard to use only my stash for making gifts this year, and it's been so much fun. Try to see it as a challenge rather than being disappointed that you can't buy something,.
I have seen people talk about the rice bags here for years, but I never was that interested, until I bought one at a fundraiser. It is really nice - and smells so good when heated up. I am thinking of making a couple to heat up before we head out in the car on cold winter days.
You could make her one with some pretty fabric. The one I got has a removable cover so I can wash it. And it has rejuvenate stitched on the cover.
What about something like this
You could add in some sugar scrub, maybe some home made calendula cream, some bath bombs or and a nice bar of soap.
It would be inexpensive to make if you use material from your stash or pretty pillow cases from the thrift store.
There are also tutorials for simple throws made from vintage pillow cases or sheets and backed with fleece or an older blanket. You could easily assemble something like that for under $10 and embroider something special on one of the pieces.
I would browse the Sew Mama Sew Christmas tutorials - lots of great ideas there.
- › Postpartum chat 5 minutes ago
- › GBS 10 minutes ago
- › No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. 11 minutes ago
- › Carpet or wood or ... flooring? 11 minutes ago
- › Post Partum Chat Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Late period and symptoms but negative hpt 19 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 21 minutes ago
- › Storage: Moth Balls or Cedar Oil.. and lingering smell. 22 minutes ago
- › Teething remedies that actually work 30 minutes ago
- › Yahoo CEO banned work from home then built a nursery for her... 34 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Organic Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash,... by hmiller
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by hmiller
- › Angel Baby Bottom Balm - 2oz by hmiller
- › Badger Baby Oil 4oz Glass Bottle by fayebond
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by fayebond
- › LuSa Organics Hey You. Shoo. by fayebond
- › Nurture My Body Natural Baby Shampoo and Body Wash Fragrance Free by fayebond
- › Baby Bee Fragrance Free Shampoo and Wash - 12 oz - Liquid by fayebond
- › Calendula Cream 2oz by Anires Relheo
- › SAFETY 1ST 10435 NAIL CLIPPERS by Anires Relheo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering Bath and... by Cynthia Mosher