my dr has an induction scheduled for Tuesday (which would be 41 weeks) I don't want to go through with it--not yet! I want my natural labor and it would be harder with Pit and being stuck on the bed--AND I want to make sure this baby is ready.
I'm pretty sure he will be okay to hold offf a little longer if I suggest that we get an ultrasound, do a stress test, etc (meaning he's not the type to make me or push it if we both don't have medical evidence that it needs to happen now)
what do I need to prepare for? what kinds of things are a RISK to the baby that I might hear about in the ultrasound--which of those are immediate concerns and which are mostly false positives ? (I know you never know, but yea)--
I know there is a concern for the placenta drying up or something like that right? but if amniotic fluid is measuring okay then not a concern?! --can they tell if the baby has passed meconium? ---also I know they will bring up a big baby--my babies are 9lbs 12 oz on time so I'm sure she's getting even bigger in there....and I AM preparing myself to have them tell me she's 15lbs right now--I know the ultrasounds are off all the time with weight (I have many friends who were told their babies were either really big or really small and most of the time it has been wrong) --
what other concerns will I meet and which are realy concerns?!
I don't think I will let it go past 42 weeks (or for my husband's sake)-- but until then I can't see why I should force this yet.