I wear makeup every day but I just buy conventional products I can easily get at Walmart, Target, etc. What kind of makeup can I choose that's more "responsible" or eco-friendly? I don't mind paying a bit more. It doesn't have to be ultra crunchy, since it's probably not crunchy to wear makeup anyway.
Related Forum Threads
- natural remedies for tinea versicolour Last post on 1/1/11 at 6:55am in Natural Body Care
- place for universal review on skin care? Last post on 12/19/10 at 10:20pm in Natural Body Care
- Which product/ brand has highest concentration of pine tar? Using it for eczema. Make it myself? Last post on 1/5/11 at 6:08am in Natural Body Care
- Vain 40ish Momma's - Join Me Last post on 12/13/10 at 6:44pm in Natural Body Care
- ACV for acne Last post on 12/17/10 at 8:10am in Natural Body Care
Probiotics or Antibiotics?
Last edited: 11/4/13
- 5 Summer Skin Must-Haves for the Conscious FamilyLast edited: 7/9/13
- Product Testing, Home VersionLast edited: 10/31/12
makeuppost #1 of 211/30/10 at 7:00amThread Starterpost #2 of 212/27/10 at 7:22pm
I'm a natural make-up kind of person myself. I don't like putting a bunch of petrochemicals on my skin - and we won't even discuss the fact that you EAT most of your lipstick! Some brands that I have found so far:
www.meowcosmetics.com. Mineral make-up with some really fun names. Huge selection, and no petrochemicals. To give you an idea, they have somethign like 86 foundation shades, somewhere close to a dozen different undertones and then several grades of darkness within each undertone grouping.
www.buffd.com. I haven't used this brand, yet, just recently found it, but they offer all natural mineral make-up in very pretty colors.
http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/. Another brand that I haven't used yet but that uses only natural ingredients.
There's also a website: http://www.holisticbeauty.net/ that is kind of like Sephora, a make-up department store only they specialize in natural brands. I've used some of the lipsticks offered on their site and am very happy with them - most of the issues I've had was with me selecting colors that don't work for me.
Also, I know that Meow and Holistic Beauty offer sample sizes of most if not all of their products, and I think the other 2 do as well.
And a word about the foundations offered. Meow has a discussion board that you can get color rec's and a woman on their board who is amazing at helping you decide which foundations to try. She saved me a ton of time (and money) because what I ended up being was a color that was NOT one I would have tried left to my own devices. Silk Naturals you mix your own mineral foundation and I hear that they also have discussion boards and people who can help you get the mix right.
- 5 Summer Skin Must-Haves for the Conscious Family
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 1 minute ago
- › December chat thread! 1 minute ago
- › Hypnobirthing 3 minutes ago
- › 2 words: Cirum-cision. Duh-duh-duuuuuuuunnnnnnn! 5 minutes ago
- › Belly Bumps 8 minutes ago
- › Sleepovers when your teen is pansexual 9 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 9 minutes ago
- › Hi =) New on here, 3rd pregnancy with twins and totally clueless 10 minutes ago
- › Enter the Hyland's Holiday Challenge! 10 minutes ago
- › December chat - those still hanging around! 11 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh