I wear makeup every day but I just buy conventional products I can easily get at Walmart, Target, etc. What kind of makeup can I choose that's more "responsible" or eco-friendly? I don't mind paying a bit more. It doesn't have to be ultra crunchy, since it's probably not crunchy to wear makeup anyway.
Related Forum Threads
- natural remedies for tinea versicolour Last post on 1/1/11 at 6:55am in Natural Body Care
- place for universal review on skin care? Last post on 12/19/10 at 10:20pm in Natural Body Care
- Which product/ brand has highest concentration of pine tar? Using it for eczema. Make it myself? Last post on 1/5/11 at 6:08am in Natural Body Care
- Vain 40ish Momma's - Join Me Last post on 12/13/10 at 6:44pm in Natural Body Care
- ACV for acne Last post on 12/17/10 at 8:10am in Natural Body Care
Probiotics or Antibiotics?
Last edited: 11/4/13
- 5 Summer Skin Must-Haves for the Conscious FamilyLast edited: 7/9/13
- Product Testing, Home VersionLast edited: 10/31/12
makeuppost #1 of 211/30/10 at 7:00amThread Starterpost #2 of 212/27/10 at 7:22pm
I'm a natural make-up kind of person myself. I don't like putting a bunch of petrochemicals on my skin - and we won't even discuss the fact that you EAT most of your lipstick! Some brands that I have found so far:
www.meowcosmetics.com. Mineral make-up with some really fun names. Huge selection, and no petrochemicals. To give you an idea, they have somethign like 86 foundation shades, somewhere close to a dozen different undertones and then several grades of darkness within each undertone grouping.
www.buffd.com. I haven't used this brand, yet, just recently found it, but they offer all natural mineral make-up in very pretty colors.
http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/. Another brand that I haven't used yet but that uses only natural ingredients.
There's also a website: http://www.holisticbeauty.net/ that is kind of like Sephora, a make-up department store only they specialize in natural brands. I've used some of the lipsticks offered on their site and am very happy with them - most of the issues I've had was with me selecting colors that don't work for me.
Also, I know that Meow and Holistic Beauty offer sample sizes of most if not all of their products, and I think the other 2 do as well.
And a word about the foundations offered. Meow has a discussion board that you can get color rec's and a woman on their board who is amazing at helping you decide which foundations to try. She saved me a ton of time (and money) because what I ended up being was a color that was NOT one I would have tried left to my own devices. Silk Naturals you mix your own mineral foundation and I hear that they also have discussion boards and people who can help you get the mix right.
- 5 Summer Skin Must-Haves for the Conscious Family
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 2 minutes ago
- › How do you copy a pattern for use? 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects 7 minutes ago
- › What about baby swings for newborns? any suggestions...also A&D... 8 minutes ago
- › Worried about measles in NYC 12 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 18 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 21 minutes ago
- › STEM program at my elementary school is exclusive? 34 minutes ago
- › Libido and Pregnancy 56 minutes ago
- › Anyone else have a kid who just wont keep their hands to themselves? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo