You know all those excuses you've given me over the years? Well, here are mine:
In the last week:
1. My dad (age 86) went into the hospital with heart arythmias.
2. On the day that my dad came out of the hospital, my mom (age 81) fell down the stairs, broke her collar bone, her cheek, needed 8 stitches in her eyebrow and lost the little remaining sight she had in one eye.
3. The next day was Thanksgiving.
4. The next day dh came down with a cold and was not available for child care.
5. The next day, my daughter came down with the stomach flu and threw up all over dh once and me once.
6. 36 hours later, I came down with the stomach flu, and in addition to vomiting and stomach cramps, my version added diarrhea.
7. 24 hours after that, my dh came down with the same stomach flu, and in addition to the vomiting, stomach cramps and diarrhea, he's added a nasty rash. (I can hardly wait to see what ds' version is going to add!) And, by the way, he's still got the cold.
So no, I have not graded the 10 page assignment that 25 of you gave me 10 days ago. I'm going to be darn lucky to be prepared to teach on Wednesday. I probably won't be able to get your take-home final written (though thanks to a colleague who just gave me a good problem set, I might). You're just lucky I didn't throw up all over you on Monday.