or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - December
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - December - Page 5

post #81 of 97

Librarygirl, I'm kind of on pins and needles to find out if you're pregnant or not!! Would you be sad or relieved if you got AF?? Or both? winky.gif Keep us posted!

 

For whoever does this stuff, here's the link for my charts that you can put after my name. smile.gif

 

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/184418]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

 

I think that's the right info....

post #82 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

justkate- my temps flucuate like that as well. I really don't see it as a problem. If you look at your chart on ff it looks so crazy but if you put it on a paper chart you are within one degree. I find that all my temps between 7.0 and 8.0 are pre o temps then when it shoots to 8.0 and up then it is post o. Occasionally I hit 8.0 in pre o and if it stays there or goes up I o'd and if it goes back to the 7's then I didn't. Once you chart for a bit and see what is normal for you then you will know when you are in a normal range. Even though my temps get wonky it is obvious when I o most of the time.


Oh that's good to hear.  I'm going to chart this cycle on paper and see if that looks better.
 

post #83 of 97

Woo hoo! My temp is high again. It's so nice to know when I ovulated and when my period should start.

post #84 of 97

Me too! Another BFN this morning but no AF, still nauseous and fatigued, I've been a bit crampy here and there over the past week. And the candle aisle at Target nearly knocked me out this morning. So I just don't know. I've been researching and learned that some people don't get good results with HPTs or don't show + on them until they are further along. I'm 4 days late, at this point.

 

Honestly, the timing isn't good at all (I am hoping to get offered a new, BIG job this week and would be moving in the next few months and stuff. and my SO is committed but we haven't been together very long). That said- I'd be absolutely, over the moon, THRILLED if I was. So I'm ambivalent. I just want to KNOW!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_honeyb View Post

Librarygirl, I'm kind of on pins and needles to find out if you're pregnant or not!! Would you be sad or relieved if you got AF?? Or both? winky.gif Keep us posted!

 

For whoever does this stuff, here's the link for my charts that you can put after my name. smile.gif

 

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/184418]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

 

I think that's the right info....

post #85 of 97
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_honeyb View Post

 

For whoever does this stuff, here's the link for my charts that you can put after my name. smile.gif

 

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/184418]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

 

I think that's the right info....

 

That'd be me still, for the moment. Your chart link has been added. thumb.gif

post #86 of 97
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl View Post

Me too! Another BFN this morning but no AF, still nauseous and fatigued, I've been a bit crampy here and there over the past week. And the candle aisle at Target nearly knocked me out this morning. So I just don't know. I've been researching and learned that some people don't get good results with HPTs or don't show + on them until they are further along. I'm 4 days late, at this point.

 

Honestly, the timing isn't good at all (I am hoping to get offered a new, BIG job this week and would be moving in the next few months and stuff. and my SO is committed but we haven't been together very long). That said- I'd be absolutely, over the moon, THRILLED if I was. So I'm ambivalent. I just want to KNOW!


Is this the correct link for your chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/323c35 (That's what I have for you in the OP)

 

If this is correct, this doesn't look like a preg chart to me. Honestly, I don't even see a clear ovulation. There are a lot of open circles. That means that temps were taken early/late? That might be messing up the chart a bit. Although, even if you look at only the solid dots, it still doesn't look preg to me. At any rate, your temp drop yesterday would make me think that menses is coming. 

 

ETA: My first cycle charting went long too, so maybe charting itself (when you aren't used to it) is enough of a disruption to throw your cycle off.

post #87 of 97
JustKate-your temps do seem kind of all over the place, but if you adjust the higher weekend temps and look at them over a larger range (like if the chart showed 96.5-98.5) they aren't all that wonky. (I think TCOYF says add/subtract .10 degree for every 30 minutes under/over your usual temp time-sows that sound right to anyone else?) I have my alarm set to go off at the same time everyday. On days I get to sleep in I just temp then roll over and go right back to sleep. If this is only your 4th PP cycle your body could still be trying to regulate.
post #88 of 97
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post

AJustKate-your temps do seem kind of all over the place, but if you adjust the higher weekend temps and look at them over a larger range (like if the chart showed 96.5-98.5) they aren't all that wonky. (I think TCOYF says add/subtract .10 degree for every 30 minutes under/over your usual temp time-sows that sound right to anyone else?) I have my alarm set to go off at the same time everyday. On days I get to sleep in I just temp then roll over and go right back to sleep. If this is only your 4th PP cycle your body could still be trying to regulate.


 

The software at tcoyf.com adjusts ± .10° for every 20 minutes early/late (lower for earlier; higher for later), up to a point. It won't, for example, attempt to adjust for a difference of two hours.

 

Also, I do the same thing - temp and go back to sleep. Except for times like now, when my sleeping is so erratic I can't convince myself to wake up enough even to temp.

post #89 of 97

Quote:

Originally Posted by capretta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishWSU View Post

AJustKate-your temps do seem kind of all over the place, but if you adjust the higher weekend temps and look at them over a larger range (like if the chart showed 96.5-98.5) they aren't all that wonky. (I think TCOYF says add/subtract .10 degree for every 30 minutes under/over your usual temp time-sows that sound right to anyone else?) I have my alarm set to go off at the same time everyday. On days I get to sleep in I just temp then roll over and go right back to sleep. If this is only your 4th PP cycle your body could still be trying to regulate.


 

The software at tcoyf.com adjusts ± .10° for every 20 minutes early/late (lower for earlier; higher for later), up to a point. It won't, for example, attempt to adjust for a difference of two hours.

 

Also, I do the same thing - temp and go back to sleep. Except for times like now, when my sleeping is so erratic I can't convince myself to wake up enough even to temp.


That makes sense.  I started trying to use tcoyf's charting software yesterday (transferring my temps over from FF), but the website was completely screwy on my work computer--probably because of some popup blocker or something that I can't disable.  I'll mess with it more today.

 

I wonder if they have a mobile site?  Hmm... off to investigate.

 

Okay, I'm still confused about tcoyf.com.  When I adjust my regular temp taking time to 5:00 a.m. under settings, it still says 7:00 a.m. in the pop-up where I enter my temp.  When I try to change that to 5:00 a.m., it reverts to 7:00, or 7-something when I save.  Anyone know how to fix that?
 


Edited by justKate - 12/22/10 at 6:50am
post #90 of 97

Does anyone use regular old paper charts? notes2.gif

 

I think taking your temp at the same time every day is super imperative to getting a chart that makes sense and is easy(er) to interpret. Even when you adjust it for sleeping in, I don't think that's as accurate as having taken it at the "right" time. Especially when I'm pre-O, I'm anal about taking my temp @ 6:30am even on days when I don't have to get up. It stinks on those occasions when the LO has *just* gotten back to sleep a half our earlier, though!

 

I think AF is starting today, so that means another short LP this time. It was 7 days last cycle, looks like 9 days this time. I'm guessing maybe my next cycle things should start to even out???

 

My SIL had her baby on Monday and when I told DH I was going to bring her some receiving blankets and layette items, he was like "Sure, just give them to her! We won't need them anymore, RIGHT???" and I was like, "Yeaaaaah....right, of course not" but thinking "I'm gonna put my name on them just in case."  winky.gif  Don't want to give away all my baby stuff QUITE yet.

post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

Quote:


That makes sense.  I started trying to use tcoyf's charting software yesterday (transferring my temps over from FF), but the website was completely screwy on my work computer--probably because of some popup blocker or something that I can't disable.  I'll mess with it more today.

 

I wonder if they have a mobile site?  Hmm... off to investigate.

 

Okay, I'm still confused about tcoyf.com.  When I adjust my regular temp taking time to 5:00 a.m. under settings, it still says 7:00 a.m. in the pop-up where I enter my temp.  When I try to change that to 5:00 a.m., it reverts to 7:00, or 7-something when I save.  Anyone know how to fix that?
 



 



As far as the temp time, I think you have to go to the "Initial Settings" page and adjust it for your current cycle. Make you hit save on that page or it won't work. I did this a few times before I realized you have to hit save after just about everything. The software program you download to your computer is a little more user friendly, but I already have it on my desktop that's packed up in storage so I don't want to buy it again. According to the site they're working on a mobile app but it's release date is still undetermined. I can get on the site from my iPad, though.
post #92 of 97

need some advice from some really experienced mamas!

I don't have my chart online as I  am doing paper only this month but it looks great actually.
My question is with my symptoms during o. This is not normal for me and am wondering if I should be concerned.

My uterus is extremely tender. Started about 3 days ago and had my temp shift this morning. Sometimes it is worse then others. It is localized above my pubic bone and sometimes as high as my belly button (but mostly lower) sometimes it goes from hip to hip. It is a tender, muscle spasm kind of feeling. It is NOT in my ovaries as far as I can tell. It is mosly just annoying but sometimes is extremely painful (like a 6 on a 1-10 pain scale).

 

Here is some history that might help:

My son was born still at 17 weeks in august. I had a full cycle with af and then conceived the next o (10 wks after the loss). I had some weird stuff then but not this painful. I lost that baby at 8 wks in november (11/26/10, 4 wks ago). I just o'd for the first time a few days ago. We are seriously avoiding at the moment so used a condom the 1x w dtd during o. (could it have possibly irritated something?) This was my 8th pregnancy with 4 full term live births. I am 35. Had 5 full days of fertile cm this cycle.

Just wondering if I should wait it out or if this is something to be concerned about.

TIA

post #93 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

need some advice from some really experienced mamas!

I don't have my chart online as I  am doing paper only this month but it looks great actually.
My question is with my symptoms during o. This is not normal for me and am wondering if I should be concerned.

My uterus is extremely tender. Started about 3 days ago and had my temp shift this morning. Sometimes it is worse then others. It is localized above my pubic bone and sometimes as high as my belly button (but mostly lower) sometimes it goes from hip to hip. It is a tender, muscle spasm kind of feeling. It is NOT in my ovaries as far as I can tell. It is mosly just annoying but sometimes is extremely painful (like a 6 on a 1-10 pain scale).

 

Here is some history that might help:

My son was born still at 17 weeks in august. I had a full cycle with af and then conceived the next o (10 wks after the loss). I had some weird stuff then but not this painful. I lost that baby at 8 wks in november (11/26/10, 4 wks ago). I just o'd for the first time a few days ago. We are seriously avoiding at the moment so used a condom the 1x w dtd during o. (could it have possibly irritated something?) This was my 8th pregnancy with 4 full term live births. I am 35. Had 5 full days of fertile cm this cycle.

Just wondering if I should wait it out or if this is something to be concerned about.

TIA


First, I am sorry for your losses.
So this pain is ONLY during ovulation? Could be a cyst that bursts when you ovulate (very common for a lot of women) or one that is unresolved? I would be inclined to get it checked out - especially given your loss history as it could be something related
good luck!
 

post #94 of 97

thanks. It has happened this cycle and only during o. i just had my temp shift yesterday and today it seems to be getting better. If it is a cyst wouldn't that be more on one side or the other and not in the middle? I have an appt. for recurrent loss testing on jan 19th. I can ask him then, it was just getting pretty bad. Now that it isn't as bad i am not as worried about it.

Any other thoughts?

post #95 of 97

I'm going to be switching from day shift to night shift, so instead of taking my temp at 3am I'll be taking it at 3pm. So...is that going to totally screw up my temps? I'm assuming the first fews days after I switch I'll not count those temps, but after I get use to the new schedule can I record them normally? Lucky I'm not exactly CTA-sadlythere's nothing going on for me to need to avoid. Hmmm, maybe I should tell my boss I need to wait to change shifts until after I ovulate so it won't mess up my chart-I'm sure he'd love that, lol!

post #96 of 97

I haven't posted all month .. mostly because I'm STILL trying to remember to check CF and make notes on my chart.  Here is my chart, btw

 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/299dd4

 

And I totally feel you about giving away the baby stuff.  DH is adamant about no more kids and I'm ambivalent so I'm craigslisting all my maternity clothes and the clothes DS2 is outgrowing, but I still have this "but wait!" feeling. =\

 

post #97 of 97
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid / Fertility Awareness - December