We have hit the 6 month limit my DD Ped's office gave us. After days of research over several months and reading the package information on vaccinations that somehow never get to the parent, a letter which removed the legal gibberish of I am endangering my child and I know it form to give my doctor, and was really confident when I walked through the door.
The doctor and nurses are more skilled than trained special forces teams as they had me in this little box for over an hour. First it was I am endangering her health so I spouted off the risks. The countered it with how the benefit outweighed the risk and presented this book for me too look over on each vaccination. They must of left me alone for 15 to 20 minutes to sweat me out or something and with my DD getting fussy from being cooped up. The nurse enters and asks "which vaccinations are you getting today?" I said I don't want them. Then the doctor comes in again and presents me a alternative schedule from Dr Sears, and said well you have missed the 2nd month already so we will give her those with the 4 month. Kind of defeating the alternative schedule I thought. I told her I really don't want to give her any shots because of prior reaction in myself and family members and the history of Lupus and other auto immune diseases and I don't believe in harming my child with toxic substances or injecting her with animal cells. "What do you mean? and where do you get your information?" I said I read the papers that you should be giving parents from the manufacturer instead of your own typed version. I also mentioned Catholic paper where specific vaccines should not be used because of the use of fetus or fetus origin. Another doctor came in and told me he is Catholic and to use religion as an excuse not to be vaccinated is "hooey" I was then informed they would no longer see my child because of their practice. Now with two doctors in the room and nurses I felt compelled to give her something. So I agreed to the alternative schedule and choose the rotavirus and HIB as the least dangerous given the papers they had given me and I regret the decision to this day. For 3 weeks she had a low grade fever and would not sleep very well which they claimed was sleep regression. I found out later that HIB is suspected with Type 1 diabetes in children. They also refused to accept my form which they said they could not take. I tried to cross out the accusatory statements and the nurse took it from me and said I could not alter this form. I did it anyways when they walked out of the room with my folder to give to the front desk.
She is now 6 months and I know if I go they will be just as forceful and then tell me she can't come there anymore. We are Tricare Prime but the hospital on post has no openings and I have yet to find a no-vax friendly doctor off post. I have been ridiculed by another military mom for endangering her child and that people like me should live on an isolated island.
Sorry for this book, but what do I do with the doctor and these mothers? HELP