Johanna and Jezzy, I'm so sorry.
justthinkin, eeeeeeee, so good to see you here!!!
* Anything else you'd like to share: I was so bummed initially that getting pregnant took so much longer than I expected. Now I'm just grateful, so grateful, and kind of excited that I've forgotten so much of what I learned the first time - it all feels fresh, new and exciting for me and DH :)
This is beautiful! Congratulations and welcome!!
Done! And thanks! You'll always be Tear to me, anyways. :) (And my screen name is actually not my real name, either, but a family name...I agree that internet stalkers are not cool!)
I am here too! This will be #3, due late August. I HATE due dates. So except for my husband, no one knows our 'date'. The MW that we have dreamed to help us with our homebirth might be on vacation in August, so I have been putting off finding a HCP. I really don't want a hospital birth but I have huge problems with milk supply so I need to find someone asap so I can figure out the progesterone issue.
EDD: Aug 30th (but may actually be 4 wks earlier as LMP was VERY light)
Location: South Florida
How Long: 3rd cycle after having to prematurely end nursing with DS due to failure to thrive. (And he refused to nurse once he tasted formula)
No Child: this will be our 2nd baby, 3rd pregnancy (m/c 6wks b4 conceiving DS)
Family: DH - Rob (44) & DS - Aiden (7mths)
Birth Plans: Hoping for a VBAC after a failed homebirth with DS that ended up as an emergency CS
Other Info: Last time I tried for a home water birth with a fantastic midwife. Water broke before labor started, so LM could only attend the birth for 24hrs before transferring me to hospital. Another 12 hrs with pitocin and last 3 hrs with epidural and DS was stuck at 8cm and +1. Turns out he turned his head after engaging and got himself wedged. Pitocin did nothing for the contractions, but hospital did everything to try and let me have a vaginal birth. Unfortunately that hospital has a VBAC ban, and is the only local materinty. Plan to go to local doc for prenatal care then travel to our nearest VBAC friendly hospital for the birth (will stay over at in-laws for a few days if needed to be nearer to the hospital.) Excited, but also a little anxious as DS has only just turned 7mths.
Is this where I formally introduce myself?
Hi there! I am a first timer mama. I am 24, married to Z, 27. We threw caution to the wind and tried to make a baby and it worked right away. We are so stoked to become parents. I am a yoga teacher and he is a financial adviser (sort of Dharma and Greg like, cheesy but true). We're into living below our means, practicing yoga together, watching geeky movies, and the requisite Colorado outdoorsy things (camping, hiking, kayaking).
I am due on August 2, 2011, so 10 weeks along right now.
I am so excited to find this community, so far I have been loving all the info on this website. I look forward to getting to know everyone here!
Hi! I can officially join now! We had our first appointment today and so far so good! After our loss in May, we've been holding our breath with this one! Sooo...
* Name: Heather
* EDD: August 4, 2011
* Age: 33
* Location: Upstate NY
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 6 mo after loss
* What number child is this for you: 1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): David and our two kitties
* Birth plans/preferences: hospital with family
* Anything else you'd like to share: I really look forward to meeting everyone!!
* Name: Becky
* EDD: August 6, 2011
* Age: 29
* Location: Olympia, WA
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: I miscarried October 21 and apparently was pregnant again a few weeks later, never even had a period between. With the first one, two weeks after trying.
* What number child is this for you: 1
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Fiance Dusty and my 15 year old cat, Pippin.
* Birth plans/preferences: I'd like a homebirth, but with timing, looks like a Birth Center birth with my fabulous midwives.
* Anything else you'd like to share: Went in for an early ultra sound (because my last "period" was a miscarriage), and hearing that heartbeat and seeing that tiny life has made everything feel okay again. The fear we'd been holding went away and it's wonderful.
* Name: Bridget
* EDD: August 12th
* Age: 25, will be 26 before the baby comes though.
* Location: Ontario
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Been trying since July
* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): CL DH, DS 2.5 (1 dog, 1 cat, 2 ferrets)
* Birth plans/preferences: Home water birth with midwifes
* Anything else you'd like to share: I am sick! My first preg. was fine, minus growing pains! I was on my feet for 10+ hours at cooking school and was tired but fine. This time I am sick all day every day! But I have estrogen intolerance issues - so maybe it's a girl!
* Name: My name is Beth
* EDD: my estimated due date is August 18, 2011
* Age: 29
* Location: Burlington, MA
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Scott (spouse/partner/boyfriend) and fur-baby our 10 month old kitten, Cambria
* Birth plans/preferences: natural birth, breastfeeding
* Anything else you'd like to share: I became a fan of Mothering Mag years ago while nannying for a family in Cambridge. Eager to be a breastfeeding, baby-wearing mom!!!