Hi Andrea I'm in Kentucky also-- Louisville. Its fun to see someone else from the Bluegrass state here in the August DDC!
Roll Call and Due Date Roster August 2011 - Page 12
* Name: Dawn
* EDD: 8/19/2011
* Age: 42, and will be 43 at EDD
* Location: Nothern Calif
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise!.
* What number child is this for you: This will be our 3rd birth .
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My hubby (37) and my son (11) Daughter (8)
* Birth plans/preferences:My 1st was way over medicalized and 2nd was a water birth w/ doula and midwife - 3rd I'll take what ever I can get to have a heathly baby
* Anything else you'd like to share: Feeling excited, nervous and very blessed
* Name: Bridget
* EDD: 8/1
* Age: 30
* Location: New Orleans, LA...soon to be Denham Springs, LA (and I am not too thrilled about that)
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Totally unplanned, had an "oops" moment and here I am
* What number child is this for you: 1!
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Boyfriend, he's 38. We each have 1 cat, hopefully they will play nice when I move into his house in a few months!
* Birth plans/preferences: Hospital with midwife, hopefully waterbirth (hospital has birthing tubs), thinking of Hypnobirthing classes per recommendation of midwife
* Anything else you'd like to share: This has been a crazy adventure so far, and I've had a lot of anxiety, but my boyfriend and I have both always wanted kids even though we weren't planning on it at this point in our relationship...so we're excited and determined to do the best we can!
Hi! Happy to be here!
* Name: Mia
* EDD: August 27th - I have been known to go late, so I may hit September.
* Age: 37 (I'll be 38 in March)
* Location: Potomac, MD
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Happened on the first cycle ... thats never ever happened before.
* What number child is this for you: 6th!
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH James (49) DSS Jim (25) DSD Tiffany (23) DS Reagan (14) DD Paloma (11) DS Dylan (9) DD Lorelei (5) Nathaniel (2 almost 3) Siamese Kitty 1Oolong (12) SK2 Darjeeling (5)
* Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth w/my midwife and daughters planned. I hope, there were mutterings about having a natural hospital birth with my last, so that may end up what we do this time.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I wanted to keep having babies until I was 40 and with the 2-3 year spacing we like this will likely be my last. This is the first time I am secretly quietly hoping for a gender, we've been going boy/girl and so I hope this one is a little girl. A boy would be a blessing too and having two of the same gender so close together would be a unique experience!
Finally working up the courage to post!
* Name: Babydoll1285
* EDD: 8/14
* Age: 26
* Location: Nebraska, soon to be MO
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Complete surprise, we'd just agreed to try for another in the spring
* What number child is this for you: 3
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Dh, 28, ds 3, and dd 2. A little worried about the age gap since my first two are 16 mo apart!
* Birth plans/preferences: Seriously considering a homebirth w/a cnm but if that doesn't pan out, birth center. Looking forward to my 2nd peaceful Hypnobabies birth!
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a birth doula, hypnodoula, and later this spring, I'll be a Hypnobabies instructor. I love my job!
* Name: Julie
* EDD: 8/16/2011 (The day after our second anniversary.)
* Age: 32 (33 by due date)
* Location: Chicago, IL
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: One try.
* What number child is this for you: First and second. We've got twins! :)
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My husband Oakes (47), and two cats - Shakespeare (11) and Penelope (6).
* Birth plans/preferences: As natural and unmedicated a birth as I can get in a major hospital. Aside from the expectation of twins, I have a history of severe health problems (now vastly improved). I doubt it will cause a problem, but being where everything can be monitored and emergencies dealt with means I can leave off worrying.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm thrilled, but also anxious; afraid of losing one or both of our twins. Also, I'm glad to meet everyone! It's been curiously lonely, far from my family, with no local friends who have children.
* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know) Jess
* EDD: 8-26
* Location: e WA state
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: We were TTA, and I was charting so none :D
* What number child is this for you:5
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, 4 girls - A, G, L, O, 2 dogs, cats, horses, cows......
* Birth plans/preferences: Not sure yet. I am a c-sec momma, but am exploring the options of a VBA4C
* Anything else you'd like to share:
* Name: Joelle
* EDD: 8/10/11
* Age: Almost 30
* Location: Dallas, TX
* How long it took to you to get your BFP: I got pregnant right away witht he first one but miscarries at 9 wks in June, Got pregnant in August but miscarried (chemical pregnancy) going into 6thwk Sept 30th and got pregnant in Nov. I am now at 13wks :)
* What number child is this for you:1st non angle baby
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH is Kris and we have 3 furbabies.
* Birth plans/preferences: Having the baby in the hospital originaly wanted to go to a birthing center but got vetoed due to the previous losses.
* Anything else you'd like to share: I am super excited and praying this is my sticky baby. Hard to push the fear away. I am glad I found this site.
EDD Aug 5th 2011
Child # 5 for me #1 for dh
Family, Husband and 4 boys ages when baby is born: 16,18,20,23 one daughter-in-law and one grandson 19 mo and 2nd grand due in May. (my 23yr old is married with kids)
Location: Central Louisiana
Birth plans: Natural in a hospital since a midwife or birth center is NOT accesible to us.
I am a CBE and a Breastfeeding counselor. Excited about this baby, it is his first and a first grand for his family. Tired ALL the time though...